ADVERTISEMENT

OT: worst basketball secret

baseball31ne

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 8, 2002
was completed today with GM James getting his kid onto the roster.

Hope the young man does the best he can. Haven’t seen many scouts think he is close to being ready but really a two way contract player at the moment, at best.

Hope the young man does the best he can. Haven’t seen many scouts think he is close to being ready but really a two way contract player at the moment, at best.
A lot of the players drafted aren't ready for the NBA, but with most you can see why teams think they have a high ceiling. Bronny isn't terrible - when he got minutes for USC, he looked decent. But even if he had stayed in college another couple of years, I just don't see a huge upside.

Get that kid another booster

Meh. 2nd round picks are often if not usually practice players if that. Occasionally they turn out but they’re really not losing much by drafting him. You have to view him as part of LeBron’s compensation package.

• Haha
Reactions: baseball31ne
A lot of the players drafted aren't ready for the NBA, but with most you can see why teams think they have a high ceiling. Bronny isn't terrible - when he got minutes for USC, he looked decent. But even if he had stayed in college another couple of years, I just don't see a huge upside.
Well said. My opinion is (or was) that he's too short (6' 2), not a point guard and hasn't accomplished anything yet. Didn't start for USC. Only got drafted because of his name. But that said, the NBA draft is a joke. The younger and more unproven you are, the better. If you are 22 years old, you are too old. That's total B.S. but, other than the Celtics, Spurs and a few others, every franchise in the NBA shares a brain.

I did see one scouting report that said. Bronny had that heart attack (I forgot about that) and that really held him back this year. Said he could be a 3 & D guy and that even at 6'2" was so athletic that he lack of size wouldn't matter. And I will vouch for that. I'd much rather have a tough ass, athletic undersized guy than a taller, longer kid who doesn't compete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT