ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Vasectomy

Yeah, but how do you chart your horniness? Is that a word?
It's a whopping 7-9 days of abstinence. No fun at the time...but much fun later.Winking Even Men's Health mag suggests 10 days of abstinence for a more verile sex life. Come to think of it, I am not sure how my wife has been able to control herself all these years...:(

Reactions: WHCSC
My wife and I have been successfully and easily charting her fertility for 19 years. Simple. Takes about 2 hours to learn how. Nobody getting spayed or neutered at our house. Did I mention it is free?

I'd rather be able to do it anytime, but that's just me. I have not had it done. I'd consider it. Still funny to read comments like, "size of basketball" and "fist in crotch".
pQZ6QaY.png

Who's had one? I'm getting snipped on Friday, and was curious when you gents went back to working out, running, etc. Some of my buddies have told me they felt almost a pulling in their lower abdomen for a few weeks, but was curious what others thought.
Had one twenty years ago, with no problems. My wife and I are both glad I did it.

My wife and I have been successfully and easily charting her fertility for 19 years. Simple. Takes about 2 hours to learn how. Nobody getting spayed or neutered at our house. Did I mention it is free?
I’m into a lot of kinky kinds of sex but premeditated sex crosses the line

Who's had one? I'm getting snipped on Friday, and was curious when you gents went back to working out, running, etc. Some of my buddies have told me they felt almost a pulling in their lower abdomen for a few weeks, but was curious what others thought.

Should've put it off a couple more weeks - a bag of frozen peas and a remote for the bowl season would be your two best friends

I refuse to get one. I have heard more bad stories than pleasant. lol

I never had one either and I am also glad I never did. Never got anyone pregnant when I was out chasing around. Got married when I was almost 43 and my wife was 34. The kid thing never happened for us. I do have a really good friend who is my age and went the family route right out of college. He had a vasectomy sometime around his mid-thirties. He always told me not to have it done. He's a pretty clear thinker and doesn't just say random stuff. He thinks his sex drive was effected and not for the good. Not sure if any of you guys experienced the samething as he did.

I never had one either and I am also glad I never did. Never got anyone pregnant when I was out chasing around. Got married when I was almost 43 and my wife was 34. The kid thing never happened for us. I do have a really good friend who is my age and went the family route right out of college. He had a vasectomy sometime around his mid-thirties. He always told me not to have it done. He's a pretty clear thinker and doesn't just say random stuff. He thinks his sex drive was affected and not for the good. Not sure if any of you guys experienced the same thing as he did.

I have heard the same thing too that it can affect your sex drive afterwards. I've considered having it done (vasectomy), and would be fine to have it done but I won't do it at the expense of the enjoyment of sex with my wife.

to each his own, and even though i thought about it once for a while, i wouldn't do it...

Four words: His Ter Eck Tummy

er wait one word Hysterectomy. Winner winner no period dinner. And winner winner no cutty the nutsuck dinner.

It's a whopping 7-9 days of abstinence. No fun at the time...but much fun later.Winking Even Men's Health mag suggests 10 days of abstinence for a more verile sex life. Come to think of it, I am not sure how my wife has been able to control herself all these years...:(
Yeah...that article was written by a woman.

Reactions: ZaneHickey
Should've put it off a couple more weeks - a bag of frozen peas and a remote for the bowl season would be your two best friends

Had to get it in by the end of the year. Had a baby, so its free! But I agree with you.

Not to discourage you, but here's my story:

The first ball went great, no pain at all. I half sat up and watched the procedure, asked questions, no big deal. The 2nd ball, not so much. The first snip felt like the doctor had put a pair of vice grips on ole lefty and pulled him down to my knee. Within 60 seconds I was in a cold sweat and went into mild shock. Turns out, there was a miscommunication on who was supposed to administer the anesthetic and it just didnt happen, so yeah, I had a ball snipped with no pain killer.

After that, smooth sailing. Went out for a birthday party that night and was back at work climbing a ladder the next day. Didn't so much as take an ibuprofen, so obviously everyone is different when it comes to healing.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
Not to discourage you, but here's my story:

The first ball went great, no pain at all. I half sat up and watched the procedure, asked questions, no big deal. The 2nd ball, not so much. The first snip felt like the doctor had put a pair of vice grips on ole lefty and pulled him down to my knee. Within 60 seconds I was in a cold sweat and went into mild shock. Turns out, there was a miscommunication on who was supposed to administer the anesthetic and it just didnt happen, so yeah, I had a ball snipped with no pain killer.

After that, smooth sailing. Went out for a birthday party that night and was back at work climbing a ladder the next day. Didn't so much as take an ibuprofen, so obviously everyone is different when it comes to healing.

screen name fits...

I had about as easy of a process as I could hope for. The most uncomfortable thing I experienced was laying there fully exposed and 4 female nurses walked in and the doc say 'I thought we would have the entire female staff help out'. 'Now, I am going to put this very cold disinfectant on you'. Honestly, most of the time it was a lot of joking and lighthearted conversation. They played some loud classic rock for me and there was not too much problem with the procedure.

I drove myself home and had a pretty easy recovery. Three days of tender movement(I did actually take a cub scout group on a 2 mile hike the next day, would not advise but no adverse affects for me). 2 weeks of moments where you move and have to catch your breath from a twinge. Find the will power to abstain for 7-10 days from any imaginative or real activities. Play the sympathy card for as much as you can get away with.

I never had one either and I am also glad I never did. Never got anyone pregnant when I was out chasing around. Got married when I was almost 43 and my wife was 34. The kid thing never happened for us. I do have a really good friend who is my age and went the family route right out of college. He had a vasectomy sometime around his mid-thirties. He always told me not to have it done. He's a pretty clear thinker and doesn't just say random stuff. He thinks his sex drive was effected and not for the good. Not sure if any of you guys experienced the samething as he did.
Have heard this as well from a few buddies.

I have heard the same thing too that it can affect your sex drive afterwards. I've considered having it done (vasectomy), and would be fine to have it done but I won't do it at the expense of the enjoyment of sex with my wife.
Wow, I’ve never heard of that. Certainly hasn’t effected my drive.
Mine didn’t go that well, the first side was fine but the second side took a while. He actually stopped and said, “I’m gonna take a break here....I’m in a tug a war with your stomach right now and your pretty white.” For whatever reason that other side didn’t take and it hurt...bad. The worst part was the nurse, she had long finger nails and they were digging in my gooch. There was no numbing there and it really became uncomfortable after a while. Glad I did it tho, was worth the couple hours of misery.

I do not believe sex drive is affected by the procedure itself...most people, men and women, lose that as they age anyway, and look for a reason to blame it on something because nobody wants to admit they don't care about it as much anymore for fear of feeling inadequate or weird.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
I do not believe sex drive is affected by the procedure itself...most people, men and women, lose that as they age anyway, and look for a reason to blame it on something because nobody wants to admit they don't care about it as much anymore for fear of feeling inadequate or weird.
I agree...you can't tell your wife "Yeah...my sex drive is low from that snipping but please don't check my browser history on my computer"

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Had one done last year.

The first side was mind blowing pain for about 10 seconds. The next side didnt feel a thing. You will want to ice that stuff down non stop for about a good 4-5 days.

I didnt feel all normal down there for about 3 weeks or a month.

Had it done one month ago. From the second I walked in to the office until I left was exactly 25 minutes. The process was streamlined to the second. Actually incredible how quickly/smoothly it all went.

I suggest a quick google search. Just make sure to read past page 1.

As for me, I took about 2 weeks to be fully OK. I still have pain in 1 testicle if it's touched or bumped. Some people respond quick and feel nothing. I was not so lucky. Struggled to sit for about 7-10 days. It was very uncomfortable. Not the worst pain in my life (torn Ulnar Collateral Ligament says hello x 2), but really uncomfortable. Peas do work wonders.

But I have to say the scariest thing was having sex the first time. No idea how it would feel or what to expect. lol

Had it done one month ago. From the second I walked in to the office until I left was exactly 25 minutes. The process was streamlined to the second. Actually incredible how quickly/smoothly it all went.

I suggest a quick google search. Just make sure to read past page 1.

As for me, I took about 2 weeks to be fully OK. I still have pain in 1 testicle if it's touched or bumped. Some people respond quick and feel nothing. I was not so lucky. Struggled to sit for about 7-10 days. It was very uncomfortable. Not the worst pain in my life (torn Ulnar Collateral Ligament says hello x 2), but really uncomfortable. Peas do work wonders.

But I have to say the scariest thing was having sex the first time. No idea how it would feel or what to expect. lol

Dude, I still don't know what to expect when I ****.

Just remember, they don’t always work. Trust me been there done that. Keep going back to check until you get a zero on your test.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT