ADVERTISEMENT

Please no

i watched them torch NDSU's secondary almost at will, and i remembered how they did similar things to us last year. this is far from a guaranteed win.

unless you've sunk your head in the sand, it's really not hard to see the implications. Colorado is the media darling and fan villain meaning:

1) the whole country will be watching
2) we would finally begin to exercise the demon of getting beat-up by rivals
3) Raiola proves he belongs in the same media hype conversation as Shadeur Sanders

do you truly believe that the season's trajectory will be the same whether we lose close or win close?
And for the last 10+ years we have shit the bed when all eyeballs are on the game. I know Gameday isn't there, but any time it is a big game we have been blown out. Similar to last week, I need to see it. I am feeling confident because I think we line up and try to punish them in the run game, but still need to show we can get it done.
YEAH BABY!!! THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN BOUT!!!
R.5f9bee6e36e9a25fa5fa9623ba3b3fae

Can't find 94, but here is 92

And for the last 10+ years we have shit the bed when all eyeballs are on the game. I know Gameday isn't there, but any time it is a big game we have been blown out. Similar to last week, I need to see it. I am feeling confident because I think we line up and try to punish them in the run game, but still need to show we can get it done.

If we beat them that bad I doubt the younger fans will storm the field, they’ll be too bored by the 4th quarter to stick around.

Storming in the 2nd game against an unranked opponent doesn't make sense to me, but I hope of they do it they do it right. Don't just jump up and down. Hang from the goal posts. Sit on the goal posts. Show some college titties. Try to take down the goalposts.
Sneak in a butane torch if necessary.

Reactions: Huskers123456
If we beat them that bad I doubt the younger fans will storm the field, they’ll be too bored by the 4th quarter to stick around.
This is true and does piss me off a little bit. I know the team has been dogshit for a long time, but seems like as time goes on the student section continues to dwindle. Hopefully a better product brings them back to having pride in the school.

This is true and does piss me off a little bit. I know the team has been dogshit for a long time, but seems like as time goes on the student section continues to dwindle. Hopefully a better product brings them back to having pride in the school.
The younger generation doesn’t have pride in anything. Too much into Tik Tok and self-promotion than anything else

Sorry. At this point we are CSU. If we were the Blue Blood team that we used to be I would say that it would be silly to even think of storming the field. But we have sucked so bad under coach Frost for so long. Even the young people do not remember Nebraska being good. If emotions run so high that this is a big deal to whoever's at the game then I say STORM THE FIELD! Maybe if we got back to winning football again this would become something that we would loathe. Like an exorcism. Let's just get it out of our system. If Colorado send us into the tailspin then maybe Colorado can bring us out. GBR
it may be the only way

If it is students and they are doing it to have fun and party...I get it. Let them have fun!

On the DB rant...dude needs to be paired with a pro. Ravi can't pull him in and shut him up and it becomes 15 minutes of DB talking about DB while trying to sound like he is not talking about DB.

Reactions: Huskers123456
storming the field might just be the right thing to do for the younger generation to take ownership of the current football program. yesterdays glory is long past being interesting to them. enjoy the game. in the deed, the glory

It doesn’t make scenes to storm the field against a program not counting covid that has 6 losing seasons the last 7 years.

I know in 2019 their fans storm the field, I was present, but they hadn’t won in BOULDER since Callahan final game a a Husker head coach..

Do whatever you want to do, but if a bunch of college kids that were barely off the boob the last time we had a winning season want to storm the field - so be it. My son is at school in Minnesota, but I'm sure he'd be right there with the rest of them if he had the opportunity. He does NOT remember a good Nebraska team, and yet he's a fan that really, really wants something to celebrate. If we win it will be a huge win for our program regardless of how much some of you want to minimize it. A bunch of salty old bass turds shaking their heads and saying "shame on you" is is precisely what this program doesn't need.

Exactly. Beating a crappy CU team with a lowlife coach doesn't justify NU storming the field. Just turn your back on them and scratch dirt over their carcasses. Celebrate at the bars if you want but don't do anything to elevate their status on that field. They suck.
The people who would storm the field are the college age kids. They've never seen anything remotely successful at a home game.

In fact none of us have since probably 2015 when we beat #7 (playoff bound) Michigan State.

If we didnt storm for CU in 2008 after the Henry kick and Suh faceplant, or the OSU comeback in 2011 or the Michigan State Brandon Reilly TD in 2015 or the NW hail mary, we aint storming for this team. We can play "let me clear my throat" and dance around, and be crazy, but no one will storm the field. Those dudes on the ticket have really lost me over the last few years. Its so painful to listen to. 1 minute of listening to them call each other nicknames and laugh at inside jokes or one of the former players or coaches talk about how they did it in the 90s, and then 4 minutes of the same 6 commercials. On repeat, all day. Grating.
Typically I would agree BUT in 2008, 2011 and 2015 we hadn't been bowless for 7 years straight.

Reactions: nostromo78
I sometimes listen to the ticket in the morning, and this morning those yahoos all seemed to think it would be s good thing to storm the field if we beat CO.

how can anyone think beating an average CO team, 4-8 last year, and storming the field, wouldn’t be anything but completely embarrassing? Fss.

I came here to post the same thing. Callahan and company wanting students to rush field for beating a nobody like CU is laughable. I know we are not the 90s Huskers but man when we start doing that for teams like CU is a sure sign that you have become a mentally inferior team. I cringe that grown assed men actually have the audacity to encourage this.

Smdh at the Nebraska media .

Holla

He's assuming NDSU is the same team they were 3 years ago. They are not. New staff. New players. SDSU is the new bully in the Dakotas. NDSU's recruiting rankings have been in the hundreds. How do those 2 star DBs stack up against 2 of the best WRs in the country? Not great. A former 4th string walk on DB for us started as a 7th year senior for SDSU on their national champ team last year that kicked the crap out of NDSU.

I came here to post the same thing. Callahan and company wanting students to rush field for beating a nobody like CU is laughable. I know we are not the 90s Huskers but man when we start doing that for teams like CU is a sure sign that you have become a mentally inferior team. I cringe that grown assed men actually have the audacity to encourage this.

Smdh at the Nebraska media .

Holla
I believe storming the field would be more of a response to the sanders circus than to an also ran Colorado team

Reactions: thall_ and mgbreis
Storm the field. Would be a monumental win for the program given the context of it all. Its not that deep and will add to the highlight tape on ESPN later that night then everybody will forget about it 24 hours later.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I believe storming the field would be more of a response to the sanders circus than to an also ran Colorado team
Fighting a circus with a circus

Classic

I don’t believe they stormed the field against us last year. Could be wrong

Also we are more than a touchdown favorite this weekend. More than 2 to 1 to win outright.

Storming the field would be an embarrassment. Everyone expects us to win and win handily.

I know I wouldn't storm the field. But does anyone here think that they might? I just think there's a lot of angst in our fan base. For years it was we couldn't win the big one. Couldn't beat Oklahoma. When we finally did it the goal posts came down. We're to the point where we're not sure we're going to have a winning season, let alone competing for a championship. Is our angst level high enough that we've still in a field if we win this game? Forget if you think we should or shouldn't. If we win, do we storm the field?

I think context would be important in this situation.

A 2+ possession win.. not a good look IMO.

A walk off anything (FG, offensive/defensive TD)… then go for it, although I still wouldn’t want us to.

GBR

I know I wouldn't storm the field. But does anyone here think that they might? I just think there's a lot of angst in our fan base. For years it was we couldn't win the big one. Couldn't beat Oklahoma. When we finally did it the goal posts came down. We're to the point where we're not sure we're going to have a winning season, let alone competing for a championship. Is our angst level high enough that we've still in a field if we win this game? Forget if you think we should or shouldn't. If we win, do we storm the field?
No.

We are a 7.5-point favorite and it’s week 2.

The fact this discussion is even being had is embarrassing.

Last edited:
Thats how I feel about people who think its a bad idea...assuming the game and ending deservie it. Nonody is suggesting a 31-21 win warrants this...but an exciting finish to an exciting game? Different story. I'm embarrassed tbat you're embarrassed about it :)
It’s week 2

We are a prohibitive favorite

A walk off win will raise more questions than anything else

Would be an unprecedentedly tone deaf field storming

Thats how I feel about people who think its a bad idea...assuming the game and ending deservie it. Nonody is suggesting a 31-21 win warrants this...but an exciting finish to an exciting game? Different story. I'm embarrassed tbat you're embarrassed about it :)
hell, if they blow out Colorado 49-13, do what ever may come.

I'm not embarrassed by it at all. We're not that program we used to be. It would be cool if Rhule got us back to that place. If we get excited on the climb back up, so be it.
Storming the field after not even covering the spread?

I don’t know if that’s happened in the history of college football.

Can only imagine the laughing stock that would be made of any other program if they did it (no program ever would)

Storming the field after not even covering the spread?

I don’t know if that’s happened in the history of college football.

Can only imagine the laughing stock that would be made of any other program if they did it (no program ever would)
We've been the laughing stock for 7 years so there you go. I don't really care what other people think anymore. I've checked out so many times and become apathetic because it's another way to protect myself from the harm it does to my psyche. We're not a winning program. We're not a competing program. Right now we have one game from a five-star quarterback. We got a coach who has proven he can build programs. Exactly what we need. And we're in only year two game two. I don't see long-term success for Coach Sanders. But if people want to get excited enough over a victory at this low point in our history then I will be joyful in celebrating other people getting excited. I'll be just happy with the victory. After all, we're in total rebuild mode. There's no way we're going to get to where we want to be in one season or two.

Reactions: RedMyMind
We've been the laughing stock for 7 years so there you go. I don't really care what other people think anymore. I've checked out so many times and become apathetic because it's another way to protect myself from the harm it does to my psyche. We're not a winning program. We're not a competing program. Right now we have one game from a five-star quarterback. We got a coach who has proven he can build programs. Exactly what we need. And we're in only year two game two. I don't see long-term success for Coach Sanders. But if people want to get excited enough over a victory at this low point in our history then I will be joyful in celebrating other people getting excited. I'll be just happy with the victory. After all, we're in total rebuild mode. There's no way we're going to get to where we want to be in one season or two.
This would be Rhule’s best win here

This would be nowhere close to a field storming win. We are huge favorites.

Nobody is saying don’t be happy (duh).

The end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT