ADVERTISEMENT

Post Spring Break Questions

haileyhusker

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2012
Here is what I would like to see covered at some point in the next few weeks prior to spring game by those attending practice.

1) Obviously Bush appears to have moved into the #2 spot and the QB race will be great to watch. I would like to hear what coaches/media think are his "relative" weaknesses vs Armstrong. Is it only experience or is it a situation where he won't learn the offense as quickly as Armstrong? Leadership?

2) Pictures of Newell, King, Gifford. I don't recall seeing any of them this spring, but I certainly could have missed them. King and Gifford may be forced on the field sooner, rather than later, so I'm curious as to their physical development.

3) What positions can you speculate will have attrition of scholarships to get to 85 or are there some non qualifiers. DB, QB, WR?

4) Where does Wilbon fit. Is he a legit contender for snaps this fall as an all around back. Also, what about the incoming RB. Is a redshirt likely?

5) The Center Position. What's the deal? Is it pretty much Reeves, Thurston, and then everybody else or is this really a 4 or 5 horse race and a cluster heading into fall?

6) Is M Newby a legit candidate to be on the field or is he a guy that still needs to develop. His film in high school showed good fundamentals when tackling and we know he's got speed. Is Young already at his level? Is Rose-Ivy seen as the backup MLB if we had an injury to Banderas?

7) It sounds like the young DBs are ballers. Do Mosely and C Jones really have a shot to beat out the experienced guys? Do you really play A Williams, Lee, and Anderson with the group we already have?

8) The WR group is a mess of riches. Westercamp and DPE are apparently locks. I think Reilly sounds like he will be as well. Who are the best big bodies? Is Tolbert on par with Burtch and Allen (Seniors?). Knowing we're going to throw the football more, I would think that we could see some surprise playmakers.

9) I would love the order (strength/weaknesses) of the DEs behind Gangwish/McMullen. We have lots of numbers there. Do the Davis Twins really have a shot to come in and potentially play at DT/DE in year 1? This defense just seems loaded.

10) I think this team is more talented/deep/experienced than we've had in years assuming we avoid the injury bug. I'm aware that installing a new scheme can slow development and temper expectations. However, when you've got the talent we appear to have on Offense/Defense/Special Teams, I don't see how we wouldn't be able to have the transition be fairly seamless with talent alone. They have a spring and summer to learn the systems. When you have better talent, you don't need to do anything complicated. This should be a 10+ win regular season team with Average QB play. Outside of Michigan State, who we get at home, the rest of our schedule is a bunch of Hacks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News