ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-Season Top-25 Polls Released

Man there is a lot of potential there. A&M has to live up to the hype, OU had a coaching change, and I'm not sold on Clemson. Haven't followed them much this year yet, but they need to get their QB situation figured out or it will be more of the same.
let's not forget Michigan - always a threat to go 8-4 and lose all their big games

I’m fine with only 1 vote, as hilarious/embarrassing as it may be, just to hopefully be that surprise team no one expected anything from.
So tough to see a bunch of “non-blue blood” schools in the mix while we get laughed at after years trying to rebuild.

Reactions: BleedRed78
let's not forget Michigan - always a threat to go 8-4 and lose all their big games
That's true, but I think they have a pretty solid roster. Cade McNamara just doesn't make mistakes and that had killed them in the past. They lost some big time players, but I think they are setup for success. Also a lot of people thought they were going to suck, but to me McNamara kept them rolling as well as having 2 great backs. Their schedule is also not too bad.

Reactions: king_kong_
A very easy schedule this year. Michigan will be favored in every game except at Ohio State. I see 10-2.
yea probably safe since michigan always wins the games they're favored in

giphy.gif

Reactions: RedBaloneyPony
The results at Minnesota before Fleck are the same as at Minnesota after Fleck. But with Fleck you also get the selfish, used-car salesman thing too, so that's cool.
Fleck's last 2 conference records (not including the Covid partial-season) are better all our conference records since 1973. And not tied-for-best...outright better.

And when has Minnesota ever been in National Championship contention up until the last regular season game before Fleck? I know you laugh at that...but we were 10-1...way better than before Fleck.

Fleck's last 2 conference records (not including the Covid partial-season) are better all our conference records since 1973. And not tied-for-best...outright better.

And when has Minnesota ever been in National Championship contention up until the last regular season game before Fleck? I know you laugh at that...but we were 10-1...way better than before Fleck.
Minnesota had a pretty good season for not winning the conference championship or even winning the west the year they only lost 2 games and beat auburn in the bowl game. There, I’ve acknowledged you and your team. I want to ask why you need our acceptance and approval, but what I really want is for you to just go away, so I’m not going to ask.

Some village idiot Gopher fan was just here recently claiming that Minnesota "racked up" a bunch of national championships in the modern era of college football. You should tap him on the shoulder and inform him that he's a dimwitted buffoon.

They were a consistent 8 win team before him, same as now. I also find it hilarious that Minnesota fans pretend the 2020 season did’t happen, except for the Nebraska game, where missing a couple guys from the two deep and winning is turned into a modern miracle. So 1-0 that season.

They were a consistent 8 win team before him, same as now. I also find it hilarious that Minnesota fans pretend the 2020 season did’t happen, except for the Nebraska game, where missing a couple guys from the two deep and winning is turned into a modern miracle. So 1-0 that season.
8 wins isn't impressive when you go 4-0 in the non-conference vs Little Sisters Of The Poor. Fleck's 7-2 and 6-3 conference records are both better than anything since 1973.

Heisman candidate running back.

Texas lost two players this weekend to injury. Both out for season.

WR Isaiah Neyor, a transfer from Wyoming, was a second-team All-Mountain West selection in 2021 and led the conference in yards per reception (19.9) and receiving touchdowns (12).

Guard Junior Angilau, a fifth-year senior, started 34 games over the last three seasons, including every game in 2020 and 2021, and is the team’s top returning offensive lineman.

Minny could start the season 8-0 and still not be ranked in the top 6...that is how lame they are.

Minny could start the season 8-0 and still not be ranked in the top 6...that is how lame they are.
Fleck had us 9-0 and yeah, we were only ranked #7. Even after beating #4 Penn State. We started out ranked so low because of the lousy program he inherited.

Things are getting better though. The AP has us at #32 to start. Which is still too low...but much better than the past.

Fleck had us 9-0 and yeah, we were only ranked #7. Even after beating #4 Penn State. We started out ranked so low because of the lousy program he inherited.

Things are getting better though. The AP has us at #32 to start. Which is still too low...but much better than the past.

Lousy program he inherited? They were a consistent 8 win program. How has he managed to convince you he took over a mess? For a poster that hates NIL and such, you sure have embraced the most selfish, slimey coach in all of CFB.

Lousy program he inherited? They were a consistent 8 win program. How has he managed to convince you he took over a mess? For a poster that hates NIL and such, you sure have embraced the most selfish, slimey coach in all of CFB.
Remember when Fleck invented the concept of "Year 0"! Haha, he convinced fans and administration that the first year doesn't count. Dude is brilliant.

Took over an 8 win team and kept them there.

The other dude is that ISU coach.

Took over an 8 win team and kept them there.
8 wins could be attained with a 3-win conference season back then.

5-3 was Minnesota's best Big Ten record since 1973. Let's look at the previous 10 years before Fleck took over in 2017.

2007: 0-8
2008: 3-5
2009: 3-5
2010: 2-6
2011: 2-6
2012: 2-6
2013: 4-4
2014: 5-3
2015: 2-6
2016: 5-4

In the last 2 full seasons, Fleck is 7-2 and 6-3 in conference play. Winning both Bowl games too.

8 wins could be attained with a 3-win conference season back then.

5-3 was Minnesota's best Big Ten record since 1973. Let's look at the previous 10 years before Fleck took over in 2017.

2007: 0-8
2008: 3-5
2009: 3-5
2010: 2-6
2011: 2-6
2012: 2-6
2013: 4-4
2014: 5-3
2015: 2-6
2016: 5-4

In the last 2 full seasons, Fleck is 7-2 and 6-3 in conference play. Winning both Bowl games too.
This is why fans laugh at Big Ten fans...you guys dork out over 6-3 in conference.

No he's not.
Yes, he is. Every one of your pathetic posts make me laugh a little harder, and I am not alone

B1G fans are the lamest group of losers in all of sports. You have literally gone on and on and on about finishing like 10th in the country one year (maybe higher if there wasn’t a blizzard in minnesota 😂😂😂😂😂)

the fact you see it as noble or something is the icing on the pathetic loser cake

Reactions: leodisflowers
Yes, he is. Every one of your pathetic posts make me laugh a little harder, and I am not alone

B1G fans are the lamest group of losers in all of sports. You have literally gone on and on and on about finishing like 10th in the country one year (maybe higher if there wasn’t a blizzard in minnesota 😂😂😂😂😂)

the fact you see it as noble or something is the icing on the pathetic loser cake
You started it all by saying Minnesota has never been in contention for anything.

I SIMPLY stated that we were in contention (10-1) until the final game 2 full seasons ago. And we would have won the West last year if Nebraska wouldn't have choked the Iowa game away.

But then you and others wouldn't let it go. You went on & on about how we're nothing, how Fleck is no improvement, etc., etc....

You started it all by saying Minnesota has never been in contention for anything.

I SIMPLY stated that we were in contention (10-1) until the final game 2 full seasons ago. And we would have won the West last year if Nebraska wouldn't have choked the Iowa game away.

But then you and others wouldn't let it go. You went on & on about how we're nothing, how Fleck is no improvement, etc., etc....
If being in contention requires multiple caveats and having to rely on other teams, guess what - you were never in contention in the first place

I don’t blame you for not knowing this - how could you?

I do blame you for lacking even an ounce of self-awareness and basically turning into a cartoon version of pathetic loser B1G fan tugging at the hem of daddy’s garment and begging for acknowledgement

Reactions: leodisflowers
If being in contention requires multiple caveats and having to rely on other teams, guess what - you were never in contention in the first place

I don’t blame you for not knowing this - how could you?
If you're not already eliminated going into the last game of the season, that means you're in contention.

I know this is difficult for you to admit...as you want to paint as many teams as possible as total failures.

If you're not already eliminated going into the last game of the season, that means you're in contention.

I know this is difficult for you to admit...as you want to paint as many teams as possible as total failures.
the last game of the season is the National Championship game, not some snoozefest b1g west game at 12pm

you pathetic b1g fan losers sure are small thinkers. again, I don't blame you - how could you possibly know better?

the last game of the season is the National Championship game, not some snoozefest b1g west game at 12pm

you pathetic b1g fan losers sure are small thinkers. again, I don't blame you - how could you possibly know better?
Minny needed SOOOOO much luck that season they went 11-2 or whatever it was and they still had a season that ended with nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT