ADVERTISEMENT

The Curse

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
It is mind boggling that for 23 years no matter how many how many times we reshuffle and replace staff and players we end up with the same epic meltdowns.

We have been shoveling money into our dumpster fire program at a rapid rate for decades only to have Groundhog Day-like results.

The curse seems real.

it won't end until A) Tom passes on, and B) someone has the balls to do exactly what Tom did. Nobody has had the balls to do what Tom did while he has been alive.

It is mind boggling that for 23 years no matter how many how many times we reshuffle and replace staff and players we end up with the same epic meltdowns.

We have been shoveling money into our dumpster fire program at a rapid rate for decades only to have Groundhog Day-like results.

The curse seems real.
There is no effing curse. That is a losing mentality. I was a longtime Cubs fan and trust me, it starts to become a mental issue when you start believing in that BS. Put the best players on the field with the best coaching and they win. Do you really think a curse made a difference to Suh? Or Phillips? Or the Peter brothers? No. They went to the field with the attitude that they were going to destroy the opponent. They were better than the guys they were going against and knew it.

Reactions: scarletred

The curse seems real.
We need to get more ruthless about pulling starters who miss tackles and don't make a play. I know everyone here hates Sapp but one thing I remember hearing him say in an interview was that when he arrived he didn't make friends with guys like the Rock that were veterans. He told them he was going to take their job away, and he did that. We need more determination and a willingness to pull guys that miss tackles or make a bad play.
And to be honest, the two interceptions by Raiola were really bad decisions, particularly the second one where that ball needed to go out of bounds. If Kaelin is just sitting on a redshirt we need to know why. Competition literally everywhere, all the time. Tom pulled Frazier in the Orange Bowl and let Berringer run the offense until Berringer threw an interception in the 4th quarter. If we have two guys that can play, get them out there.

maxresdefault.jpg

Well, when a group of serious men are fired for a group of not very serious men....

The curse seems real.
No curse just nepotism and incompetent coaching which is probably why Warren keeps his distance from the program. If we were a company we'd have filed for bankruptcy 5 times over.

We need to get a head coach who is serious about winning, who will hire the best staff, cares about statistics and data, and cares about the details.

Colorado 2001, KSU 2002, Oklahoma State 2007, Wisconsin 2011 and 2014, Minnesota 2017, Oklahoma 2022, etc…all same vibe as yesterday. The result gave me deja vu, but the cast of characters was completely different.

I like Rhule and thought he was a great hire…until yesterday. Yesterday makes me question everything. To come off a bye week and sh*t the bed in such spectacular fashion is inexcusable and ominous.

I've said this before and will again, Nebraska football for the past 20 years is about what it should have been all along, right there with the other old Big 8 teams (minus OU), some winning seasons, some losing seasons, and a whole lot of WTF jammed in.

It's amazing how one man changed the whole landscape for Nebraska football and sent them on an over 40 year run that probably would never have happened without him. Unless another Bob Devaney lands on Nebraska's doorstep, I see the past 2 decades performance continuing for quite awhile. :(

Reactions: American Horse
I've said this before and will again, Nebraska football for the past 20 years is about what it should have been all along, right there with the other old Big 8 teams (minus OU), some winning seasons, some losing seasons, and a whole lot of WTF jammed in.

It's amazing how one man changed the whole landscape for Nebraska football and sent them on an over 40 year run that probably would never have happened without him. Unless another Bob Devaney lands on Nebraska's doorstep, I see the past 2 decades performance continuing for quite awhile. :(
I have actually given Osborne more credit retrospectively. As Devaney’s OC he had a major hand in those first two national titles too.

I have actually given Osborne more credit retrospectively. As Devaney’s OC he had a major hand in those first two national titles too.
He certainly did, and I truly wasn't trying to take credit away from Coach Osborne, it's just that Devaney, like any great coach, had that special something that made him a cut above the rest. Sure, he had a few seasons that came close to getting him let go, but he retooled and let Osborne and the rest of the staff do their jobs.

Reactions: Clevinger

The curse seems real.

There is no curse, only incompetence an inability. We should never bring this shit up again. Don’t talk about it, don’t acknowledge it, put it out of our minds. Curses and superstitions only have power when the people who have the most control over a situation believe in them or acknowledge them.

It’s like believing in ghosts. If you believe in them, then there’s certain places you won’t go (rooms, houses, buildings, cities, regions) or things you won’t do, that belief or acknowledgment affects your actions. You make it real. The person who has no belief in such things has the freedom to do those things, go in/to those places. Which ultimately can facilitate growth, learning and knowledge that the “believer” will forever remain ignorant to.

We shouldn’t gives this BS any life. You speak things into life, both positive and negative. Just my 2 cents…

Reactions: SLOHusker
There is no curse, only incompetence an inability. We should never bring this shit up again. Don’t talk about it, don’t acknowledge it, put it out of our minds. Curses and superstitions only have power when the people who have the most control over a situation believe in them or acknowledge them.

It’s like believing in ghosts. If you believe in them, then there’s certain places you won’t go (rooms, houses, buildings, cities, regions) or things you won’t do, that belief or acknowledgment affects your actions. You make it real. The person who has no belief in such things has the freedom to do those things, go in/to those places. Which ultimately can facilitate growth, learning and knowledge that the “believer” will forever remain ignorant to.

We shouldn’t gives this BS any life. You speak things into life, both positive and negative. Just my 2 cents…

I previously agreed with this, but no matter how many variables we change the result keeps ending up at the same place. It defies logical explanation, so I am moving on to the supernatural. 😉🙈

The curse seems real.
I'm telling you we're close. We just didn't purge far enough.

I previously agreed with this, but no matter how many variables we change the result keeps ending up at the same place. It defies logical explanation, so I am moving on to the supernatural. 😉🙈

Well, should’ve added that it’s hard to blame anyone if they feel this way. After 20 years of irrelevancy and 10 years of straight dog shit… 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Clevinger
Well, should’ve added that it’s hard to blame anyone if they feel this way. After 20 years of irrelevancy and 10 years of straight dog shit… 🤷‍♂️
I still like Rhule and respect his track record in college football, but sheesh, yesterday was BAD.

Reactions: V-Doub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT