ADVERTISEMENT

Payback from the Big XII

9and4

All-American
Dec 4, 2013
Baltimore
Thesis: The Big XII's refusal to expand to 12 teams last year — including a rebuff of UCF, arguably the strongest of the potential candidates — helped bring Scott Frost back to Nebraska.

Discuss.

Another interesting Big12 tidbit: rumors are Texas is throwing some weight around at the idea of playing Mizzery in a bowl game, they want no part of it.

Bow to your overlords, all other big12 schools.

Listen, I know most everyone is excited to get Frost, but let's not lose sight of the fact that he has a lot of work to do. Let's just hope he is as successful as most think he will be.

I would say that across the board now the Big 10 has the best set of coaches of any conference. He will for sure get a chance to prove him self right away next season when he gets a chance to face all of the elites except for Franklin.

Reactions: OO Snipes
I guess my question is: If UCF had Power 5 prestige and money, would Frost have stayed?
Impossible to know but I think if Nebraska was his dream job for a long time he would still have come. Don't think though he would have left UCF for any other school if they were in a P5 conference.

They had their chance, not at Frost but putting together a conference that is looked upon as a true P5 conference. So let me get this right, you have 10 teams, no divisions and you're still going to have a conference title game, huh?

Just a casual observation about Stoops. He might have left OU because he sees this conference ready to implode and wants no part of it.

Everyone knows this, as soon as the BIG and SEC gets ready to expand they are picking apart the Big 12 - end of conference period!

One step close to super conferences.

My take - Frost was coming when it was clear to job was opening.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT