ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stone Bath Mats

So I looked these things up. Is there a practical advantage over a traditional bath mat? Or is it just an esthetic thing? I guess it’s cool if it matches the rest of the bathroom. IDK🤷‍♂️

shopping

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
Ha no it’s hard surface. You just stand on a it for a few seconds as you dry off and it drys the bottom of your feet so you don’t track water everywhere. It works.. but I just looked up the price for the one we have and it’s $200 😯. Not worth $200 imo
$60 on Amazon. My dumbass cant copy the link without it being a mile long.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Ha no it’s hard surface. You just stand on a it for a few seconds as you dry off and it drys the bottom of your feet so you don’t track water everywhere. It works.. but I just looked up the price for the one we have and it’s $200 😯. Not worth $200 imo
Dang someone thought highly of you to buy you a 200 dollar bath mat

What's next, shag carpet driveways? Honestly this seems like a marketing department was smoking weed and someone said, "I bet we can sell stone bath mats to these fools" and someone else said, "you're on, you crazy bastard!"

Reactions: Huskers123456
What's next, shag carpet driveways? Honestly this seems like a marketing department was smoking weed and someone said, "I bet we can sell stone bath mats to these fools" and someone else said, "you're on, you crazy bastard!"
I don't believe it's actual stone. It's diatomaceous earth formed into a stable matt shape. Iirc diatomaceous earth really absorbs water. I'm guessing it then slowly naturally evaporates.
I'm guessing their marketing spiel is that it won't get musty and need to be washed like cloth bath mats.

I walked by a truck the other day and a guy was putting the tailgate down. Carpeted truck bed. Maybe the most unmanly thing I've ever seen. So I don't think anything will surprise me after seeing that.

I had never heard of this before this thread

The preposterousness and fact they’re $200+ has me interested

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I didn't believe you, so I googled it. You're factual!

That's the stuff I've sprinkled in my garden around plants. Slugs can't travel over it without getting sliced up & dying. Not sure I want to stand on a bath mat made out of it. 😂
If you put some in your Visine it will exfoliate your inner eyelids.

I don't believe it's actual stone. It's diatomaceous earth formed into a stable matt shape. Iirc diatomaceous earth really absorbs water. I'm guessing it then slowly naturally evaporates.
I'm guessing their marketing spiel is that it won't get musty and need to be washed like cloth bath mats.
Same material they use in pool filters. Way different form obviously.

If you live in the south where it is ridiculously humid like I do these are pretty nice. A regular bath mat will never dry and mildew very fast. I run a dehumidifier in my bathroom 24/7/365

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Uh, just dry off in the shower then hit your feet with a towel as you're walking out.

Same material they use in pool filters. Way different form obviously.

If you live in the south where it is ridiculously humid like I do these are pretty nice. A regular bath mat will never dry and mildew very fast. I run a dehumidifier in my bathroom 24/7/365
My wife and kids refuse to dry off in the shower when they're done. They ALWAYS get out when they're sopping wet to dry off, which of course completely soaks the bath mat & the floor around it.

At this point I think they continue to do it just to drive me nuts.

My wife and kids refuse to dry off in the shower when they're done. They ALWAYS get out when they're sopping wet to dry off, which of course completely soaks the bath mat & the floor around it.

At this point I think they continue to do it just to drive me nuts.
You can’t fix stupid

Hey, that's my wife and kids you're talking about.
Back in the day when my teenage kids did that, I just went in the basement and about 1/2 way through their shower,
I'd shut the water off. After they each got a dose of that, they were happy to comply.

Never had to do that with my wife in the shower, she was a quick learner, and she knew I didn't play favorites.
(That was one of several things I never did with my wife in the shower.) sonofabitch

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerO
Back in the day when my teenage kids did that, I just went in the basement and about 1/2 way through their shower,
I'd shut the water off. After they each got a dose of that, they were happy to comply.

Never had to do that with my wife in the shower, she was a quick learner, and she knew I didn't play favorites.
(That was one of several things I never did with my wife in the shower.) sonofabitch
My kids who take showers are only 10 & 7 so they're given a little more grace.

With 5 kids, shower sex is about all my wife & I can squeeze in!

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT