ADVERTISEMENT

OU targeting Kliff Kingsbury?

Well, if its about the Jimmy and the Joe's why not hire a successful NFL coach. I doubt he would go to OU as they love him in Arizona and he seems to be doing very well there.

Reactions: cardinals38
Leave the pros to go back and kiss teenagers ass? Nah
The only way I think I would leave, is if OU said "Here is a 12 year 100 million dollar deal, with a year extension added on after every two seasons and a full contract value buyout.

The only way I think I would leave, is if OU said "Here is a 12 year 100 million dollar deal, with a year extension added on after every two seasons and a full contract value buyout.
I guess but recruiting now days with NIL, and transfer portal. Why would a NFL coach want that but anything is possible

Silly Scheffy. Coaches go back to college when they are flailing and don't have a quarterback. Kingsbury has his quarterback. Murray should be good for 10 plus years.
Probably a better chance of Urban Meyer going to OU than Kingsbury. But that’s not likely to happen either.

Reactions: Bold Words
I guess but recruiting now days with NIL, and transfer portal. Why would a NFL coach want that but anything is possible
Again, I would not go back either.

Maybe the shorter season? Maybe the fact the CFB is not a "full time" job like the NFL is, but I would stay in the pros.

I don't see Kingsbury at OU. Dude has done well in the NFL, but he was a mediocre college coach. He was fired at Texas Tech, where he went 35-40 (.467), with only two winning seasons in six years. His best season with Patrick Mahomes at QB was 7-6. There are certain coaches who are good in the NFL and not so good in college (Kingsbury), and some who are good in college and not so good in the NFL (Nick Saban).

Reactions: headcard
I don't see Kingsbury at OU. Dude has done well in the NFL, but he was a mediocre college coach. He was fired at Texas Tech, where he went 35-40 (.467), with only two winning seasons in six years. His best season with Patrick Mahomes at QB was 7-6. There are certain coaches who are good in the NFL and not so good in college (Kingsbury), and some who are good in college and not so good in the NFL (Nick Saban).
Yeah, I think right now the problems for OU are these things

1. They just got dumped, it is embarrassing
2. They need a name BAD (I would imagine they will offer Stoops the job with some crazy 15 million a year 5 year deal)
3. They are joining a new conference.

Why would kingbury go back to college
He has done, and is doing what many college coaches never could do like Lou Holtz, Steve spurrier, Nick Saban and urban Meyer. rebuild an NFL football team and win in the NFL
Going to OU would be like going back to pop Warner
Cliff has his eyes set on Lombardi Tropheys,
Not … participation tropheys

Last edited:
i think it would have little to do with how he did in lubbock, but how well he likes the nfl/phoenix. hes set up with murray. my guess is its a ruse or a save face - ‘hey, were talking to legit candidates over here’.
this feels like joe c got caught looking away and that may be the real story.
i think stoops will only be interim, the mixon stink has faded, but still lingers.
id prefer the tv gig myself, and he seems to be honing that.

Reactions: Minutemen4huskers
His agent probably gives scoops to Schefter so he did him a solid and tweeted it so Kliff has more leverage with the Cardinals for his next contract. They have best record in the NFL, I don’t think they’re the best team but would have to go completely sideways for this to happen and OU really can’t afford to wait that long or this recruiting class is done.

I thought he made a mistake by not playing baseball. Figured he was too small and would be injured all the time in the NFL. I was wr.....wro....wron....wrong. Lol
And Tebow made a mistake by trying to play baseball.

Again, I would not go back either.

Maybe the shorter season? Maybe the fact the CFB is not a "full time" job like the NFL is, but I would stay in the pros.
CFB isnt a full time job? Lol what part of the year do coaches get to take off? This isnt high school football.

Less than 10 million a year? Not happening

How many active nfl head coaches who aren’t on the hot seat have left for an ncaa gig?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT