ADVERTISEMENT

Other than Michigan, Show Me a Loss

Zero reason we can't win 8 of our next 9. Yeah, I know it was just NIU, but from everything I've seen, there's not a team left on our schedule (other than Michigan) that we can't beat. Hell, Minn might just be the 3rd best team on our schedule behind Mich and sCUm and we all saw how that went.
Minnesota, Colorado

Why is Maryland a for sure loss? Sure they have a talented QB and some athletes, but a for sure loss is a stretch. It is a home game vs Maryland.
Yes, a home game against Maryland almost two months from now. The defense will be even further along and the offense will be whatever it's going to be by then. Maryland plays PSU the week before, and that game should produce some sore bodies for them. Hope for shitty weather in Lincoln that day.

I think La Tech and Northwestern are wins. The rest of them - who knows?
Michigan, while very good, is not some unbeatable juggernaut. Remember their last trip to Lincoln?

Judging on last Saturday's games, I have to agree. Nebraska looked solid, and Michigan's offense was shaky as hell.

I wouldn't be surprised if our game vs Rutgers this Saturday is a nail biter.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Yeah Michigan is the only game I would 100% pencil in as a loss. This team can win at least 7 games which in year 1 after 6 straight losing seasons would be great.

Reactions: BleedRed78
nkSrZ1G.jpg

Well, why not? We should at least be able to suck a little less than the rest of those sucky teams. Tallest midget, etc.
It will be so nice beginning next year when the big ten west is no longer and the program will be measured against USC, OSU,Michigan, Penn St, Oregon instead of Iowa, Purdue and Minnesota.

This is going to sound crazy but I think we're going to win against Michigan. They haven't look that good and struggled last week. With our defense operating like they are and being in front of our home crowd, we will have a chance.
if they win by less than 30 I'd be surprised.

HH is gonna look a LOT different in conference play. Our offense is weak and gonna get weaker.

Will also be surprised if we're not to third string QB by the end of the season as bad as our O-Line still is. They're gonna get hit in conference play, A LOT.

And yeah, you're certifiably insane. They're pretty good, and we're pretty bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: cruelhalo
This is going to sound crazy but I think we're going to win against Michigan. They haven't look that good and struggled last week. With our defense operating like they are and being in front of our home crowd, we will have a chance.

Good one

Michigan will spot 30+ over Nebraska. The only guaranteed win on the schedule is (maybe) Northwestern. More so than LA Tech. Nothing after that.

People around here are getting hard ons after N. Illinois. If Rhule fvkcs around and continues to play that idiot at QB (#7), he will lose the team.

This reminds me of the optimism generated when in 2021 Nebraska beat the snot out of Northwestern. Many folks on here, including myself, were saying similar things. We thought that maybe we had turned a corner and that there was not a team left on our schedule that we could not beat. The rest is history.

I understand that Rhule is not Frost and that this year it might be different. But we beat a 1-1 NIU in Lincoln at night and it only proved that we are better than a team like NIU in Lincoln at night. We might beat every team on our schedule not named Michigan. We could also lose to every team not named Northwestern or LA Tech.

I love the optimism of the OP and I am not here to criticize it. Good on him for being optimistic and for being a loyal fan. But I am not yet optimistic. Let's see how we do in the coming weeks.

One thing that does bring optimism is that this is the best Nebraska defense since 2009 and it can keep us in every game, including Michigan. But our offense is not very good. And that could really bite us in the ass.
And injuries could play a major role in our success this yr. RB, WR, & QB are thin.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Michigan will spot 30+ over Nebraska. The only guaranteed win on the schedule is (maybe) Northwestern. More so than LA Tech. Nothing after that.

People around here are getting hard ons after N. Illinois. If Rhule fvkcs around and continues to play that idiot at QB (#7), he will lose the team.
On the flip side of that coin, some posters here are pretending that we have the toughest conference schedule ever in our program's history. The reality is that the Big Ten West is as bad of a Power 5 Division as there has been in the past decade. So while there are no guaranteed wins, there are also no guaranteed losses either.

I don't think it is just N. Ill. I think people are seeing and understanding how bad the B1G sucks. We should have beat Minnesota. I get it, we didn't get it done, but they were toast. Much of the West looks a lot like Minnesota in the style of play. Our D is going to help us, but so are the awful offenses of the West. NW, Iowa, MSU, Ill, Purdue, etc. all have looked like hot garbage on O.

I don't think it is just N. Ill. I think people are seeing and understanding how bad the B1G sucks. We should have beat Minnesota. I get it, we didn't get it done, but they were toast. Much of the West looks a lot like Minnesota in the style of play. Our D is going to help us, but so are the awful offenses of the West. NW, Iowa, MSU, Ill, Purdue, etc. all have looked like hot garbage on O.
I get what you're saying but all of those teams get fired up to play Nebraska and it's never as easy as it appears on paper.

if he doesn't start recruiting talent instead of players no other Power5 team would touch, he's gonna lose the rest of the RhuleAid drinkers. This experiment has been tried before...

Don't automatically assume that Michigan game will be a loss as imho it will be a dogfight and is winnable and a loss will come because of the offense but good luck with Shitchicken successfully and consitantly moving the ball against the Blackshirts. I'm calling it now, Blake Corum will beld to a career low in rushing yards and will be lucky to even see 50 yards rushing and laugh all ya want but the Blackshirts are for real. If the O does show up beating them then becomes a reality. People forget, there are still quite a few on this team that remember the screw job 2 years ago and want payback and they are good enough to get it. The play shoulda been blown dead when Martinzez was stood up and all forward progress was stopped more than long enough for the ref to throw the almighty yellow hanky and didn't do it and as a result Martinez fumbled the ball and that same drive they drove down and kicked the winning FG. Had the refs made the call they were supposed to we win that game but the refs weren't gonna let that happed as Michigan was a playoff contender. One thing is fact, this Michigan team is NOWHERE near the caliber of that squad 2 years ago and most certainly can be beaten this year.

Last edited:
That Michigan game will be a dogfight and is winnable and a loss will come because of the offense but good luck with Shitchicken successfully and consitantly moving the ball against the Blackshirts. I'm calling it now, Blake Corum will beld to a creer low and will be lucky to even see 50 yards rushing and laugh all ya want but the Blackshirts are that good. If the O does show up beating them then becomes a reality. People forget, there are still quite a few on this team that remember the screw job 2 years ago and want payback and they are good enough to get it. The play shoulda been blown dead when Martinzez was stood up and all forward progress was stopped more than long enough for the ref to throw the almighty yellow hanky and didn't do it and as a result Martinez fumbled the ball and that same drive they drove down and kicked the winning FG. Had the refs made the call they were supposed to we win that game but the refs weren't gonna let that happed as Michigan was a playoff contender. One thing is fact, the Michigan team is NOWHERE near the caliber of that squad 2 years ago and most certainly be beaten this year.
There was also a questionable penalty before half time that turned a Michigan FG into a TD. If I remember correctly, there was also a punt that was muffed by Michigan with Nebraska recovering, but the refs gave the ball to Michigan.

Don't automatically assume that Michigan game will be a loss as imho it will be a dogfight and is winnable and a loss will come because of the offense but good luck with Shitchicken successfully and consitantly moving the ball against the Blackshirts. I'm calling it now, Blake Corum will beld to a career low in rushing yards and will be lucky to even see 50 yards rushing and laugh all ya want but the Blackshirts are for real. If the O does show up beating them then becomes a reality. People forget, there are still quite a few on this team that remember the screw job 2 years ago and want payback and they are good enough to get it. The play shoulda been blown dead when Martinzez was stood up and all forward progress was stopped more than long enough for the ref to throw the almighty yellow hanky and didn't do it and as a result Martinez fumbled the ball and that same drive they drove down and kicked the winning FG. Had the refs made the call they were supposed to we win that game but the refs weren't gonna let that happed as Michigan was a playoff contender. One thing is fact, this Michigan team is NOWHERE near the caliber of that squad 2 years ago and most certainly can be beaten this year.
Our D hasn’t faced an O-line with their talent… not even close. And Corum will get his yards. Unless they suffer some key injuries, we’re not gonna be close in this game.

Reverse psychology? Maybe…

Our D hasn’t faced an O-line with their talent… not even close. And Corum will get his yards. Unless they suffer some key injuries, we’re not gonna be close in this game.

Reverse psychology? Maybe…
You don't know. Wait til the games played.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
On the flip side of that coin, some posters here are pretending that we have the toughest conference schedule ever in our program's history. The reality is that the Big Ten West is as bad of a Power 5 Division as there has been in the past decade. So while there are no guaranteed wins, there are also no guaranteed losses either.

This was exactly my point when I started this thread. Perhaps I should have phrased it differently. Other than Michigan, show me a guaranteed loss. There aren’t any. We’re not great, but neither is the rest of our schedule.

Who has Michigan beat this year? How was their defense against the run? I dont believe ours is the true #2 run D in the country, but its much better than it has been. Im not gonna look it up, but I am fairly sure UM has failed to cover the spread in each of their games. Guessing they will be a 14 or 21 pt favorite on the road. So, Im skeptical they will put 30 over us. can see a 28-7 or 28-10 type of game.

Zero reason we can't win 8 of our next 9. Yeah, I know it was just NIU, but from everything I've seen, there's not a team left on our schedule (other than Michigan) that we can't beat. Hell, Minn might just be the 3rd best team on our schedule behind Mich and sCUm and we all saw how that went.
What do you think now?

Reactions: GBRforLife1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT