ADVERTISEMENT

Players committed to NU by position as of today

actually, now that I think about it, saying chubba purdy throws like a middle school girl is a huge insult to middle school girls everywhere

Reactions: jsachisler
He literally cannot pass

Did you forget what you watched last year? Did Whipple slice his UCL in two, reducing his arm strength to that of a middle school girl?

Get Chubba the F outta town yesterday. Smothers too. Neither should take another snap here & that is beyond obvious

No amount of coaching can make up for someone who pisses his pants at the thought of starting & then cannot - literally cannot - throw the ball farther than 30 yards downfield

I’m so sick of these losers - their die has been cast.. Chubba has been in college for 3+ years. He is who he is and that is a player who doesn’t even deserve to call in plays from the sideline

Absolute waste of a scholarship. Adios!
When you have QB backups like Smothers and Purdy that another team has their sights set on (within the rules) taking CT out. Suddenly your odds of facing a non-throwing team increase immensely.

When you have QB backups like Smothers and Purdy that another team has their sights set on (within the rules) taking CT out. Suddenly your odds of facing a non-throwing team increase immensely.
we may as well have forfeited the second worse-arm-than-a-middle-school-girl purdy took the field

same with same-weight-as-a-middle-school-girl smothers

what a stupid post

we should all hope he's the next trever lawrence

instead you are actively rooting for his failure so you're right on a message board

pathetic!
Don’t get your jockies in a bad place. Actually your Lawrence comp isn’t bad…..well except the part about starting for a national championship team as a freshman 😉

Reactions: tjlSker90
We have a huge need. Does USC?
All teams have a need for another good, experienced OLman. And don't forget, Caleb Williams is Riley's ticket to the big time, so if Riley feels he needs THIS guy to protect his QB, the NIL will flow freely.

They have Williams at $ 3 Mil plus, and their WR at $ 1 Mil plus, so they have shown they will dig deep if they think that's what is needed to help them get to the CFP. At some point, he will get around to the defense....

**Edit** Now you can go back to arguing with kong. LOL **

Wasn’t UCLA in the mix too. I don’t remember if it was On3 or who but somebody had him at 90% to N. IMO he would probably be one of the most important gets as a bridge to guys like Sledge.
I agree dingle. With his size and experience, he could be as important of a signing as anyone in this entire cycle now that Sims has committed to the Huskers.

One really good, experienced guy to man the line can help change the whole unit.

If he is a Center, it allows Corcoran to play Guard which is his natural position.

With Nouilli returning from suspension, it gives NU 2 kids that can be really good if they get in great condition and play to their optimal ability.

Since I'm hypothesizing here, Corcoran and Nouilli are both Left Guards.

The middle of the line could be LG Corcoran, C Scott, and RG Nouilli. That would be really solid.

Hopefully, get a healthy Teddy back at LT, fix the mess at RT between Benhart/Hunter, and hopefully a transfer/JUCO to beat them both out. Would have the looks of a really solid Offensive Line.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Hopefully we identify some LBs and Dlinemen. Especially now that Moore is gone. Front 7 and Oline are this staffs biggest priority.

But we don't wanna just be taking bodies at the end of the cycle either.

Hopefully we identify some LBs and Dlinemen. Especially now that Moore is gone. Front 7 and Oline are this staffs biggest priority.

I believe Rhule is taking some athletes who he thinks he can build in to backers. Hausman leaving hurt but we should have all of our regular starting backers back. Need some depth and guys to develop

Current roster, because we don't know who else will leave...DL is in way worse shape than LB

Tuioti recruiting cycles were just horrible overall

List of verbal and commitments at present time. This list will be updated as new commitments are announced.

By Position/ Number at Position/ Name/Date the last player at that position committed.

Offense: (11)

QB 1 (Sims) 12/18/22

OL 3 (Gottula, Sledge, Knutson) 6/6/22

WR 4 (Jackson, Lloyd, Turner, Doss) 12/17/22

ATH 1 (Ives) 12/11/22

K 1 (Alvano) 12/16/22?

LS 1 (Ortiz) 12/11/22

Defense: (9)

DL 1 (Van Poppel) 6/13/22

DE 2 (Wallin, Noonan, Umanmielen) 12/19/22

LB 1 (Rogers) 7/5/22

DB/S 4 (Safeeullah, Bootle, Stewart, Collier) 12/17/22
Updated with the commitment of Prince today.

maly, I was going to do a separate thread on DL and LBs, but I'll just piggyback on your post.

DL currently on the roster: Buckley 290, Nash 330, Herbek 260, Wynn 305, Ty 310, Feist 275, and Van Poppel 270.

Pretty thin on the DL. Without a doubt, NU will need to add, at a minimum 1 NT type, and 1 DT type.

Better yet, it would be good to pick up 3-4 more through either the portal or JUCO kids. As you say, we don't want to add just bodies, NU needs players.

Buckley, Herbek, and Van Poppel may get bigger and develop into really nice players. But, at present time are definitely undersized for the DL in the BIG.

I "think" NU is going to be okay in the LB group.

It looks like Rhule and company are initially concentrating on bringing in "speed types". Hopefully, their focus will shift to the other area of need like the DL, and LB, and add at least a couple OL. So far, minimal NIL money has been spent to bring in these new kids.

**Edited to add Feist to returnees. **

Last edited:
maly, I was going to do a separate thread on DL and LBs, but I'll just piggyback on your post.

DL currently on the roster: Buckley 290, Nash 330, Herbek 260, Wynn 305, Ty 310, Van Poppel 270.

Pretty thin on the DL. Without a doubt, NU will need to add, at a minimum 1 NT type, and 1 DT type.

Better yet, it would be good to pick up 3-4 more through either the portal or JUCO kids. As you say, we don't want to add just bodies, NU needs players.

Buckley, Herbek, and Van Poppel may get bigger and develop into really nice players. But, at present time are definitely undersized for the DL in the BIG.

I "think" NU is going to be okay in the LB group.

It looks like Rhule and company are initially concentrating on bringing in "speed types". Hopefully, their focus will shift to the other area of need like the DL, and LB, and add at least a couple OL. So far, minimal NIL money has been spent to bring in these new kids.

Forgot Feist

Reactions: king_kong_
List of verbal and commitments at present time. This list will be updated as new commitments are announced.

By Position/ Number at Position/ Name/Date the last player at that position committed.

Offense: (12)

QB 1 (Sims) 12/18/22

OL 4 (Gottula, Sledge, Knutson, Maciejczak) 12/19/22

WR 4 (Jackson, Lloyd, Turner, Doss) 12/17/22

ATH 1 (Ives) 12/11/22

K 1 (Alvano) 12/16/22?

LS 1 (Ortiz) 12/11/22

Defense: (9)

DL 1 (Van Poppel) 6/13/22

DE 2 (Wallin, Noonan, Umanmielen) 12/19/22

LB 1 (Rogers) 7/5/22

Updated to include the 2 latest commitments.

Hence the Gopher’s Kaliakmanis—I believe he’s the one that took it to us when Morgan went down. Was at the game and he was impressive. Going ultra conservative just before half didn’t help

Don’t know enough about Kwinten Ives as a running back, but seems like we’re missing a piece here with another running back..

Rhule usually played 2-3 running back’s in games…

Don’t know enough about Kwinten Ives as a running back, but seems like we’re missing a piece here with another running back..

Rhule usually played 2-3 running back’s in games…
3 returning guys who have started games. Jones would be a great get

Offense: (15)

QB 1 (Sims) 12/18/22

OL 6 (Gottula, Sledge, Knutson, Maciejczak, Goldman, Scott)) 12/19/22

WR 5 (Lloyd, Turner, Doss, Coleman, Fleeks) 12/21/22

ATH 1 (Ives) 12/11/22

K 1 (Alvano) 12/16/22?

LS 1 (Ortiz) 12/11/22

Defense: (13)

DL 3 (Van Poppel, Juedy, Jackson) 12/21/22

DE 3 (Wallin, Noonan, Umanmielen) 12/19/22

LB 3 (Rogers, Borders, Fields) 12/21/22

Added Scott to NU's total signees.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Offense: (15)

QB 1 (Sims) 12/18/22

OL 6 (Gottula, Sledge, Knutson, Maciejczak, Goldman, Scott)) 12/19/22

WR 5 (Lloyd, Turner, Doss, Coleman, Fleeks) 12/21/22

ATH 1 (Ives) 12/11/22

K 1 (Alvano) 12/16/22?

LS 1 (Ortiz) 12/11/22

Defense: (13)

DL 3 (Van Poppel, Juedy, Jackson) 12/21/22

DE 3 (Wallin, Noonan, Umanmielen) 12/19/22

LB 3 (Rogers, Borders, Fields) 12/21/22

I wonder how many of them players mickey started the recruiting process with?

I'm kind of surprised with the commits yesterday that Hornsby wasn't one of them. Sims may be better overall but Hornsby had the connection with Rhule.
I’m hoping that we do not get Hornsby. I’m assuming the only reason Hornsby is transferring is because he wants to start at QB somewhere. And I think it would be counter productive to have two transfer QBs coming into spring ball with a new offense getting installed plus six other QBs. We don’t need another McCaffrey situation.

Agree. But no guarantee his surgery will be complete with recovery, NU can't afford to start the season with the current roster of QBs. Even Sims has a history of being injured.
True, but add in how the bad QB play ruined Rhule’s chances at Carolina. Rhule wants a healthy QB who he can win with and is ready to play on Day one.

Some of the guys listed as fullbacks in the NFL line up as TEs at times. Gimme a 240 lb TE who isn’t 6’7” and I’m fine with them using a hybrid guy
There is no good reason that NU doesn’t carry FBs on the roster. They could rely on walk-ons to to that role. Frost scoffed at the idea and we all saw how that turned out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT