ADVERTISEMENT

OT: State basketball - ref show

That right there is a technical foul. That is one that should have been called. And yes, that's a dirty move made by the kind of guy who may be dumb enough to spin around and try to cheap shot a kid at the end of the game. I still didn't see enough to warrant it and I doubt that the official who made the call did either, but in the very least, that kid had a lot of bad karma. Act that way long enough and it will catch up to you.
Yeah, it is difficult to analyze a single call in a vacuum. It is unfortunate that the game ended like that. That's why refs need ro reign that stuff in sooner and get control of the game.

Interesting this thread has reached this length amd I say that because it seems like such an obvious foul to me I don't understand the controversy....if the best defense to not calling that is the amount of time left in the game then it makes me want to know how much time needs to be left before you call that...and who gets to decide that?

Interesting this thread has reached this length amd I say that because it seems like such an obvious foul to me I don't understand the controversy....if the best defense to not calling that is the amount of time left in the game then it makes me want to know how much time needs to be left before you call that...and who gets to decide that?
Very true. I can't stand most final 2 minutes of a game. Refs tend to call things totally different than the rest of the game.

Can't stand make-up calls either. 2 wrongs don't make a right

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Lol, the ref had a clear view of what happened. The Shelton player, Santee player & ref weren't in a straight line where the ref couldn't see what happened.

No one is saying the Shelton kid didn't flop. Everyone is saying that yes, he did indeed flop.

Why do you keep saying the official didn't see anything that warranted a penalty? Clearly he did. And since the ball wasnt even in play yet, he clearly thinks the action warranted a foul. Had the Santee player waited, he probably doesn't get called.

Make the same call on a different game? I have no idea. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Neither of us know & I'm not sure why that matters? He'd either be consistent with his reffing or not in that case.
This is actually the first video I saw of it , the people that said the official couldn’t or didn’t see it are full of shit. FYI fir you people whe the official hands the ball to the player his eye are actually on the floor.

Reactions: huskerfan66
This is actually the first video I saw of it , the people that said the official couldn’t or didn’t see it are full of shit. FYI fir you people whe the official hands the ball to the player his eye are actually on the floor.
Yup AND he's literally facing that direction. On the tv camera shot from the baseline, you can see the officials eyes looking right at those 2

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Watching class A championship. Don't think 35 second clock affecting scoring much. 19-9 with 2 minutes to go in first half

Last edited:
Very true. I can't stand most final 2 minutes of a game. Refs tend to call things totally different than the rest of the game.

Can't stand make-up calls either. 2 wrongs don't make a right
Oh my God we are blood brothers

Need to check birth certificates on a couple bell west players. Dang men among boys

This has been one of the most unimpressive state tournaments I can remember. Talent level seems way down compared to just a few years ago.
Compared to 2 years ago every year is going to be considered a drop in Talent level, that was a year we might not see in Nebraska again with those Dude’s, Hunter and Chucky etc..

Reactions: HuskerO
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT