ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Toughest thing to vote for on ballot...

BigRedTony

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2004
Nebraska
Isn't any specific spending measure or politician...to me its the whole death penalty referendum.

While I've done countless hours/days/weeks researching all things politics, which have led me to my choice...I find it difficult to vote on Retaining/Repealing the death penalty.

My goal with this thread is solely to have a thoughtful discussion with anyone willing. I hope folks can be respectful of board rules.

At the heart of this to me isn't anything to do with financial factors of the Death Penalty vs. life imprisonment without parole. Its deeper than that and I'm hoping some others' insight may help me here.

1. LWOP seems to be the more severe punishment to me personally...Prison for these folks are punitive in nature and aren't like what we see on TV/Movies. 'Living' out my life in one of these seems like it'd essentially be torture.
2. Death Penalty while severe and permanent, eliminates long term suffering.

I don't see either as a great choice and as much as I try to put myself in the shoes of others who may have had to live through the pain/suffering caused by someone who is on Death Row or in Prison, I just don't know how I could cast a vote in either direction at this point.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News