ADVERTISEMENT

Please no

Spot on. As to the show, there is a grand total of about 5 minutes of sports discussion, most of which you have to really listen for thru the constant giggling and yelling. I try 590 on occasion for DB, but it has Ravi lula (so?) on it, which is painful as hell, and 1620 is fairly stale. Any other local options?
Agreed. I don't mind Connor Happer, but agree on Lula. Guy is not good and tries too hard. The afternoon crew at 1620 are awful as well. I feel like they need a little bit of new blood. Actually liked Sharp and Benning back in the day and I think Handley is decent as well, but I agree Sharp and Handley is a little stale.

Reactions: Lincoln100
Sorry. At this point we are CSU. If we were the Blue Blood team that we used to be I would say that it would be silly to even think of storming the field. But we have sucked so bad under coach Frost for so long. Even the young people do not remember Nebraska being good. If emotions run so high that this is a big deal to whoever's at the game then I say STORM THE FIELD! Maybe if we got back to winning football again this would become something that we would loathe. Like an exorcism. Let's just get it out of our system. If Colorado send us into the tailspin then maybe Colorado can bring us out. GBR

Agreed. I don't mind Connor Happer, but agree on Lula. Guy is not good and tries too hard. The afternoon crew at 1620 are awful as well. I feel like they need a little bit of new blood. Actually liked Sharp and Benning back in the day and I think Handley is decent as well, but I agree Sharp and Handley is a little stale.
Sharp and DB were good. I like Severe too, not sure where ended up.

Has nothing to do with “being nice” or excitement.
see that's sweet and all, but you just got done saying this:
Yeah, we have sucked, especially by our standards and expectations, so we should act like the win is a huge deal because we didn’t suck on that specific night?
it's all part of this old guard ethos that Nebraska can only behave in the way they did in the 70's-90's.

you need to let go of this idea you have that Nebraska is the gentle giant of benevolence and class because that is a very dangerous combination of ignorant and soft.

this is a new era, one where Dylan Raiola hasn't seen Nebraska play in a bowl game since he was in 4th grade, and Colorado deserves to have their face shoved in shit when they lose.

let people have fun, nobody is gonna storm the living room couch you'll be watching from.

I sometimes listen to the ticket in the morning, and this morning those yahoos all seemed to think it would be s good thing to storm the field if we beat CO.

how can anyone think beating an average CO team, 4-8 last year, and storming the field, wouldn’t be anything but completely embarrassing? Fss.

Puffs and coach crime aren’t even remotely worth storming the field. Please be better fellow Husker fans…

see that's sweet and all, but you just got done saying this:

it's all part of this old guard ethos that Nebraska can only behave in the way they did in the 70's-90's.

you need to let go of this idea you have that Nebraska is the gentle giant of benevolence and class because that is a very dangerous combination of ignorant and soft.

this is a new era, one where Dylan Raiola hasn't seen Nebraska play in a bowl game since he was in 4th grade, and Colorado deserves to have their face shoved in shit when they lose.

let people have fun, nobody is gonna storm the living room couch you'll be watching from.
Where did I say “be nice” or don’t be excited? If someone wants to front the money, I will mass produce giant middle-finger foam fingers that read “F you C U” and hand them out before the game. I’m not sure why you and lite can’t seem to understand; good luck to the two of you on your journey.

I'm all for it if the ending justifies it. Bring it!!! Imagine a come back or some sort of stop on 4th down to seal the win or a late INT by us in the endzone clinging to a 1 point win or late TD pass by DR to...whoever.

Yes, storm the gawd damn field and let it all out baby!!!!
Just don't tear down the goal posts. That is dumb.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Where did I say “be nice” or don’t be excited? If someone wants to front the money, I will mass produce giant middle-finger foam fingers that read “F you C U” and hand them out before the game. I’m not sure why you and lite can’t seem to understand; good luck to the two of you on your journey.
where did I in the post you just quoted?

good luck yelling at kids to sit down at the next game you attend.

Reactions: BleedRed78

There are a lot more than I and one other person who are OK with the field storm if the game and ending justify it....but I hope you make it back to your car in time to beat the traffic!!! Good luck!!

OK....riddle me this Batman

Given the choice between two outcomes, first being the same ole outcome for the laat 25 years and a loss..

...second being a thrilling game and wild ending with a win for the good guys... field storm, who ya got???

Please tell me you're going to choose door #2
Still no field storm. Tom finally beating OU. National title. Yes. Beating a crappy CU team. No freaking way. If we squeak out a win we suck still. That shouldn’t be anything to go crazy over

I sometimes listen to the ticket in the morning, and this morning those yahoos all seemed to think it would be s good thing to storm the field if we beat CO.

how can anyone think beating an average CO team, 4-8 last year, and storming the field, wouldn’t be anything but completely embarrassing? Fss.
I heard it to and hate the idea.

But when we need Raiola this bad, please don’t title threads “please no”

There are a lot more than I and one other person who are OK with the field storm if the game and ending justify it....but I hope you make it back to your car in time to beat the traffic!!! Good luck!!
I Hate Mondays Running GIF by Barstool Sports

Still no field storm. Tom finally beating OU. National title. Yes. Beating a crappy CU team. No freaking way. If we squeak out a win we suck still. That shouldn’t be anything to go crazy over
Osborne was 54-14 going into his first win against OU. We are 25-44 over that same stretch.

If you count Colorado, Oklahoma, Iowa, and Wisconsin as our rivals, we are 1-14 over that same stretch.

so yes, beating a rival who pushed our shit in last year is a huge win given the context of the program.

Osborne was 54-14 going into his first win against OU. We are 25-44 over that same stretch.

If you count Colorado, Oklahoma, Iowa, and Wisconsin as our rivals, we are 1-14 over that same stretch.

so yes, beating a rival who pushed our shit in last year is a huge win given the context of the program.
Colorado has sucked for years too. You don’t storm the field after beating a 4 win team. Act like you’ve been there.

Colorado has sucked for years too. You don’t storm the field after beating a 4 win team. Act like you’ve been there.
they're a 1 win team, just like us.

Nebraska has been nowhere for the better part of 30 years.

in fact, Colorado has a more recent win against a ranked team and conference championship appearance.

act like you've joined us in 2024.

there has never been a court storming at Allen Fieldhouse

I view Memorial Stadium and our football program similarly, even in down years

We've done it several times throughout our history. Saturday wouldn't be the first...we lost our virginity on this issue a long time ago.

We've done it several times throughout our history. Saturday wouldn't be the first...we lost our virginity on this issue a long time ago.
I know.

doesn't change my stance.

field storming is reserved for programs whose championships come during the regular season.

they're a 1 win team, just like us.

Nebraska has been nowhere for the better part of 30 years.

in fact, Colorado has a more recent win against a ranked team and conference championship appearance.

act like you've joined us in 2024.
Did you watch them last week? They suck. IF it's close or we lose to them we suck too. Beating them is just a win over a crappy team who has taken advantage of some crappy NU teams.

Storming in the 2nd game against an unranked opponent doesn't make sense to me, but I hope of they do it they do it right. Don't just jump up and down. Hang from the goal posts. Sit on the goal posts. Show some college titties. Try to take down the goalposts.

• Haha
Reactions: thall_
Did you watch them last week? They suck. IF it's close or we lose to them we suck too. Beating them is just a win over a crappy team who has taken advantage of some crappy NU teams.
i watched them torch NDSU's secondary almost at will, and i remembered how they did similar things to us last year. this is far from a guaranteed win.

unless you've sunk your head in the sand, it's really not hard to see the implications. Colorado is the media darling and fan villain meaning:

1) the whole country will be watching
2) we would finally begin to exercise the demon of getting beat-up by rivals
3) Raiola proves he belongs in the same media hype conversation as Shadeur Sanders

do you truly believe that the season's trajectory will be the same whether we lose close or win close?

i watched them torch NDSU's secondary almost at will, and i remembered how they did similar things to us last year. this is far from a guaranteed win.

unless you've sunk your head in the sand, it's really not hard to see the implications. Colorado is the media darling and fan villain meaning:

1) the whole country will be watching
2) we would finally begin to exercise the demon of getting beat-up by rivals
3) Raiola proves he belongs in the same media hype conversation as Shadeur Sanders

do you truly believe that the season's trajectory will be the same whether we lose close or win close?
And for the last 10+ years we have shit the bed when all eyeballs are on the game. I know Gameday isn't there, but any time it is a big game we have been blown out. Similar to last week, I need to see it. I am feeling confident because I think we line up and try to punish them in the run game, but still need to show we can get it done.

Reactions: thall_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT