ADVERTISEMENT

PFF Big Ten Football Rankings

If I was a Nebraska player and I saw this, I just might trash my pipe and sell my game console and start 2 a days now.
I know our Oline is a lot of juniors, but more and more - the NFL evaluates collegiate Oline players their junior year, often getting them to leave early.

Long story short, if our Oline isn’t taking this off season seriously, they might as well be working an internship over June.

Pro Football Focus rank the Big Ten teams for the upcoming season. Somewhat surprised they have Illinois ranked 4th.

1. OSU 2. Mich 3. PSU 4. Illinois 5. Minn 6. Iowa 7. Wis 8. Maryland 9. Purdue 10. MSU 11. Huskers 12. Rutgers 13. IU 14. Northwestern
I think we finish ahead of Iowa and Wisconsin.

Reactions: kruller
So much of this season is hinging on the health of one player. It’s really hard to project anything in this case.
and his play … he is going to have to outperform his historical numbers for us to have a lot of success - clearly Rhule and Satt saw something that suggests to them that he will

Reactions: SomedayHusker
every year it takes Rhule to put a good team together, it will be that much harder to bringing back a younger fan base. Retired people may not care as much. What else are they going to do on Saturdays that you can’t do during the week. But when you work for the weekend, watching a bad football team doesn’t feel like the best thing to do on beautiful fall Saturdays. 0-2 would be extremely bad. 1-1 would be ok, not great but ok. 2-0 and you’ve got some energy back in the program.

It’s a tuff task to ask for Matt but that’s why he gets paid the big bucks. Colorado is going to be his most important game of the year I think just because some wanted Deion here in Lincoln. And if he beats us, it will feel like we hired the wrong guy for some.

We’ve got to bring youth back to the program

every year it takes Rhule to put a good team together, it will be that much harder to bringing back a younger fan base. Retired people may not care as much. What else are they going to do on Saturdays that you can’t do during the week. But when you work for the weekend, watching a bad football team doesn’t feel like the best thing to do on beautiful fall Saturdays. 0-2 would be extremely bad. 1-1 would be ok, not great but ok. 2-0 and you’ve got some energy back in the program.

It’s a tuff task to ask for Matt but that’s why he gets paid the big bucks. Colorado is going to be his most important game of the year I think just because some wanted Deion here in Lincoln. And if he beats us, it will feel like we hired the wrong guy for some.

I don’t think the team rises or falls on the first 2 games of the Matt Rhule era.

If he goes 0-2 but finishes the season on a 6 game winning streak the fans will be there. Even the younger ones. No need to be so pessimistic. He will get this thing turned around and the fans will be there when he does.

College football media are clueless sycophants

There will be zero unbeaten B1G teams this year and hopefully zero B1G playoff teams unless we win the league
With that said...I LOVE OSU -27 at Indiana to start the season of the Tom Allen fairwell tour.

Wisconsin will have growing pains this season with their new Air Raid system. I'm still blown away that they are going to it even though it's supposed to be more run based, or so they say. It was complete deja vu watching their spring game from their play down to what their announcers were saying. I'm predicting they don't even finish .500.

Tom isn't going anywhere unless iu wins 2 or less
They could go 0 for the next 5 years and not change

They don’t care about football. Never have, never will.

One of the worst programs in the country for a century and yet B1G fans insist having them on the schedule instead of a non-con game makes things unfair

Reactions: BoilerN
They could go 0 for the next 5 years and not change

They don’t care about football. Never have, never will.

One of the worst programs in the country for a century and yet B1G fans insist having them on the schedule instead of a non-con game makes things unfair
One of my good friends lives like a mile from campus (Bloomington) and he said on game day he hardly even notices that there is a game going on.

He went to school there and I don't think I ever heard him mention FB once.

I won't bother looking it up but Indiana has to be one of the worst teams (bottom 10) out of P5 schools.

They messed up when they fired Kevin Wilson for being "mean"

One of my good friends lives like a mile from campus (Bloomington) and he said on game day he hardly even notices that there is a game going on.

He went to school there and I don't think I ever heard him mention FB once.

I won't bother looking it up but Indiana has to be one of the worst teams (bottom 10) out of P5 schools.

They messed up when they fired Kevin Wilson for being "mean"
Forget P5, they’re one of the worst D1 programs in the country, right up there with Rutgers and northwestern

I’m sure other P5 leagues have 3 historical asseaters, but can’t think of them

I don’t think the team rises or falls on the first 2 games of the Matt Rhule era.

If he goes 0-2 but finishes the season on a 6 game winning streak the fans will be there. Even the younger ones. No need to be so pessimistic. He will get this thing turned around and the fans will be there when he does.

I think Deion has set himself up to fail much like Scott Frost did when he came to Lincoln. You can only blow smoke so much before it caves in around you.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Forget P5, they’re one of the worst D1 programs in the country, right up there with Rutgers and northwestern

I’m sure other P5 leagues have 3 historical asseaters, but can’t think of them

My god, they are worse than I thought.

Reactions: king_kong_
Reactions: RedJensen
They are a basketball blue blood.

Their football team is better than our basketball team
Not even sure they are a basketball blue blood. Haven't been the best team in the state in what, 10 years? Haven't won anything of significance in 20?

Not even sure they are a basketball blue blood. Haven't been the best team in the state in what, 10 years? Haven't won anything of significance in 20?
I think that for the most part all their winning came under Knight, right? They were not awesome before him or after?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT