ADVERTISEMENT

Portal TE from LSU is N!!

Probably wrong but I thought once a scholarship player you couldn't just call yourself a walk-on to transfer and be immediately eligible. Hope he's eligible but I'm very leery.

Are you sure? That seems crazy. What would stop anyone who loses a position battle from transferring to the rival right before the season?

Didnt read all the replies but the immediate answer I think..is scholly versus no scholly? Whole thang is beyond my comprehension. I'm just thrilled he's here.

Details sound a little sketchy but everything about the portal and NIL are a little sketchy😝 Apparently his former high school coach was at LSU but canned this year so perhaps that’s the answer.

Are you sure? That seems crazy. What would stop anyone who loses a position battle from transferring to the rival right before the season?
It’s always been crazy. Either we’re letting people do what they want or we’re not. Seems the only real pre-requisite is that you’re academically eligible

It’s always been crazy. Either we’re letting people do what they want or we’re not. Seems the only real pre-requisite is that you’re academically eligible
Veronica Lodge Wink GIF by Camila Mendes

Thanks. I thought I heard it was closed now and then saw a post that he had entered the portal and was signing with Nebraska that made it sound like those two things happened about the same time.
His 247 profile says he entered the portal on August 6th

Reactions: Antwill
His eligibility for this year appears to be in doubt now.

"Per sources, Markway has joined the program as a walk-on, allowing him to practice but his ability to appear in games remains in doubt. When the transfer portal window opens in December, Nebraska would have the ability to put the sophomore on scholarship if they chose to and he will be fully eligible at that point."

Nebraska adds former LSU TE Mac Markway

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT