ADVERTISEMENT

Pierre, SD QB Lincoln Kienholz

He’s committed to a South Dakota guy who still has family there. I will be extremely surprised if he doesn’t end up at UW. Good High school QB and very athletic. I’ve watched him a couple of times. Not sure his competition tested him much defensively. Big jump from playing QB in South Dakota versus class A in Nebraska.
nebraska high school football is soft.

Is It better than Dallas?
True story. My wife and I were at a medical conference in San Diego. They assigned seats regionally so that people from your area were at your table. The wife of another Doc from Kansas City somehow started talking about her husband going to Winner pheasant hunting. Then she started raving about Dallas. Turns out I guess that in addition to dancers they have an oral history collection of videos from area ranchers and Natives. I’m not sure she knew that they brought in dozens of dancers during hunting season. I think she and her husband stopped there on the way to or from the Blackhills.

Reactions: Winston Smith 84
Been there
I’ve driven through and even had lunch at Broncs cafe one time served by a retired dancer. Fun fact Swede who started the establishment had a daughter who became CEO of Sacred Heart Hospital in Yankton SD that was owned by the Benedictine Sisters.

Reactions: huskerfan66
a name to familiarize yourselves with, if even briefly

and another reason to despise our previous coach

3-star kid who officially visited ohiost last week & is a current UW commit. one service has him rated as the 8th best quarterback in the country and 116th best overall prospect.

family lineage in Nebraska. 500mi radius

go get him, Coach!

He was at Ohio State for the game against Michigan was the rumor I heard.

Reactions: king_kong_
Travel there a lot for work.
Follow up about your handle.....is dinglefritz a regional thing? I ask because I've only heard that from one other person. My HS football coach (in AZ) used that as his go to for us when we screwed up. He has a bunch of family is SD, so your handle made my curious.

Yes it is x10.. Sioux Falls Jefferson would get throttled by Westside/Gretna/Elk South
I think the quality of play is higher in Neb. no doubt, but the physicality in So. Dak. is second to none. For example, with good coaching (which he hasn't received yet), I think Nash Hutmacher could be all-conference. Same with Ty Robinson

Follow up about your handle.....is dinglefritz a regional thing? I ask because I've only heard that from one other person. My HS football coach (in AZ) used that as his go to for us when we screwed up. He has a bunch of family is SD, so your handle made my curious.
No it was a Nebraska thing from 50 years ago. Damn I’m old.

Reactions: pahusker139
Yes it is x10.. Sioux Falls Jefferson would get throttled by Westside/Gretna/Elk South
The top South Dakota large class teams could sometimes compete in Class A but Pierre played a lot of schools from towns of under 15000 residents.

Kind of reminds me of Brooke Berringer. When you watch some of that film of the guys he was playing against it was laughable, but you could tell that Brooke was a stud compared to the kids he was playing against. I got the same vibe.

Reactions: headcard
Plus, she's black...Pierre SD is gonna be a tough sell.
There are more and more black people in South Dakota. It’s become more of a melting pot than it used to be. Lots of job growth that has changed the demographics some. When I go to Yankton I see more and more black and Hispanic families. Some of that is people fleeing the problems in the Twin Cities for better job opportunities and a safer life.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
There are more and more black people in South Dakota. It’s become more of a melting pot than it used to be. Lots of job growth that has changed the demographics some. When I go to Yankton I see more and more black and Hispanic families. Some of that is people fleeing the problems in the Twin Cities for better job opportunities and a safer life.
Hispanics for sure. And last summer when we were in Pierre I kept pointing out the black people we saw...."see baby, you won't be the only one"

Hispanics for sure. And last summer when we were in Pierre I kept pointing out the black people we saw...."see baby, you won't be the only one"
Some of the small colleges are great race integrators and I think South Dakota has one in just about every town over 10k. Ironically I don’t think Pierre does.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
I’m not sure she knew that they brought in dozens of dancers during hunting season. I think she and her husband stopped there on the way to or from the Blackhills.

RollingLaughTrue Story. My wife’s family owns a lot of land about 5-10 minutes west of Dallas, SD. Went up to visit my MIL two weekends ago, Cody’s Bar & Grill was packed.

Maybe on my MIL’s land, she doesn’t get along with her brothers. All together they have about 2500 acres, my wife will inherit 800+ acres when my MIL passes.
Beautiful country. I had 720 acres near Hamill for a few years. Sold it back to the family who had originally owned it. Great Mulie hunting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT