ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Volleyball Forfeit

Retreating is probably your best option.
Retreat? From what exactly? You're making up stories about me posting about boys playing girls soccer, and going after the wrong poster. I am feeling a little sorry for you as I realize you aren't functioning at the highest level at the moment. There's no point in any further engagement, enjoy your day.

Brooke Slusser, Fleming’s teammate, joined former NCAA swimmer Riley Gaines and other female athletes who are suing the NCAA over policies regarding transgender athletes, claiming the current system is compromising the fairness and integrity of women’s sports and putting women at risk.

"Brooke estimates that Fleming’s spikes were traveling upward of 80 mph, which was faster than she had ever seen a woman hit a volleyball," Slusser’s complaint said, via the Cowboy State Daily. "The girls were doing everything they could to dodge Fleming’s spikes but still could not fully protect themselves."
So you are saying they were trying to dodge her balls? :)

You're missing a bunch of people asking them to do their work for them, maybe the people closely affected don't care like you do? It's on you to do something if you care, not ask others. Seems weird that people don't get this.
You are assuming the gals who are forfeiting are doing this for a bunch of people on this board, that we are asking them to do this FOR US. That’s the stupidest thing I’ve heard. They are doing this because THEY have a problem with it. Simple as that. The people on this board are saying “bravo” to these women.

How is that so wrong in your world?

Reactions: Huskers123456
You are assuming the gals who are forfeiting are doing this for a bunch of people on this board, that we are asking them to do this FOR US. That’s the stupidest thing I’ve heard. They are doing this because THEY have a problem with it. Simple as that. The people on this board are saying “bravo” to these women.

Apparently because it isn't transferred to all silos of the world opinion.

Reactions: timnsun

Some people are simply saying bravo, some people are upset but don't want to do the work so they are asking others to. My post was directed to those people.

Retreat? From what exactly? You're making up stories about me posting about boys playing girls soccer, and going after the wrong poster. I am feeling a little sorry for you as I realize you aren't functioning at the highest level at the moment. There's no point in any further engagement, enjoy your day.
You wrote a whole diatribe on post 114 about dudes in womens sports, which isn't what I was even commenting on. You were clearly confused about my post related to the issue. I haven't thought about this thing for more than a few minutes until I saw it on here, I don't have young kids competing, I'm not involved in the thing in a professional way so the idea of transgender athletes competing just hasn't been on my radar. It obviously bothers some people a lot, those people are obvious to spot, and my contention was if they are so worked up about it don't ask other people to advocate for you, go speak loudly that you feel that way and try to get society to change. Not sure why this is so hard to understand. It doesn't seem like a strange stance at all.

Some people are simply saying bravo, some people are upset but don't want to do the work so they are asking others to. My post was directed to those people.
I think it’s ok for people to say that things have gotten out of hand, and are finding it refreshing that others are pushing back. Not sure that the argument about them not wanting to do the work holds a bunch of water, unless you know what they have chosen to do and not do in this fight.

I think it’s ok for people to say that things have gotten out of hand, and are finding it refreshing that others are pushing back. Not sure that the argument about them not wanting to do the work holds a bunch of water, unless you know what they have chosen to do and not do in this fight.
Sure, but when someone says "We wouldnt have had to go through any of this if people would have a backbone and use their logic.".....why do other people have to have a backbone? That person used the word WE, clearly it bothers that person enough to think they or society is going through something bad. Why not go and advocate instead of telling other people they need a backbone? That was my point.

The only people that can anything at this point about this are the ones doing. That is the woman’s volleyball teams and the universities that are forfeiting. You are directing your criticism at people saying that title 9 is the main issue here. You or me can’t change title 9 no matter how much we holler or scream . I still think there is a personal issue with you involved about this somehow. You are just to triggered about this.

His biggest issue is that he is fighting so many people on different fronts that it is hard to maintain any sort of consistency and relevancy.

Sure, but when someone says "We wouldnt have had to go through any of this if people would have a backbone and use their logic.".....why do other people have to have a backbone? That person used the word WE, clearly it bothers that person enough to think they or society is going through something bad. Why not go and advocate instead of telling other people they need a backbone? That was my point.
I’m guessing it’s because the powers that be that have been making these decisions don’t have backbones, and message board posters don’t have the same influence as these decision makers. Again, who’s to say they aren’t advocating for change?

I’m guessing it’s because the powers that be that have been making these decisions don’t have backbones, and message board posters don’t have the same influence as these decision makers. Again, who’s to say they aren’t advocating for change?
I am, because if they were so busy fighting for something they wouldn't have time to post on random message boards. I'm retired so I have plenty of time.

His biggest issue is that he is fighting so many people on different fronts that it is hard to maintain any sort of consistency and relevancy.
I'm not fighting anyone, people are choosing to fight with me because they take issue with being told to have some personal responsibility...but it's their time to waste if they'd like to.

The only people that can anything at this point about this are the ones doing. That is the woman’s volleyball teams and the universities that are forfeiting. You are directing your criticism at people saying that title 9 is the main issue here. You or me can’t change title 9 no matter how much we holler or scream . I still think there is a personal issue with you involved about this somehow. You are just to triggered about this.
That's not true at all or else people wouldn't be involved in all sorts of social causes. You can choose to get involved in practically any issue in any number of ways, you don't have to be directly affected by it at all.

“…do the work.” That is the phrase that was used so often by the “so called DEI experts” in the movie Am I Racist? Whenever they were asked what was needed to “do the work” there was no answer that was acceptable and resulted in resolving the made up problem of identity politics. None of them seemed to be able to define that phrase.

Very telling.

Reactions: timnsun
I am, because if they were so busy fighting for something they wouldn't have time to post on random message boards. I'm retired so I have plenty of time.
There it is!

I have summers off...sometimes I find myself "arguing" stuff that I literally have zero interest at all.

It all started when we as a society decided that saying NO was mean. Just effing say NO. Say no to your kids, say no to crazy, say no to a vaccine someone else wants you to take, say no to black lives matter, say NO men cannot have babies. We're a bunch of sissy cowards afraid of standing up for the truth and decent society because of hurt feelings and name calling, and this is what we get.
Tell this dude NO. If he doesn't like it, tough shit grow up.
FYI. My post above you replied to has been deleted because it was considered inappropriate. In over 20 years on here I have never been scolded before. My follow up where I quoted USA Today was also deleted.

This actually made me laugh out loud. People can be passionate about many things and multitask well enough to do both.

This actually made me laugh out loud. People can be passionate about many things and multitask well enough to do both.
Also, if they were doing anything they’d have said it by now for the internet points.

“…do the work.” That is the phrase that was used so often by the “so called DEI experts” in the movie Am I Racist? Whenever they were asked what was needed to “do the work” there was no answer that was acceptable and resulted in resolving the made up problem of identity politics. None of them seemed to be able to define that phrase.

Very telling.
Missed out on the whole DEI thing by a few years so I’m not sure where you’re going with this….i don’t get the reference.

Also, if they were doing anything they’d have said it by now for the internet points.
People who do things for the general good, aren't looking for internet points. The people who spend some of their free time at churches etc..aren't doing it for the recognition. So they aren't going to tell you about how much time they are volunteering.

People who do things for the general good, aren't looking for internet points. The people who spend some of their free time at churches etc..aren't doing it for the recognition. So they aren't going to tell you about how much time they are volunteering.
Sure they will in this case, they're trying to win a meaningless internet argument. Peoples egos go crazy for this stuff. Even "good" people.

Missed out on the whole DEI thing by a few years so I’m not sure where you’re going with this….i don’t get the reference.

Not surprised. In a nutshell, the so called “DEI experts” kept telling everyone that we all need “to do the work” or else we will never resolve our made up problems. Yet when pressed to actually provide solutions, they couldn’t. So, essentially, the non-DEI people were criticized for not doing anything, but then when they wanted to they were also criticized when they did do something. Creates a constant state of criticism….

I saw a couple of them. Specifically with Wyoming it made it sound like the legislature wrote the Wyoming AD a letter basically insinuating that: "Sure is a nice athletic department you got there, would be a shame if it got defunded" and then the school cancelled. They specifically said in the article that no students expressed a concern for safety, but the article stopped short of saying the players themselves voted not to play. If you know something I don't, please by all means share it.

They said they didn't feel unsafe because they were asked if they felt unsafe. Why would they feel unsafe? They're not being asked to share a locker room and shower with him. It's not a safety factor so the question asked was stupid. I'm sorry but they're not going to defund the athletic department and cancel the school over volleyball, bit of a reach on your part. They are doing what real women across the world need to do.

So you are not fighting with them but they are fighting with you? ha ha
That is correct. Anyone could stop posting at any time. Or go back and read the original post to understand my argument instead of intentionally or accidentally misunderstanding my point. To continue to post when they aren't doing it in good faith is exactly that, it's not me who's doing that. I've had to state and restate my position over and over.

The players are forfeiting? You know that for a fact? Sure seems like they are being threatened by legislatures in states like Wyoming.

Where do you get they are being forced by legislators? From the governor tweeting he's in full support of there decision. In another post you claim there is no proof the team made the decision not to play but yet you keep on about perceived legislators forcing them.

Did you take your meds today redmi.

Where do you get they are being forced by legislators? From the governor tweeting he's in full support of there decision. In another post you claim there is no proof the team made the decision not to play but yet you keep on about perceived legislators forcing them.

Did you take your meds today redmi.
Yes, in one of the articles it had a letter sent to the Wyoming AD from the state and the general tone of the letter was sort of "Nice AD you got there, would be ashamed if we voted to take away the money"....it's not like they came out and said that, it was just the tone of the thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT