ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Finebaum again….

there's a lot of irony in this thread, calling ole paul a moron. come on, gentlemen. here's a whole thread about him on a random N board. an sec shill, yes. and he's likely the single most recognized commentator in the college football theater. he's hardly thoughtless or of low iq.

The only that makes him recognizable is his uniquely recognizable looks. It's sure not his analysis. I don't watch him but then again I rarely watch ESPN.

He won't be around much longer

Most expect the SEC and Big Ten to get 3-4 teams in playoff each year. And the Big Ten is most like the NFl….it covers the whole country coast to coast now.
Two reasons that the playoffs expanded to 12 teams instead of eight. Reason one is exactly that- the SEC and Big Ten expect to get four teams in or a minimum of three. And reason two is they expect that every year their best teams will get the advantage of playing after a bye.

Two reasons that the playoffs expanded to 12 teams instead of eight. Reason one is exactly that- the SEC and Big Ten expect to get four teams in or a minimum of three. And reason two is they expect that every year their best teams will get the advantage of playing after a bye.
I'll be happy as long as "holier than thou" A-hole ND is left out.

byes apply to the four highest ranked conference champions each year. the 12-team playoff setup was necessary to break what seemed to be a monopoly of alabama, ohio state, uga, michigan, clemson, and nd in the 4-team championship. the playoff wasn't that at all. fsu getting left out being a prime example. earlier, it was baylor and tcu. the cfp had become a blue blood eye test judged by a committee rather than on the field. it was also not maximizing revenue. this setup will solve some of those issues, presumably.

I’d much rather see the 2nd/3rd best ACC/Big 12 team in over the 4th best from the SEC/b1g

Same with the MW champ, AAC champ, etc

I’d much rather see the 2nd/3rd best ACC/Big 12 team in over the 4th best from the SEC/b1g

Same with the MW champ, AAC champ, etc
you know fox and espn are going to influence who follows those four conference champions. it's in their interest to ensure as many b10 and sec teams get in the pool as possible. the end game will be very much debated like lunardi's last four out in hoops.

there's a lot of irony in this thread, calling ole paul a moron. come on, gentlemen. here's a whole thread about him on a random N board. an sec shill, yes. and he's likely the single most recognized commentator in the college football theater. he's hardly thoughtless or of low iq.
He is exactly all that. He was thoughtless when he took what Matt Rhule said and
Turned completely upside down so he could personally attack Rhule. If that’s not being a moron or thoughtless not sure what is .

He is exactly all that. He was thoughtless when he took what Matt Rhule said and
Turned completely upside down so he could personally attack Rhule. If that’s not being a moron or thoughtless not sure what is .
rhule has more on his mind than some random talking head in charolette, n.c. N fans should take finebaum's glare as some sort of validation that husker football still matters on the national scene. he didn't say that about others who have made similar comments.

Last edited:
byes apply to the four highest ranked conference champions each year. the 12-team playoff setup was necessary to break what seemed to be a monopoly of alabama, ohio state, uga, michigan, clemson, and nd in the 4-team championship. the playoff wasn't that at all. fsu getting left out being a prime example. earlier, it was baylor and tcu. the cfp had become a blue blood eye test judged by a committee rather than on the field. it was also not maximizing revenue. this setup will solve some of those issues, presumably.
Are you sure about that? I thought it was 1 through 4 got byes. Not conference champions. It is possible a conference champion may not be in the top 4

Are you sure about that? I thought it was 1 through 4 got byes. Not conference champions. It is possible a conference champion may not be in the top 4
Starting in the 2024-25 season, here's the new, expanded format to know: 12 teams will be selected to the Playoff field. The four highest-ranked conference champions will be seeded 1-4 and each will receive a first-round bye. NCAA

Starting in the 2024-25 season, here's the new, expanded format to know: 12 teams will be selected to the Playoff field. The four highest-ranked conference champions will be seeded 1-4 and each will receive a first-round bye. NCAA

Oh boy so we could have a #15 ranked team be a conference champion getting a bye. I know that might be extreme but Boise and UCF all over again

Oh boy so we could have a #15 ranked team be a conference champion getting a bye. I know that might be extreme but Boise and UCF all over again
yes, teams like the past undefeated ucf and cincy coming out of g5 conferences could theoretically rank higher than say clemson out of the acc or utah out of the b12 and thus win a bye in the first round.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT