ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue's Hazell fired

If I were Purdue, I'd give Les Miles a call. Even if he says he's not interested, it'd still be worth a shot.

Doesn't matter if Bill Belicheck is on the sideline, they are what they are. Motivation doesn't change that.

You could you could see the writing on the wall shouldn't surprise anyone after the Maryland game...

Better sooner than later for them.

Might look into the Navy coach (if they were smart)
Hopefully they don't get P.J. Fleck who is a boss.

It obviously won't be Purdue but in the next few years some big time program is going to land Chip Kelly when he gets booted from the NFL

Reactions: newAD
He might just go back to Eugene after next season.

yes .. but the timing has to be right

if the Oregon job is open after this year will Chip want to give the 49ers another year .. if so then Oregon is going to be committed to a new coach

yes .. but the timing has to be right

if the Oregon job is open after this year will Chip want to give the 49ers another year .. if so then Oregon is going to be committed to a new coach

I think HCMF survives this year, but barely. But, I could be wrong.

Reactions: jlb321
I think HCMF survives this year, but barely. But, I could be wrong.

I would be more surprised if he does survive than if he doesn't However, now that I type aloud about it, I think it's reasonable to say Oregon will be last on the pecking order of potential high profile openings so maybe they figure they ride him out one more year when 4 blue bloods aren't looking for a coach next year? Plus it would show their next candidate they don't bail after one bad year, and that probably means something to a lot of coaches. BUT, it's painfully obvious he isn't the guy and they are just wasting time sticking with him.

They should hire Lee Corso. I mean, he is available, and the way the two announcers were talking during yesterday's game, he is the greatest coach in any sport ever for any team in Indiana history
Heck yeah! he went to one bowl game in ten years in the 70's, as we all learned yesterday.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
They should hire Lee Corso. I mean, he is available, and the way the two announcers were talking during yesterday's game, he is the greatest coach in any sport ever for any team in Indiana history

His health isn't great and I have zero problem with them giving him props like that. Think of it as a eulogy, that he can hear because he's still alive. Corso is awesome and he's always been respectful of our program.

His health isn't great and I have zero problem with them giving him props like that. Think of it as a eulogy, that he can hear because he's still alive. Corso is awesome and he's always been respectful of our program.
I don't dispute any of that. I am, however, mocking what were truly awful announcers. Osborne is also getting up in years and may not be with us much longer. Did he ever get mentioned? Nope. This was a home game for Indiana and homecoming. Thus, the announcers were really playing up the "Indiana resurgence" and, in line with that, exaggerating to the point of riduloulessness, Indiana's history. Fine, say some nice things about a very nice man... Lee Corso. But the whole broadcast was an Indiana love fest. It got old.

Reactions: StrongArm517
I don't dispute any of that. I am, however, mocking what were truly awful announcers. Osborne is also getting up in years and may not be with us much longer. Did he ever get mentioned? Nope. This was a home game for Indiana and homecoming. Thus, the announcers were really playing up the "Indiana resurgence" and, in line with that, exaggerating to the point of riduloulessness, Indiana's history. Fine, say some nice things about a very nice man... Lee Corso. But the whole broadcast was an Indiana love fest. It got old.

Corso probably doesn't even remember who Osborne is! That dude is kind of out there now.

Funniest thing I think I heard Corso say. Can't remember which coach he was talking about, but he said he has only 'out coached' once. He agreed he lost a lot of games, but said he wasn't out coached in those games. Those games he lost the other team simply had better players.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Corso probably doesn't even remember who Osborne is! That dude is kind of out there now.
Ha! He is. It is kind of sad to watch him now. I actually love the guy. Without him ESPN's gameday would have been just one more group of talking heads. His "put on the head gear" predictions at the end kept you watching. I loved Fowler too. The rest of that crew are awful.

Funniest thing I think I heard Corso say. Can't remember which coach he was talking about, but he said he has only 'out coached' once. He agreed he lost a lot of games, but said he wasn't out coached in those games. Those games he lost the other team simply had better players.

Yup, that's Corso for you. Loved Game day in it's heyday.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I would fire a coach too if they were around that long and lost to Iowa. Hell, we fired ours after beating them in their own house.

Now all that's left is for Hazell to rent out Lafayette High's auditorium and have a players' meeting, during which he suggests they transfer and that the AD is a . . . well, you know.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
Now all that's left is for Hazell to rent out Lafayette High's auditorium and have a players' meeting, during which he suggests they transfer and that the AD is a . . . well, you know.
The AD at Purdue is HATED by the fans.

They need to hire Bob Stitt.

They aren't getting miles, fleck, frost, or any other pipe dream coach.

They don't want a mac coach, or a coordinator.

Stitt would be great there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT