ADVERTISEMENT

Phil Steele’s Top 500 Freshman

806154.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Laner2
Our ability to vastly underperform expectations has flummoxed even Steele.

My regular season prediction is for 6 wins and I feel like I’m buying too much into the hype.

Should probably expect <5 until proven otherwise, but alas
If NU wins <5 games this year I will be shocked, and Rhule will find out first hand how the greatest fans in the country can get more than a little testy. I think the floor is about 6 and the ceiling is about 8-9. They gotta figure out a way to quit beating themselves before they start figuring out how to beat the other team.

My regular season prediction is for 6 wins and I feel like I’m buying too much into the hype.

You’ve been odds man.. odds on winning the National Championship

Nebraska and Kansas + 15000
Colorado +20000
Wisconsin + 25000
Clarkeyes + 25000

Reactions: SomedayHusker

I'm with Kong on this one. We are a <6 win team for far too many years in a row. You can't win on interviews, gimmicks and nicknames. Hell, you can't win because you practiced so well. It's time to be focused on football. Put your game consoles, pipes and prerolls away and let's get it done.

We will know our answer at about 9:45pm September 7th. GBR.

I'm with Kong on this one. We are a <6 win team for far too many years in a row. You can't win on interviews, gimmicks and nicknames. Hell, you can't win because you practiced so well. It's time to be focused on football. Put your game consoles, pipes and prerolls away and let's get it done.

We will know our answer at about 9:45pm September 7th. GBR.
We just don’t have many good players

And we don’t have the in-game ability on the sidelines to make up for it

For all the “defense is elite” folks - 2 teams on our schedule last year ranked below 120th in the nation in passing

We somehow went 0-2 in those games

Hope everyone’s gotten a ton better this offseason, Rhule & staff included

Last edited:

For all the “defense is elite” folks - 2 teams on our schedule last year ranked below 120th in the nation in passing

Clearly our DBs were suspect in multiple games. As has been discussed multiple times and it's a huge question mark this year.

Reactions: king_kong_

At some point, NU has to arrive at the point where we can get and keep the key players healthy.
I know injuries occur in this sport, but last years offense was devastated by injuries on the side of the ball where they could least afford it.

Totaally agree on the coaching. Rhule has to instill some belief in us fans that he CAN make an in-game difference, and last year he showed that he can't. May have been a combination of lots of things but when us fans are all taking about the same coaching moves/decisions, you know we are probably a lot more right than wrong.

Damn it, NU and Foley better figure a damn way to hit those 40 yard FG's like clockwork. How many times did NU piss points away by a shitty kicing game? All that with a team that can't afford to miss any opportunities to put points on the board.

And Tony better figure out a way to get this defense off the field on 3rd down. That's demoraizing for the entire team.

We need a consistent pass rusher

And we need consistent LB play

Hoping wright’s conditioning is much improved. Missed a lot of 2nd half tackles late in the year that could’ve gotten us off the field.
Hope Jimari Butler flips the switch this year. And prince safeulluah or however the hell you spell his name did great last year, if he makes some gains we could be ok on the pass rush side. Interesting storyline for sure.

You’ve been odds man.. odds on winning the National Championship

Nebraska and Kansas + 15000
Colorado +20000
Wisconsin + 25000
Clarkeyes + 25000
I think NU has 6 games that can go either way.

Its a stretch to think NU can beat OSU anywhere. I think CU and definitely Rutgers could make a 7-0 start become 5-2 quite easily. Of course, USC, Wisky, Iowa, maybe UCLA are toss ups. Cause presumably NU needs a lot of points to beat both USC and UCLA, and Wisky and Iowa should be low scoring games.

Unless, and until Dylan shows he can lead this team against good teams and put a lot of points on the board we will just have to wait. No doubt the CU, Rutgers, Wisky and Iowa games will come down to taking care of the ball. Can you imagine going into the seasons years ago when one of our major concerns was just taking care of the ball against teams we figured to just beat?

Personally, I think Dylan is gonna carve a lot of teams up. If the Oline performs like past years it seems obvious to me that Emmitt is the guy cause he doesn't need much of a crack to get through.

Hope Jimari Butler flips the switch this year. And prince safeulluah or however the hell you spell his name did great last year, if he makes some gains we could be ok on the pass rush side. Interesting storyline for sure.
They said Jamari put on 25#'s, let's hope that doesn't affect his speed and quickness. I do think with Cam and Prince, if they can get and stay healthy, could be in the backfield a lot. Now we just need to learn how to get that other team to turn the ball over.

If NU wins <5 games this year I will be shocked, and Rhule will find out first hand how the greatest fans in the country can get more than a little testy. I think the floor is about 6 and the ceiling is about 8-9. They gotta figure out a way to quit beating themselves before they start figuring out how to beat the other team.
Outside of the offensive line the offense us underclassmen and do not have the bad habits. When the online was young the offense imploded with mental mistakes. Now that the line has matured I see a high ceiling where the athletes will shine.

Outside of the offensive line the offense us underclassmen and do not have the bad habits. When the online was young the offense imploded with mental mistakes. Now that the line has matured I see a high ceiling where the athletes will shine.
Go look at our skill position recruiting back to 2019. We have to have athletes for them to shine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT