ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The man who started me as Husker fan has passed away

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
With a heavy heart my father has finely passed at the age of 97.
My father with a huge heart became a Husker fan in 1962 when Bob Devaney arrived to be head coach of the University of Nebraska..

Went to so many away games and enjoyed the wins in Seattle to Columbia with him and the disappointing losses in Ames, Lawrence and Boulder in 1986 as well..

R.I.P dad I’m going to miss watching Husker football and basketball games with.

My father with a huge heart became a Husker fan in 1962 when Bob Devaney arrived to be head coach of the University of Nebraska..

Went to so many away games and enjoyed the wins in Seattle to Columbia with him and the disappointing losses in Ames, Lawrence and Boulder in 1986 as well..

Sorry to hear. 97 that is a hell of a run . Prayers to the family.May he RIP.

Condolences, Scarlet.

A good parent could pass at 500, and it would still suck.

Peace.

Awww... I'm so sorry for your loss @scarletred You're father lived a lot longer than my father, but I still treasure my Nebraska ballcap and sweatshirt that he gave to me before he passed. Also, I fondly remember the OWH Big Red Package that he had sent to me while I was deployed in the Navy. I did inherit his red & white striped overalls when my mother passed in 2017. Prayers sent up for you. It's never enough time.

Sorry to hear. Prayers to your family. Glad you have great memories with your Dad

You are a fortunate person to live such a long life with your Father. I know your sorrow, my Father passed in 1980 when I was 26. I still miss him although I never knew him as "old." God Bless you and your family at this time.

Prayers to you and the family Scarlet. Sorry for your loss. That is a fantastic full life

No matter how old or how their health was failing it’s still tough to lose lived ones. The sorrow will ease and the memories will grow fonder as time passes. Best wishes to you and your family.

The first one without him will be the worst. Expect the tears and even a little guilt watching without him.

I watched my first by myself outside on the pool tv. Didn’t want to be around anyone.

Hadn’t missed more than 3-4 games without him since the late 80s.

It gets a little better but last year after that punt block return for a TD (when they were high fiving) I got a feeling of “we are going to be good again” and I couldn’t share it with him and the tears flowed again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT