ADVERTISEMENT

Other than Michigan, Show Me a Loss

LATech, Northwestern and Possibly Purdue are our only favorable games left. 4-8. We’ll lose our last four games.
I haven't seen anything from those last 4 teams to think we couldn't at least be 2-2 unless we are still turning it over at a high rate. Wisconsin would have got ran by Georgia Southern had their qb decided not to go all Sims on his team.

Zero reason we can't win 8 of our next 9. Yeah, I know it was just NIU, but from everything I've seen, there's not a team left on our schedule (other than Michigan) that we can't beat. Hell, Minn might just be the 3rd best team on our schedule behind Mich and sCUm and we all saw how that went.
Said it last week, no reason Nebraska doesn't win 7 to 8. With MSU now without a coach and in complete disarray, there isn't really a team outside of Michigan (a home game) that should be scary. Wiscy on the road should be a dogfight. Last half of your season though could be a run of the table.

Reactions: RBigredMax
Teams left on the schedule that have a strong DL will pose the biggest challenge to the Huskers exceeding 6 wins IMO. Our OL just continues to have breakdowns all across the line and you know Michigan will take advantage of that no matter how good we feel about the results from NIU and La Tech.
Makes you wonder with what appears to be a miss evaluation of our QB's are they missing on a guy or 2 on the OL?

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
B1G West & NIU Record vs OOC Power 5 comp:
MN 0-1
NU 0-1
IL 0-1
Iowa 1-0
NW 0-1
PU 1-1
Wisky 0-1

NIU 1-1

NIU was able to do something most couldn’t do in our division and beat an ooc power 5 team.
You can slice stats any way you want. That crappy CU team has won two nail biters and put in reserves at the end on another team they beat.

Nothing is sure anymore IMO.
L.Tech really likes the short passing game and could keep our O off the field if we play soft. Don't forget L.Tech has the SUACE Sanders. Dude looks like a bowling ball but could take 1 to the house.

Because that's not Rhule's M.O. He literally said if you want wins in year one, he's not your coach. Just stop wishing for impossible prognostications.
Is Rhule opposed to having a winning season this year? People gonna like him a whole lot more if he gets to a decent bowl

This post made me laugh. We beat Northern Illinois at home , come on. Our offense is average at best . We could have a elite defense. Special teams look solid. I don't seeing us beating anybody on the road if we can't be better on offense. It looks like we're going to be in some Iowa like games all season. We have a history of turnovers and penalties that bite us, did that suddenly disappear? I won't look ahead because we haven't earned the right to. I will say if we played Iowa now we would win.

Reactions: TheNewNU
This post made me laugh. We beat Northern Illinois at home , come on. Our offense is average at best . We could have an elite defense. Special teams look solid. I don't seeing us beating anybody on the road if we can't be better on offense. It looks like we're going to be in some Iowa like games all season. We have a history of turnovers and penalties that bite us, did that suddenly disappear? I won't look ahead because we haven't earned the right to. I will say if we played Iowa now we would win.
Dude you just described the entire B1G west 🤣

This reminds me of the optimism generated when in 2021 Nebraska beat the snot out of Northwestern. Many folks on here, including myself, were saying similar things. We thought that maybe we had turned a corner and that there was not a team left on our schedule that we could not beat. The rest is history.

I understand that Rhule is not Frost and that this year it might be different. But we beat a 1-1 NIU in Lincoln at night and it only proved that we are better than a team like NIU in Lincoln at night. We might beat every team on our schedule not named Michigan. We could also lose to every team not named Northwestern or LA Tech.

I love the optimism of the OP and I am not here to criticize it. Good on him for being optimistic and for being a loyal fan. But I am not yet optimistic. Let's see how we do in the coming weeks.

One thing that does bring optimism is that this is the best Nebraska defense since 2009 and it can keep us in every game, including Michigan. But our offense is not very good. And that could really bite us in the ass.
That 1-1 NIU team beat Boston College. The same Boston College who nearly beat Florida State.

“ some kind of bigger picture foundation building bullshit,”
I’m not sure where this comes from?
I like Rhule a lot. One of the reasons is that he has preached accountability, selflessness, and competition/competitiveness. That, as well as, if you can’t hold onto the ball you can’t play for us.
That’s the foundation building.

If he goes back to Simms, that is counter to everything he’s said. If he does that, I will lose a lot of trust in him.

I hope to God he does what is best for all the other players not named Simms, and sticks with HH.
So why did he give Grant another chance on Saturday?

I'm also a bit concerned with Alvano. He hasn't looked great and I'm not sure if anyone picked up on one of the first 2 games where they said his range was 47-48 for FG during warmups (pretty sure it was Minn game). We are going to need good kicking come conference time.

🌽
So the 50 yard FG he hit in the 2022 State Championship game in cold weather doesn't count? Or the 57 yarder (school record) during the season? The announcers are only going by what they saw in warmups. IF he's not attempting & making a FG from 55, they won't say he has 55 yd range.

Hail Varsity article on Tristan Alvano

Zero reason we can't win 8 of our next 9. Yeah, I know it was just NIU, but from everything I've seen, there's not a team left on our schedule (other than Michigan) that we can't beat. Hell, Minn might just be the 3rd best team on our schedule behind Mich and sCUm and we all saw how that went.
Made a similar post last week before the game, but I don't think HH gets us to there and we would need Sims to be the guy (cleaning up the turnovers of course).

HH is one hell of a battering ram, but outside of someone being wide open down field or a TE streaking up the middle on play action, we have no deep ball threat and teams in conference will stack the box more than ever and we will have a lot of 3 and outs. The injuries at RB amplify this.

It wasn't even a good NIU team...

This is going to sound crazy but I think we're going to win against Michigan. They haven't look that good and struggled last week. With our defense operating like they are and being in front of our home crowd, we will have a chance.
We lost to Minnesota and CU, but sure.

Says who ? They beat BC and I watched BC give all that FSU could handle. They had a total dud at QB and we all know what that can do to a team .

Reactions: BleedRed78
lets win a conference game first.

If we can keep our defensive starters healthy (for the most part) and get just average QB play meaning the QB takes care of the ball, we can get six or seven wins this year.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT