ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue fan commentary

I've heard the run d is a problem for you all. We will see how things play out.
It is a major problem. No one to set the edge with Jenkins at ILB and scourton leaving the coaches high and dry. Issue is outside of Karlaftis, all the other ILB’ers are hurt. OLB and ILB is in rough shape.

I mean, no one really knows if PU's pass D is good or bad. Teams don't bother passing against them, there is no need.
It’s a fair point. Like I said, get #1 CB back for this game and Purdue seems to rush the passer fairly well again.

Isn't your Qb a true frosh? Has he played on the road yet?
Despite the P team not giving the fans much to get excited about, they still show up. The P fans would love to see what P does if they could get a lead in a game instead constantly digging out of a hole. Would be interesting to see how your QB responds playing from behind in a hostile environment.
Agreed....but does Purdue count as a hostile environment? It'll be 1/3 Nebraska fans....

Reactions: Streamer15
Didn’t realize the pass D was bad. Pass rush and pass D have yet to prove their are bad. Maybe they are. Idk. Also get their #1 CB back for the game. The run D is the issue. Not the pass.
That’s fine to assume Nebraska doesn’t have good passing QB and a couple of speed burners at WR

I’m revered on the PU board, well respected for my political commentary.
you are a douchebag GIF

The problem I see is whoever plays Nebraska their QB usually seems to put it all together and looks like an all American it most likely a combination of good game prep, good schemes, and our corners playing 5-10 yards off the line. With that we always leave the underneath routs especially quick slants wide open. Once an offense gets in a rhythm against us the fragile minds kick in and the collective thought of here we go again kicks in.

With that said I do think we have a coach that is trying to fix that mindset, but given what I’ve seen the past two weeks this game will be more of a pillow fight with the game being much closer than it should be.

I’ll go 21-13 huskers

Reactions: bonefish1
The last 15 years or so have proven one thing about NU. We can find just about any way possible to lose a game, even the ones that on paper we have no business losing.

I think we have the right coach and the right young players. With that said there is still a lot of fragile psychies on this team. A tight game or a few bad mistakes can sink the Husker ship very quickly.

I have to go with the Huskers but would not be shocked if its close.

NU 28
PU 17
I agree. Really want to see us three years from when the fragile psychies and the losing culture have all but moved on. SF absolutely f’d this program up. Anybody that hires that idiot should just pay him in beer and Skoal bandits unless they just like pissing money down the toilet!

I have to go with the Huskers but would not be shocked if its close.

NU 28
PU 17
I'm gonna say Nebraska 21, Purdue 17. Nebraska's lack of a competent kicker will cost us some points and field position-- missed FG attempts or going for it on 4th & long when you shouldn't have to. Purdue cannot stop a running QB, but Nebraska doesn't run their QB. Our passing game seems to work better against man to man which Purdue prefers to play. So that could be a good thing. Once again, I think NU tries to pass in order to set up the run.

Our defensive line has come down to earth- the two bigs suddenly have conditioning issues and Butler's snaps have been limited due to injury. Did Van Poppel travel with the team? Maybe he uses this game as one of his four?

It's gonna come down to big plays. If we're able to score from 30+ yards out or get a defensive TD, we could win by double digits. At the same time, if Purdue is able to win the turnover battle or get a cheap score, we'll be in for another dog fight.

Purdue is the poster child of why the big ten sucks.
Has never done anything but still acts prestigious.
Boring program with a university and alum base that couldnt caee less about actually playing football, awful stadium with ugly uniforms to boot.
Such a lame game. Was more excited for UNI.

Boring program with a university and alum base that couldnt caee less about actually playing football, awful stadium with ugly uniforms to boot.
They have a really big drum though🙄

This is such a good way to put it...

I grew up in the Chicago area and even being that close to Purdue, the coverage was all about ND, Michigan, Ohio State, Illinois and some NW stuff. Never anything about Purdue.

Most of the teams int he Big Ten are what I call "background noise" Basically they are "Murder, She Wrote" or "JAG". For years and years it is just bad teams that were on TV during saturday afternoon, your old man would have it on while he napped.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Tell us what a boiler maker is. I'm lazy and slightly curious.
Similar to a Cornhusker accept cooler.
Actually, the story is that it was originally coined by another teams local newspaper to describe the Purdue football players, many of whom worked for the railroad company and worked with the steel and driving the spikes.. Thus, the train.

The problem I see is whoever plays Nebraska their QB usually seems to put it all together and looks like an all American it most likely a combination of good game prep, good schemes, and our corners playing 5-10 yards off the line. With that we always leave the underneath routs especially quick slants wide open. Once an offense gets in a rhythm against us the fragile minds kick in and the collective thought of here we go again kicks in.

With that said I do think we have a coach that is trying to fix that mindset, but given what I’ve seen the past two weeks this game will be more of a pillow fight with the game being much closer than it should be.

I’ll go 21-13 huskers
Just for transparency, I have little confidence in Purdue putting it together for 4 Q. Could be close for a half or through 3, but a couple big plays will likely blow it open for NU

I never would have guessed when we joined the B1G that Purdue football fans would be as weird and obsessed with us as they are. All 8 of them
On the list of things I think about, the Nebraska University is about 849th, and that’s even during the week we play them.

Yes, there's no reason for us to be here except for money....which makes me sad.
Nebraska should be lighting candles and thanking Jesus that they got into the B10 when they did. Otherwise, you’d be in the outside looking in and forming a second level conference with the likes of Iowa State, Colorado State, and Nevada.

At least our most famous alumnus isn’t Lawrence Phillips, famous for all the wrong reasons.
NU was a huge mistake by the B10 leadership letting them in: no name recognition, no prestige, no TV value and definitely not a place people want to see.

Nebraska should be lighting candles and thanking Jesus that they got into the B10 when they did. Otherwise, you’d be in the outside looking in and forming a second level conference with the likes of Iowa State, Colorado State, and Nevada.
No sir - we are a blueblood and continue to have an amazing following. There is no doubt even in the current climate we would be in the SEC or the B1G even if we moved today.

At least our most famous alumnus isn’t Lawrence Phillips, famous for all the wrong reasons.
NU was a huge mistake by the B10 leadership letting them in: no name recognition, no prestige, no TV value and definitely not a place people want to see.
Who is your most famous alumnus? Brees?

Yeah all the Heisman winners we have had and Suh and Tommie - you are clueless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT