ADVERTISEMENT

Overrated

Who has iowa beaten?

fTTBLia.gif

We can scream overrated all day long, but Iowa is 12-0 because they don't make mind-numbingly stupid decisions or commit costly penalties, and they seem to have an offensive coordinator whose attention span exceeds that of a 3rd grader.

"Gee, we could move the chains here - but that won't prove to anyone what a genius I am! I think I'll put my QB in yet another situation he's ill-equipped to handle."

So congrats to Iowa. They are playing meaningful games in December and we're clinging to the notion that we just had the unluckiest season in the history of college football.

In addition to the game thread, we will need this thread in a couple hours...
Jesus Christ, what a stupid effing idea this thread was. Even if we had won, why in the hell would we be calling a team we just beat "overrated?"

Wouldn't it have been better if we'd won and Iowa was indeed as good as advertised.

Reactions: HIWILLE and nu2u
Iowa fan here. You have an amazing fan base....it was loud in the stadium. Iowa beat a very good team today that was fired up and ready to upset us. I'm very proud of this win over a storied program. Nebraska is DANGEROUS

Iowa fan here. You have an amazing fan base....it was loud in the stadium. Iowa beat a very good team today that was fired up and ready to upset us. I'm very proud of this win over a storied program. Nebraska is DANGEROUS
if iowa played in the east division they would likely have 3 losses. its all about schedule.

4 INTS and we still only lost by a td. Iowa is going to get curbstomped in the near future.
Could possibly happen but at least wer'e going to a bowl game. You were smelling Detroit before this one, but looks like you're staying home...see ya in IC next year!

if iowa played in the east division they would likely have 3 losses. its all about schedule.

But they don't, and they'll have an opportunity to prove their worth on the field in the championship game. This same stupid argument could be used for every team every year. 12-0 in a P5 deserves respect.

Reactions: unIowa
You guys beat MSU and Iowa beats you yet Iowa will get curb stomped. Reasoning like that is what Iowa fans have problems with. Doesn't even make sense...

Reactions: cleotishaywood

Nope. Sour grapes much! Iowa does just enough to win. Next game will be tough. Iowa will have to play its best game of the year to win. But at least they have a shot at it.

Iowa has played NOBODY haha it's amazing
We've played several very good teams, on the road, and won them all. We just haven't played a "name brand" or a "blue blood program" this year, which bothers many of the talking heads for some reason,

We've played several very good teams, on the road, and won them all. We just haven't played a "name brand" or a "blue blood program" this year, which bothers many of the talking heads for some reason,

They really haven't. They've played several "decent" teams but none of the teams they've beaten are top of the line.

Congrats to Iowa, but you really have not beaten a good team and that includes my Nebraska. Win the next two and you will prove me wrong. No matter who you played, 12-0 is awesome.

They really haven't. They've played several "decent" teams but none of the teams they've beaten are top of the line.
That's basically what I said.
Congrats to Iowa, but you really have not beaten a good team and that includes my Nebraska. Win the next two and you will prove me wrong. No matter who you played, 12-0 is awesome.
It's just semantics, but it all depends on what your definition of "good" is. We beat three teams in the Top 25 or just outside of it (NW, Wisky and Pitt), and two were on the road. They're not "great", but in my book they're very good. I would say NE is good as is Illinois, Indiana and Minnesota are mediocre, and the rest of the teams we beat are not very good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT