ADVERTISEMENT

President’s Cup golf

schuele

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Apr 17, 2005
Not exactly big-name teams this year, but some interesting golf. U.S. team swept all five matches on Day One and then got trounced 5-0 today. Not sure I’ve ever seen that happen in this event or the Ryder Cup.

Reactions: king_kong_
And it was the exact opposite of how each team usually plays. Generally International does good in four balls, and get trounced 5-0 yesterday. USA is good in alternate shot, and gets trounced 5-0 today.

Looks like game on!!

Session #3 just started after a weather delay. Playing four balls this morning.

One thing I like is they do a live announcement of the pairings instead of a blind draw. Gives teams more of a chance to match up their best pairings.

Reactions: schuele
USA goes 3-1 in morning match, to go up 8-6. Need to at least maintain that lead in afternoon matches as anything can happen in singles tomorrow.

Some great matches this afternoon. Looks like all of them could go down to the wire.

Singles matches underway. I don’t think the Internationals can make up 4 points, but you never know. They have a few guys who are “rested,” which is kind a charitable way of saying that the captain didn’t want to use them in the earlier rounds.

USA started hot and took the momentum away from Internationals. Ended up 18.5 to 11.5. Could have been worse. Internationals made it interesting in the middle of the round, but USA pretty much owned the back 9 all weekend.
Internationals also had quite a bit of dead wood on the team, so their leading players were pretty gassed by Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT