ADVERTISEMENT

"Post-Spring" Poll of all 130 teams has us at Number 31

Have to question the knowledge of the writer when Tre Bryant status is uncertain and Maurice Washington has quite qualified.

Sometimes these writers don’t have all the facts straight.

31 is an "alright" place to start. We're going to win some games and lose some. I guess I'm not totally fixated on where we rank this year. This is going to take some time.

6 - Wisconsin
9 - Ohio St.
11 - Penn St.
15 - Michigan
20 - Michigan St.
31 - Nebraska
35 - Iowa
36 - Northwestern
61 - Purdue
62 - Maryland
71 - Minnesota
76 - Indiana
93 - Rutgers
101 - Illinois

Reactions: blackshirts25
Ranking seems very optimistic to me based on a lot of the predictions on here concerning our record next season.

I know its a silly pre-season poll but come on now. Id say around 40-45. Gotta prove something first.

However that has to sting a little for Herkie fan.

I know its a silly pre-season poll but come on now. Id say around 40-45. Gotta prove something first.

However that has to sting a little for Herkie fan.

Iowa ended the season about #34, so #35 isn't a surprise. Iowa State was rewarded wins over Oklahoma and TCU last year. Both Iowa programs are coming off bowl wins in same year. Rare feat.

Northwestern is an interesting team at #36?

Is Arizona really #22 with new staff and ahead of USC?

Not so much as Iowa being where they are but with Nebraska being ahead of them. Iowa curb stomps Nebraska into next week and has a very good QB returning with some talented guys on defense and Nebraska with question marks all over the place. The writer is definitely gambling on the Frost super train.

Reactions: saluno22
Not so much as Iowa being where they are but with Nebraska being ahead of them. Iowa curb stomps Nebraska into next week and has a very good QB returning with some talented guys on defense and Nebraska with question marks all over the place. The writer is definitely gambling on the Frost super train.

Yeah, I agree. But the Frost super train "might" be on time.

Lots of teams curb stomped NU under Riley. Something that says how bad our program is and not so much about how good other programs have become. Not exactly something to base a rating on. Minnesota also curb stomped NU and are at 71. We also lost to NW and North Illinois yet are ahead of them according to this poll.

Lots of teams curb stomped NU under Riley. Something that says how bad our program is and not so much about how good other programs have become. Not exactly something to base a rating on. Minnesota also curb stomped NU and are at 71. We also lost to NW and North Illinois yet are ahead of them according to this poll.
I think this says our talent is better and was way underutilized/underdeveloped last year. The expectation is that these coaches will change that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT