ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Who is starting QB

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
I unfortunately wasn't able to make it to the game. I am very interested in who the starting QB will be. Who do you think will be starting come fall. Unless Armstrong can vastly improve his throwing I don't see how he will start. Yes he has experience put the inaccuracy in passing will not do in the style of offense. From what I have followed and heard looks like it will probably be Darlington, Armstrong 2nd and Bush 3rd. Really surprised at how Stanton has not developed. He was highly regarded coming out of high school. Thought for sure he would be starting at Neb as some point.

We have an entire fall camp to go through before we will know this info. Will have to wait to find out.

Whomever the coaches think can lead the team. They have lots of film to look at and several practices before the first game.

No doubt in my mind that it will be TA. For it to be anyone else TA will have to get injured, or get absolutely outshined by one of the younger guys consistently during fall camp. Not saying that by game 4 or 5 it couldn't be someone else, but just don't see anyone but TA for game 1.

I'm not voting on this one quite yet. I'll be surprised if we don't see some transfers.

Against BYU? Armstrong. Not sure he'll be the starting QB all season, but nobody else looked enough better to overcome Armstrong's enormous experience edge just yet.

Armstrong has easily the most experience, and he's not far from being pretty good (doesn't mean he'll get there). Darlington is the most natural passer and he can run fairly well too. Bush has the most overall potential, he's the guy on the roster that could challenge for all-conference. Still raw, but if he continues to improve....

Armstrong will be the game one starter. However, I do think it will be a short leash.

Armstrong will be the game one starter. However, I do think it will be a short leash.

Darlington can barely get the ball out to the receivers on Wr screens. Takes the ball forever to get there. If he starts against BYU we're screwed.

Our best case scenario is that TA, improves with the new coaching Staff.

We don't have Ohio St talent at every position. The other players on the team have to do their jobs as well for our Qb to be successful.

The offensive line, still can't snap the ball. Was terribly inconsistent. WRs not knowing what route to run, so basically one receiver that new his job, and he was hurt a lot, not to mention all the drops. Along with TAs decision making was a recipe for disaster at times..

Go back and watch the season. If TA doesn't make a play with his legs at time. We would never have been able to get a pass off. Hes not the reason we loss to Minnesota, hell he almost won the game. Beating Iowa on the road was huge, the game winning throw was money.

Enough of this garbage opinions that TA has done nothing on this level that says he shouldn't be the starter. He had several games over or at 60% passing last year. See no reason with better coaching, he can't achieve that goal of 60% completion.

We cheer for a school that couldn't snap the ball. Anybody but TA starts against BYU, and this season is tanked.

News flash......there is a high probability that Tommy will be the starter not just this year, but for the next two years. Two years experience as a starter, command of the huddle, etc.

Originally posted by jeans15:
Darlington can barely get the ball out to the receivers on Wr screens. Takes the ball forever to get there. If he starts against BYU we're screwed.

We don't have Ohio St talent at every position. The other players on the team have to do their jobs as well for our Qb to be successful.

The offensive line, still can't snap the ball. Was terribly inconsistent. WRs not knowing what route to run, so basically one receiver that new his job, and he was hurt a lot, not to mention all the drops. Along with TAs decision making was a recipe for disaster at times..

Go back and watch the season. If TA doesn't make a play with his legs at time. We would never have been able to get a pass off. Hes not the reason we loss to Minnesota, hell he almost won the game. Beating Iowa on the road was huge, the game winning throw was money.

Enough of this garbage opinions that TA has done nothing on this level that says he shouldn't be the starter. He had several games over or at 60% passing last year. See no reason with better coaching, he can't achieve that goal of 60% completion.

We cheer for a school that couldn't snap the ball. Anybody but TA starts against BYU, and this season is tanked.
You mean other than his decision-making and accuracy issues, there shouldn't be any concerns with him being the starter? I'm guessing the large majority of people think TA is going to be starting against BYU. The real question is, will he be starting mid-season. I sure as hell hope so, because it is his job to lose, and he'll only lose it if he plays poorly in the games.

Originally posted by Lincoln100:

Originally posted by jeans15:

You mean other than his decision-making and accuracy issues, there shouldn't be any concerns with him being the starter? I'm guessing the large majority of people think TA is going to be starting against BYU. The real question is, will he be starting mid-season. I sure as hell hope so, because it is his job to lose, and he'll only lose it if he plays poorly in the games.
I can agree with that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT