ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Volleyball Forfeit

The OP on this board are supporting the “others “ as you call them. The others are teams that are forfeiting because they are fighting this the only they can at this point. I support that . What can I do that Wyoming , Boise State and Utah State have already done. I live in Nebraska how can I fight this? I don’t really care about women’s sports, but that has nothing to do with this subject. I just can’t figure out what point you are trying to make.
I'll try this one last time, there are multiple posters in here saying "We wouldn't have this issue if X did something about it". My point is, why are you waiting for X to do something if you care this much? Go do something yourself, don't ask a bunch of college girls to fight your battles for you. I don't even care about this issue that much, but watching middle aged men try to proxy fight an issue they seem to care a bunch about is pathetic.

Let's be clear, womens sports suck and I'd rather watch paint dry...but that doesn't mean I can't have empathy for them, right? you blather on a lot about something you claim not to care about and have yet to offer one idea on what we are supposed to do to meet this criteria of yours before we have a right to an opinion on this issue.

Let's be clear, womens sports suck and I'd rather watch paint dry...but that doesn't mean I can't have empathy for them, right? you blather on a lot about something you claim not to care about and have yet to offer one idea on what we are supposed to do to meet this criteria of yours before we have a right to an opinion on this issue.
It means you aren't that passionate about it for that reason so use a different argument. We all know that the only reason you're using the women's sports argument is because you're trying to gotcha somebody.

I'll try this one last time, there are multiple posters in here saying "We wouldn't have this issue if X did something about it". My point is, why are you waiting for X to do something if you care this much? Go do something yourself, don't ask a bunch of college girls to fight your battles for you. I don't even care about this issue that much, but watching middle aged men try to proxy fight an issue they seem to care a bunch about is pathetic.
Take the L, already. You aren’t making any sense or winning any points here. We are all dumber for having read these responses. I have no idea what you’re trying to accomplish. It’s like you dug a big hole and are too proud to admit it was a stupid idea.

Take the L, already. You aren’t making any sense or winning any points here. We are all dumber for having read these responses. I have no idea what you’re trying to accomplish. It’s like you dug a big hole and are too proud to admit it was a stupid idea.
No idea what you're talking about? There's a bunch of people in here who want someone else to fight their battles for them, they got called out on it. If you don't want trans people to play womens sports, just get out there and fight for it. That's not a stupid idea at all, you should fight for what's important to you..it's not controversial in the slightest.

It means you aren't that passionate about it for that reason so use a different argument. We all know that the only reason you're using the women's sports argument is because you're trying to gotcha somebody.

hahaha...no it actually pisses me off when boys pretend to be a girl and beat up on women and take away their spots and opportunities. Really..jheesh, how cold are you that somebody has to actually prove something like that to you.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
exactly. There are literally thousands of topics that I have an opinion on, but even if I went public with my thoughts and opinion, there would be no change to the policy because I do not make the decisions.

No idea what you're talking about? There's a bunch of people in here who want someone else to fight their battles for them, they got called out on it. If you don't want trans people to play womens sports, just get out there and fight for it. That's not a stupid idea at all, you should fight for what's important to you..it's not controversial in the slightest.
Yes, we call them our elected officials. They represent our values and they have the ability to make laws regarding this BS. When they refuse to do so, people take matters into their own hands. We are a nation of laws, and when that breaks down, chaos ensues

Last edited:
exactly. There are literally thousands of topics that I have an opinion on, but even if I went public with my thoughts and opinion, there would be no change to the policy because I do not make the decisions.
These folks are asking someone else to do the work, just do your own work, it's not a big ask.

No, it's only part of society that does this.
True, as in all cases, there are no absolutes when we say "all" or "everyone" we often really mean "some" or a "few". That is the case in MOST everything - not everyone is doing it. I don't smoke marijuana but to listen to people, everyone does.

The flip side is we, in all cases of any moral or political decision are either involved or we are not. To not be involved and have a voice to is be complicit and condone it to an extent. We can say in the privacy of our homes all day long we are for or against something but it is meaningless without action.

For ME it comes down to condoming or objecting. There is no middle ground. We, of course, can be willfully ignorant which in itself leads to condoning. Just MY OPINION.

These folks are asking someone else to do the work, just do your own work, it's not a big ask.
My work is to have an opinion and voice my opinion in a public setting, like this. I can do that how ever I see fit. Please provide me with an avenue that will enact any change in this particular subject.

My work is to have an opinion and voice my opinion in a public setting, like this. I can do that how ever I see fit. Please provide me with an avenue that will enact any change in this particular subject.
It's not my job to solve your passions for you, people have enacted societal change for centuries, I'm sure you can figure it out. Just stop asking other people to solve it. If you want it solved, be the change you want to see in the world.

It's not my job to solve your passions for you, people have enacted societal change for centuries, I'm sure you can figure it out. Just stop asking other people to solve it. If you want it solved, be the change you want to see in the world.
But doesn’t it make sense for the people most closely affected to be at the forefront of the change? What am I missing here?

But doesn’t it make sense for the people most closely affected to be at the forefront of the change? What am I missing here?
You're missing a bunch of people asking them to do their work for them, maybe the people closely affected don't care like you do? It's on you to do something if you care, not ask others. Seems weird that people don't get this.

You're missing a bunch of people asking them to do their work for them, maybe the people closely affected don't care like you do? It's on you to do something if you care, not ask others. Seems weird that people don't get this.
You dimwit. They are literally forfeiting the games. They care.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
I don't think this is about "caring for women's sports" clearly most people don't and the ones that REALLY care are sort of weird but anyway...

This is about just using common sense. I have literally never watched an entire VB game and hopefully I never will. Girls playing sports is totally awesome but I have zero interest in watching it or attending it and I actually feel bad for most parents that have to pretend that they are excited about sitting on a hard bleacher for 9 hours on a Saturday because their daughter as a softball tourney 3 hours from home vs 6 teams that are all located 10 miles from where they drove from.

But that is not the point. The point is that THIS is stupid. You are a dude playing against girls. You are not a girl because you decided you felt more like a girl.

We pretty much have one study on this topic and the results are horrific.

What’s wrong with having other people “fight your battles” once and awhile? Unless you’ve lived in the woods alone for years (you haven’t because you’re on a computer/phone) you’ve already employed several people to fight many battles for you already today.

Most of us on here are not women. We aren’t college volleyball players. Our calls for women’s rights don’t exactly hit the same way..I will gladly support women to fight these battles since they are in an infinitely better position to do so.

Similar to being a Husker fan on this board. We all bitch about what needs to happen because that’s all we can really do besides donate. Why don’t you go out there, tell Lutuvsky you’re taking matters into your own hands and block some B1G defensive lineman?

What’s wrong with having other people “fight your battles”? Unless you’ve lived in the woods alone for years (you haven’t because you’re on a computer/phone) you’ve already employed several people to fight many battles for you already today.

Most of us on here are not women. We aren’t college volleyball players. Our calls for women’s rights don’t exactly hit the same way..I will gladly support women to fight these battles since they are in an infinitely better position to do so.

Similar to being a Husker fan on this board. We all bitch about what needs to happen because that’s all we really can do besides donate. Why don’t you go out there, tell Lutuvsky you’re taking matters into your own hands and block some B1G defensive lineman?
Because you're asking other people to risk themselves to fight for something you claim to care about. Is it weird to ask people to fight their own battles? I feel like this is the only sane position but you guys are acting like someone asked you to chop off your own arm.

I do love that all our lives we are told "Well, you can't pretend to be something you aren't"

But now it is like "Oh you feel like a girl, well, just be a girl"

Apparently it is, because here you are telling people they aren't doing what they need to do. So clearly you have an opinion as to what that process should look like.

Because you're asking other people to risk themselves to fight for something you claim to care about. Is it weird to ask people to fight their own battles? I feel like this is the only sane position but you guys are acting like someone asked you to chop off your own arm.
I think you and others are getting caught up on the word "care" and how it is being used.

I "care" about the Huskers but I am not going to donate 10,000 dollars to their NIL.

I think you just need to take that word "care" and realize that it does not mean to take up and mobilize a force that marches to SJSU and demands that "girl" quit the team.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
Because you're asking other people to risk themselves to fight for something you claim to care about. Is it weird to ask people to fight their own battles?
Would you ask an accountant in 2024 to build a home for his family with his tiny, well-moisturized hands and his 12v Black and Decker screw gun? Yes it can be weird.

Reactions: drubendall
I think you and others are getting caught up on the word "care" and how it is being used.

I "care" about the Huskers but I am not going to donate 10,000 dollars to their NIL.

I think you just need to take that word "care" and realize that it does not mean to take up and mobilize a force that marches to SJSU and demands that "girl" quit the team.
Absolutely, but I don't take issue with the word care. It's the "this wouldn't happen if so and so did X" that I take issue with. It would be the same for NIL if someone was on here posting "everyone else EXCEPT ME needs to start donating to NIL".

Absolutely, but I don't take issue with the word care. It's the "this wouldn't happen if so and so did X" that I take issue with. It would be the same for NIL if someone was on here posting "everyone else EXCEPT ME needs to start donating to NIL".
Yeah, i get what you are saying. But I would compare it to this. For most people, you really only "do something" if it REALLY impacts you. That is normal.

4 teams have forfeited their games - are you not reading the articles?
I saw a couple of them. Specifically with Wyoming it made it sound like the legislature wrote the Wyoming AD a letter basically insinuating that: "Sure is a nice athletic department you got there, would be a shame if it got defunded" and then the school cancelled. They specifically said in the article that no students expressed a concern for safety, but the article stopped short of saying the players themselves voted not to play. If you know something I don't, please by all means share it.

I saw a couple of them. Specifically with Wyoming it made it sound like the legislature wrote the Wyoming AD a letter basically insinuating that: "Sure is a nice athletic department you got there, would be a shame if it got defunded" and then the school cancelled. They specifically said in the article that no students expressed a concern for safety, but the article stopped short of saying the players themselves voted not to play. If you know something I don't, please by all means share it.
In the end it is not the players call to decide what is safe or not safe. That would be like in FB, and a dude who is clearly concussed saying "Oh, I will be fine, I am going back in because I feel safe", that is why other people make that call.

With that said, I am guessing that none of the players felt unsafe.

Apparently it is, because here you are telling people they aren't doing what they need to do. So clearly you have an opinion as to what that process should look like.
Yes I am, and it's a little shocking that it would be considered controversial. I'm not talking about people taking a stance. If someone says "I don't agree with that" it's different than someone saying "I hate that this is happening, someone should do something!". The first one is perfectly acceptable, the second one is asking other people to fight your battles for you and is pathetic behavior for a grown up. It's a little disturbing that what I assume is a bunch of adult males feel it's okay to ask a bunch of college girls to solve a problem the adults care about.
I do think that at least SOME of these college girls care about this, but outside of Riley Gaines and a few others they haven't spoken up much. That's because they have a lot to lose and it's understandable, but these brave men of substance on rivals are asking them to fight harder I guess.

In the end it is not the players call to decide what is safe or not safe. That would be like in FB, and a dude who is clearly concussed saying "Oh, I will be fine, I am going back in because I feel safe", that is why other people make that call.

With that said, I am guessing that none of the players felt unsafe.
Brooke Slusser, Fleming’s teammate, joined former NCAA swimmer Riley Gaines and other female athletes who are suing the NCAA over policies regarding transgender athletes, claiming the current system is compromising the fairness and integrity of women’s sports and putting women at risk.

"Brooke estimates that Fleming’s spikes were traveling upward of 80 mph, which was faster than she had ever seen a woman hit a volleyball," Slusser’s complaint said, via the Cowboy State Daily. "The girls were doing everything they could to dodge Fleming’s spikes but still could not fully protect themselves."

Yes I am, and it's a little shocking that it would be considered controversial. I'm not talking about people taking a stance. If someone says "I don't agree with that" it's different than someone saying "I hate that this is happening, someone should do something!". The first one is perfectly acceptable, the second one is asking other people to fight your battles for you and is pathetic behavior for a grown up. It's a little disturbing that what I assume is a bunch of adult males feel it's okay to ask a bunch of college girls to solve a problem the adults care about.
I do think that at least SOME of these college girls care about this, but outside of Riley Gaines and a few others they haven't spoken up much. That's because they have a lot to lose and it's understandable, but these brave men of substance on rivals are asking them to fight harder I guess.
The problem with your take is that it is not my battle, so no one is fighting my battles for me. I am supporting the women and the volleyball teams that ARE fighting their battle for themselves, by agreeing with them.

The problem with your take is that it is not my battle, so no one is fighting my battles for me. I am supporting the women and the volleyball teams that ARE fighting their battle for themselves, by agreeing with them.
Then no one was talking to you, but thanks for chiming in. Other people in here are using it as a proxie culture war and want someone else to take the bullet for them so they can get the result they want.

They aren’t giving a reason they are just forfeiting and there was a 4th school who has done the same.

What do you mean what do I propose? I propose people that feel this strongly about it should get out there in the public sphere and do something rather than ask a bunch of college girls to fight their battles for them. I don't care much about the issue itself honestly, but I do care about a bunch of keyboard warriors asking other people to make a bunch of sacrifices for them so I will call them cowards.
As to your final question, if they are going to use the argument that they are super concerned about this issue and how it affects women (rather than just not wanting certain segments of the population to get a W, which is what I suspect it's really about), then yes, they should actually care about womens sports rather than just when it's convenient for them.
For shits sake. You can’t give a simple example or two of what they can be doing, they just need to get out there and do it! You’re showing yourself more and more to be a clown. You think this is about people trying to prevent “a certain segment of the population” from being happy? How do you know that and why would you think that? The merits do matter you dolt. You don”t get to say “they dont care about women’s sports so why would they care about this” out of one side of your mouth and out the other side say “they just want these dudes to take a W.” Of course, that is going to be totally lost on you. As if people (other than progressives [no offense to you personally]) just need to go out and try to make others unhappy because they disagree with them? There’s no principle, no sound reasoning (in common sense, societal norms, science, religion, everything) to be in opposition? If that’s the case, I would argue that those who are opposed to dudes playing a girls sport are doing so in support of the girls who are getting the shaft (no pun intended) because of the dudes that play the sport. You see, we are pro-biology, pro-society, pro-sensibility, pro-equity, and you seem to be against all of those things, or at the very least don’t seem to understand them.

You don’t know what you are doing, you just know you need to be upset about this for some reason.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Then no one was talking to you, but thanks for chiming in. Other people in here are using it as a proxie culture war and want someone else to take the bullet for them so they can get the result they want.
What? Unless they are a DI female volleyball player in the MWC, it isn't their battle either. Simply stating that the people charged with making the rules, need to either enforce the rules or change the name of the game to coed volleyball isn't the big deal you seem to want to make it out to be.

For shits sake. You can’t give a simple example or two of what they can be doing, they just need to get out there and do it! You’re showing yourself more and more to be a clown. You think this is about people trying to prevent “a certain segment of the population” from being happy? How do you know that and why would you think that? The merits do matter you dolt. You don”t get to say “they dont care about women’s sports so why would they care about this” out of one side of your mouth and out the other side say “they just want these dudes to take a W.” Of course, that is going to be totally lost on you. As if people (other than progressives [no offense to you personally]) just need to go out and try to make others unhappy because they disagree with them? There’s no principle, no sound reasoning (in common sense, societal norms, science, religion, everything) to be in opposition? If that’s the case, I would argue that those who are opposed to dudes playing a girls sport are doing so in support of the girls who are getting the shaft (no pun intended) because of the dudes that play the sport. You see, we are pro-biology, pro-society, pro-sensibility, pro-equity, and you seem to be against all of those things, or at the very least don’t seem to understand them.

You don’t know what you are doing, you just know you need to be upset about this for some reason.
I'm worried about the comprehension level on this site. I don't care about the issue itself at all, it could be people upset about NIL, or the NFL stacking too many games in the morning and not enough in the afternoon, or the lack of original recipe Hydrox on store shelves. Whatever the issue is that you are upset about, you should fight the battle and not ask other people to do the work for you. If you want things in society a certain way, its up to you to fight for it, not be okay with asking others to do the work.

What? Unless they are a DI female volleyball player in the MWC, it isn't their battle either. Simply stating that the people charged with making the rules, need to either enforce the rules or change the name of the game to coed volleyball isn't the big deal you seem to want to make it out to be.
You're not actually pretending that this issue is JUST about volleyball right? People care about this in a very deep way as a proxy battle for all sorts of culture war issues. There's no way you missed that, you're being silly now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT