ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff System Has Failed!! No Justification for Alabama over UCF

Bingo. Who did UCF even beat??? Spare me Auburn. It’s a bowl that nobody cared about but UCF. Bama would spank them by 40 plus.
How do you know bama would spank them, you have a crystal ball? No body nationally gave Nebraska a chance in hell to beat Florida state in the 94 orange bowl if my memory is correct fsu was a double digit favorite. What happened yes fsu one the game on the score board but was out played in every aspect the officials one the game for fsu. Even 96 fiesta bowl the gators fun and gun were just going to destroy Nebraska and their old fashioned option offense. Why are a lot of people bagging on ucf look at March madness even the little school get a chance if the win there conference football should be the same. Maybe just maybe the $ec wouldn't have such a monopoly

How do you know bama would spank them, you have a crystal ball? No body nationally gave Nebraska a chance in hell to beat Florida state in the 94 orange bowl if my memory is correct fsu was a double digit favorite. What happened yes fsu one the game on the score board but was out played in every aspect the officials one the game for fsu. Even 96 fiesta bowl the gators fun and gun were just going to destroy Nebraska and their old fashioned option offense. Why are a lot of people bagging on ucf look at March madness even the little school get a chance if the win there conference football should be the same. Maybe just maybe the $ec wouldn't have such a monopoly
Good call on the basketball analogy.

Tell me again when the last time a non P5 won the national championship in basketball... I’m sure it’s happened, just don’t remember. There have been close calls like Butler, and Houston back in the day...

In fairness, it’s easier to win when you start 5 players, and to get a limited number of talented players in than 22 starters...

Reactions: saluno22
Tell me again when the last time a non P5 won the national championship in basketball... I’m sure it’s happened, just don’t remember.
Looks like you have to go back to 1990 UNLV (Big West) to find the last mid major to win the NCAA basketball tournament.

Before that, there was Louisville in 1986 (Metro Conference) and Villanova in 1985 (if you count the Big East as mid-major, which probably shouldn't be considered such in basketball).

Marquette was an independent for their 1977 championship, as was Texas Western (UTEP) in 1966 and Loyola-Chicago in 1963.

Cincinnati was in the Missouri Valley Conference for their 1961 and 1962 titles.

Looks like you have to go back to 1990 UNLV (Big West) to find the last mid major to win the NCAA basketball tournament.

Before that, there was Louisville in 1986 (Metro Conference) and Villanova in 1985 (if you count the Big East as mid-major, which probably shouldn't be considered such in basketball).

Marquette was an independent for their 1977 championship, as was Texas Western (UTEP) in 1966 and Loyola-Chicago in 1963.

Cincinnati was in the Missouri Valley Conference for their 1961 and 1962 titles.
Villanova won last year and UConn won from the American a few years back. There really is less of a distinction between power conferences in basketball since everyone gets a fair shot in the tournament. Every school can win the tournament unlike football where only around 60 teams are eligible and 20 have a realistic shot.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Bingo. Who did UCF even beat??? Spare me Auburn. It’s a bowl that nobody cared about but UCF. Bama would spank them by 40 plus.

Bama spank them by 40? Wow. You people really have been eating too much corn out there.

UCF is 1-0 all time against Bama. FYI.

The same Bama that got destroyed by Auburn.

Bama spank them by 40? Wow. You people really have been eating too much corn out there.

Destroyed 26-14? Ok...

Guys like you make me sad I was pulling for UCF against Auburn. Happy for the players, but a loss would have, in theory, given you nothing to talk about.

Awesome.

A dipshit from UCF arguing with a dipshit from Iowa on a Nebraska board about a game played between an AAC team and an SEC team that was most likely played before either of them were born.

Actually they beat Memphis 2x.

They also beat #25 Navy (at the time they played). Navy had a NATION HIGH 17 game home winning streak that UCF evaporated. Navy destroyed a 6-6 ACC team in a bowl game 42-7. Notre Dame beat Navy by 10 at Notre Dame. UCF beat Navy by 10 at Navy.

UCF also beat #19 USF (at the time they played).

They also beat #7 Auburn (dominated in the trenches- 6 sacks to 1 sack. Held SEC best rushing team to 44 carries on 90 yards (UCF QB rushed 13 times for 106 yards).

UCF beat 7 bowl eligible teams out of 13 games.

UCF had the best scoring offense in the country at 49 ppg.

The SEC's best defense Auburn gave up a season high 34 points to UCF and UCF's QB played the worst game of his season.

ESPN FPI gives Alabama only a 50% chance of going undefeated with UCF's schedule and gives Georgia only a 36% chance of going undefeated with UCF's schedule.

UCF is the only team in the country to have beaten Alabama, Georgia, AND Auburn the past 3 times they played them.

UCF deserves the PR they are getting.
They definitely deserve the PR
Not the playoff

Last edited:
For UCF to be left out when they are undefeated is to me ridiculous.

1. UCF is an FBS team. Same division as Georgia, Clemson, Alabama, and Oklahoma.

2. From what I understand, Alabama didn't even win their dang division...not the conference....their division!!!

3. If you have all 3 computers saying UCF should be #3 then that has to account for something. Numbers don't tell the whole story in any endeavor, but they do speak truths.

If we have 120 teams in the same division then they all deserve the same shot based on win/loss record. That is in fact fair. If opportunity was never in it for UCF being in the same div. and they beat everyone put in front of them and was denied an opportunity to play for the highest award in the division then that is unfair.

The only way to solve this is to create a separate division for P5 conference schools so that there is a clear understanding of how to be recognized for your achievements on the field.

You play to win the game. UCF won them all in the FBS Div.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Another ignorant argument who has no clue about anything.

UCF had Texas on this year's schedule and Texas bought them out because they were scared to play.

UCF schedules as tough as they can every year. P5 schools are scared to play us.

We played Michigan last year. In 2013, we beat TWO top 10 teams- Louisville and Baylor and lost to a 3rd (#4 South Carolina 25-28).

We beat Maryland 38-10 on the road (that's a good beating for a G5 school).

Schedules are made 4-8 years in advance. We have UNC, Pittsburgh and FAU on the schedule next year and Stanford in 2019.

Pitt beat Miami this year.

FAU is better than Nebraska this year and next year. They have won 10 in a row for Kiffin and will be ranked next year.
Ok, then when you go undefeated beating two top ten teams, you deserve the playoffs

When you go undefeated beating Memphis twice and USF, you don't.

Everything else is pointless.

Nebraska is irrelevant in this discussion. They suck right now.

Not to mention ALL BCS computers combined have UCF ranked #3 BEFORE the bowls started.

Yet the rigged system had them at #12? hahahaha right.

3 weeks ago, they put a 3 loss Mississippi State team JUMP ahead of us who then lost a 4th game.

3 loss teams should NEVER be jumping 11-0 football teams. Embarrassing.
Computers. Ok, great.

Same point. UCF does not deserve to be in the playoff because they did not beat anybody of significance. USF is not significant this year. They lost to UH who got blown out by 10 loss Tulsa.

This playoff is for the National Championship. If you don't play anybody, you don't deserve to get in.

I know you think Memphis and USF are great. But nobody else does.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Computers. Ok, great.

Same point. UCF does not deserve to be in the playoff because they did not beat anybody of significance. USF is not significant this year. They lost to UH who got blown out by 10 loss Tulsa.

This playoff is for the National Championship. If you don't play anybody, you don't deserve to get in.

I know you think Memphis and USF are great. But nobody else does.
They beat Auburn.

We do have a plan. To convince people that greedy people like you shouldn't be running things.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bdavid...s-an-expose-of-selfish-interest/#295aa42f4e1a

What if it's not about greed, what if it's about pride?

It's a horrible thing to force two entities together when there isn't a consensual agreement between the two, but pride also makes that happen.

So you can force the P5 schools to continue to play outside their conferences for selfish prideful reasons.

Or you can try to force revenue sharing because of selfish prideful reasons.

You can convince the majority they are powerless to avoid all that, but you're not going to convince the majority it is just....so animosity and positioning will go on.

The major fault is the P5 conferences decided to not unshackle themselves from the NCAA somehow this last conference alignment round, and make it clear they want to play amongst themselves only. They should create a division all to themselves.

This could all end in 2023 or 2026 I believe when the contract for the bowl tie ins are up and done, and restructuring can then occur.

But as the rules stand, I believe UCF should have had a shot in the playoff being undefeated in FBS, especially over a 2 loss team regardless of conference affiliation. To deny UCF a shot was simply unfair to say the least and downright despicable when you add a non subjective computation have it's proper weight in seeding the teams. The BCS was in my opinion more fair than this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT