ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Spring Break

Texas is great - Dallas has tons of activities - San Antonio has a 6 flags and awesome water park attached to sea world.

Reactions: Jaemekon
I flew into Orlando last week to go watch my son play baseball, and I was hoping for a plane full of hot co-eds. Instead it was a plane full of sniveling kids going to Disney. Shoulda seen that one coming.
We are headed to Miami tomorrow to get on a cruise. I hate cruising, but the weather looks fantastic and my kids love it so is what it is. We are in FLL for two days before we head out so might get to scope a little bit of the younger talent.

I was just down in Nashville/Knoxville watching my daughter play Ohio State and Tennessee in softball. That was our spring break. Pretty cool place. We lost but not as bad as one would think. OSU 5-3 and 6-3. Tenn. 6-0. Tenn pitched their ace too.

By the way, Their football stadium was surprisingly crappy and old.

I was just down in Nashville/Knoxville watching my daughter play Ohio State and Tennessee in softball. That was our spring break. Pretty cool place. We lost but not as bad as one would think. OSU 5-3 and 6-3. Tenn. 6-0. Tenn pitched their ace too.

By the way, Their football stadium was surprisingly crappy and old.

I've heard the same thing about their football stadium.

I flew into Orlando last week to go watch my son play baseball, and I was hoping for a plane full of hot co-eds. Instead it was a plane full of sniveling kids going to Disney. Shoulda seen that one coming.
Spring break for college kids seems to be all the gulf shores Alabama now.

Back when I was in college it was Daytona Beach and South Padre

Reactions: leodisflowers
FL spring break has gotten kind of ghetto. Panama City might still be a fun, “safe” haven for college kids but I wouldn’t recommend south Florida.
Yeah, it seems like in the last 20+ years that is just totally changed.

Also, a lot of students, HS students, go to resorts now.

Texas is allergic to smooth roads. It's in their constitution or something.
Low property tax and no income tax = no money at county level to maintain roads.

The other thing i noticed was the extraordinary amount of mattresses laying along the side of the road. WTF

Texas has high ass property tax dude
Oh nm. I was told that everyone is moving to texas because of the low taxes. Guess it must be the high quality roads and cleanliness that are bringing them in.

I was surprised to see that that dastardly california is only slightly behind Texas in taxes in effective tax rates.

I stand corrected.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Since I have a lot business travel coming up, I highly recommend any trip that doesn't involve taking kids through the Denver airport.

Reactions: Streamer15
Oh nm. I was told that everyone is moving to texas because of the low taxes. Guess it must be the high quality roads and cleanliness that are bringing them in.

I was surprised to see that that dastardly california is only slightly behind Texas in taxes in effective tax rates.

I stand corrected.

Yeah it’s wild. Some areas have an effective property tax of 3%. So a median priced home equates to close to 1,000 monthly payment, but on the flip side these keep home prices down.

CA rewards people who bought a home for 200k 20 years ago and now they are paying taxes like it’s still worth 200k but it’s actually a multimillion dollar house. So someone living in a shitty house they just purchased are paying way more in property taxes then said millionaire in his mansion. This is not a good system for millennials and zoomers

Yeah it’s wild. Some areas have an effective property tax of 3%. So a median priced home equates to close to 1,000 monthly payment, but on the flip side these keep home prices down.

CA rewards people who bought a home for 200k 20 years ago and now they are paying taxes like it’s still worth 200k but it’s actually a multimillion dollar house. So someone living in a shitty house they just purchased are paying way more in property taxes then said millionaire in his mansion. This is not a good system for millennials and zoomers
Yeah Texas is ridiculous. When we were in Spring, TX or property tax was 2.4, when we moved to Katy it was 3.3. Yes it is nice having no income tax, but that property tax sucks. The good thing was Houston had cheap housing and still does.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Yeah Texas is ridiculous. When we were in Spring, TX or property tax was 2.4, when we moved to Katy it was 3.3. Yes it is nice having no income tax, but that property tax sucks. The good thing was Houston had cheap housing and still does.
Yep that’s the good thing about a high tax rate. People can’t finance that piece so it keeps prices down. Personally I would love for FL to raise to 3% and watch home prices crash back to reality 🤣

Reactions: leodisflowers
Yep that’s the good thing about a high tax rate. People can’t finance that piece so it keeps prices down. Personally I would love for FL to raise to 3% and watch home prices crash back to reality 🤣
Florida is crazy right now. I actually left my company because they were going to move us to Florida. I like Florida a lot, but the prices were stupid and our current interest rate is like 2.4. Wasn't going to by at 7% on a severely inflated house.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT