ADVERTISEMENT

Post- Game Thoughts

He didn’t force anything. Threw the ball away when he should have and made some great throws. He climbed the pocket!!!! Stuff we haven’t seen in forever.
This. Meant to bring this up earlier. Any QB who doesn't force something while trying to move the sticks should be applauded. For a true freshman to send it out of bounds rather than force something.......let's just say NU hasn't had one of those QBs for quite some time.

Again, I watched only highlights, but clearly saw DR going through progressions, then of course delivering on time and on target. Don't think I've seen that since Zac Taylor.
Going back to a post I made after the CU-NDSU game, CU is really strong in a few positions (QB, WRs, maybe some DBs) but NU appears to be strong across the board. I like that, a lot!

I didn’t get to watch too closely but kicking off short and once OB seemed less than ideal. But Boom did get ahold of a punt, which was encouraging.
The short kickoffs were by design according to Rhule. The kickoff OB I’ll let go due to first D1 game adrenaline. I didn’t like the coverage on our 1st punt but it was better on the 2nd. 13 corralled a bad snap on our only FG attempt, 30 kicked well on his only FG attempt + all EP, 17 might have scored on a return if he doesn’t stumble and fall down. Overall, I thought the kicking game was the best we’ve had in some time. Yes, still room for improvement. Can they do it consistently?

Reactions: Laner2
I like the fact that we have a run game where our QB won’t have to be our leading rusher too.
I agree which it’s been years where we have had trouble producing enough rushing yards.

Was little concerned early in the game that we were using too many running backs..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT