ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Who should and who will be the B1G rep in the Playoff?

Who should make the playoff? Who do you think will make the playoff?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oklahoma sucked....got demolished by Houston and lost to a pathetic Texas squad, but have great name recognition.

Uhhhh. Not sure what that has to do with my post.

But if you are going to post to dispute my opinion please be factually accurate.

Oklahoma beat Texas. They lost to Ohio St and Houston.

Next

Uhhhh. Not sure what that has to do with my post.

But if you are going to post to dispute my opinion please be factually accurate.

Oklahoma beat Texas. They lost to Ohio St and Houston.

Next

Yep, my bad...thinking about ND. Still stand by Oklahoma being garbage though.

Yep, my bad...thinking about ND. Still stand by Oklahoma being garbage though.

That isn't the point. OU is a top 10 team that OSU beat on the road. The people who make the determination consider that a top victory. IF OSU doesn't have that road win against OKlahoma, they aren't in the top 4.

At no point was I declaring Oklahoma an awesome team. Our opinion of whether or not OU is garbage matters not at all.

My post was clearly to counter the poster's opinion that strength of schedule is BS and that if Penn St replaced a loss to Pitt with a victory over Toledo that they would be in the top 4. While true, the opposite also is true.

Well I do believe Penn State proved they were better than Ohio State on the field. This is football, not an Olympic event like diving.

Well, I'll put down money that says that most people think that Ohio State is the better team. They get picked and Penn State doesn't. You don't get in with two losses. Buh-bye.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Why would it destroy the committee process?

One team that feels they were deserving was left out. That will happen every year regardless of how the finalists are selected.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
And if Ohio St schedule Toledo instead of Oklahoma they are out. It works both ways.

Good point. I guess personally I would rather roll the dice being a 1 loss conference champion without a quality nonconference win than a 1 loss team who didn't qualify for their conf championship game but had a quality nonconference win.

I'm just basing my opinion on the way it's currently set up. There's only four spots. There's nothing guaranteeing a conference winner a spot. And why would you? Hypothetically, a 7-5 team could win their conference. Think Wisconsin 2012. There's five power conferences and then there's those that are mid-majors and independents. Somebody has to be left out. It can't be automatic.

My long standing position was that I was against a playoff. I felt that the bowl system put such importance on the regular season that a playoff system would diminish what was great about college football. I realize that others felt differently. Things changed and we got a BCS championship that pitted #1 & #2. That wasn't perfect, as the Big Ten and Pac Ten opted not to participate. A second version of the BCS added the Big Ten and Pac 12. The bowl games started to lose their relevancy. Finally, a four-game playoff was created to replace the BCS CG. Now, that the traditions have been ruined I feel it's time to expand the playoffs to 8 teams. If we're going to do it we may as well do it right. I think that 16 is way too many teams. Eight is a lot, too. However, with 8 you could automatically guarantee a playoff spot to the P5 conference winners and teams like Penn State would not be left out. I personally don't care about the bowls any more. There is no meaningful matchups outside the playoff games, IMO. I think that games outside the championship game should be played at the home of the higher ranked team.

I wonder how Urban will feel about Ohio State being there. Wasn't he saying you shouldn't be playing for a national championship if u don't win your conference back when he was at Florida?

I think it's a joke that Clemson is in there. Did they even play a half-decent team all year? I remember watching at least 2 games that they should have lost on top of the one they did. Would have put Penn State in there instead of Clemson due to being champions in the toughest conference in the country.

4 best wins are ville, fsu, at auburn, and vt last night. all were one possession games.

Why would it destroy the committee process?

One team that feels they were deserving was left out. That will happen every year regardless of how the finalists are selected.

It's already caused a bigger ruckus than the BCS in less time. Full on human element polls, worthless conference championship games. If it weren't for human selectors and used a system similar to the BCS there probably wouldn't be much of a stir but perception is ruling college football here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT