ADVERTISEMENT

OT South Park

Anyone watch the panderverse? Pretty funny.

@king_kong_ - trigger warning. They make fun of Disney stock crashing 🤣🤣
I was told they were fine.

Edit: I'm sure I'll be told they are worth like billions and stuff. And its true. And as any good business person knows, losing hundreds of millions of dollars is good business. Just a tax write off.

Last edited:
Trey and Rob (is that right?) are really bright. And, since they are crazy rich they can do exactly what they want, which makes it even funnier.

Reactions: StPeteSkers
Anyone watch the panderverse? Pretty funny.

@king_kong_ - trigger warning. They make fun of Disney stock crashing 🤣🤣
@StPeteSkers
giphy.gif

Remaking movies for agenda was supposed to make them money.
Like, did we REALLY need a remake of Haunted Mansion? Wasn't it full of diversity and actual talent the first time around?

Reactions: baseball31ne
$DIS up 7% after nice earnings AH yesterday - best single day for the ticker in 3 years

another 100%+ calls gainer

good opportunity for shorts to place cheap bets down around $80 strike!

$DIS up 7% after nice earnings AH yesterday - best single day for the ticker in 3 years

Keep polishing that turd Kong .. you’d make the B1G proud.. Mich should hire you for damage control

DIS down 43% over past two years 😯

you're welcome for the chance to buy PUTS on sale for the first time since 2020

do what you will with this info. I know I will.

*not a financial advisor*
Good point.. I’m sitting on the sidelines but a short sounds good on this stock

It's so obvious nowadays when the cast of a film is based on a racial or gender quota. I tend to avoid those films.

It’s unauthentic and in some cases straight up disingenuous. You can attempt to suspend your disbelief, you can try, but we all know the girl that kicks the shit out of 100 muscled up dudes with guns is just a bridge too far. People with real problems, like the hostages in Gaza (and/or any people engaged in real life or death situations) aren’t hoping the person that rescues them is a hot 110 lb gay woman of color. They’re hoping the badest ass mother fvcker in the IDF bust through the door or the smart diplomat negotiates their release.

Do you want your movie to be realistic? Or do you just want the vocal 10% to fawn over your superbly tolerant DEI rating? I think the tide is turning back towards making movies for normal people. (The normal 90%) Still have a ways to go, but the financial worm has begun to turn. Jmo

Reactions: GBRforLife1

Was down Abt 30% this year...

It’s unauthentic and in some cases straight up disingenuous. You can attempt to suspend your disbelief, you can try, but we all know the girl that kicks the shit out of 100 muscled up dudes with guns is just a bridge too far. People with real problems, like the hostages in Gaza (and/or any people engaged in real life or death situations) aren’t hoping the person that rescues them is a hot 110 lb gay woman of color. They’re hoping the badest ass mother fvcker in the IDF bust through the door or the smart diplomat negotiates their release.

Do you want your movie to be realistic? Or do you just want the vocal 10% to fawn over your superbly tolerant DEI rating? I think the tide is turning back towards making movies for normal people. (The normal 90%) Still have a ways to go, but the financial worm has begun to turn. Jmo
I dont like going into any movie with bias. But here I am. Its ruined movies for me. In a movie, anything should be possible. Used to be, I did not think about color or sex orientation or any crap like that.
If a movie is good, its good.
I dont want to be clubbed over the head with social messages either. I want to escape when I watch a movie.
Also, there are no new ideas. The remakes blow chunks.
Im really having a hard time coming to grips with "is it me being an old man now, or are they all really this bad?".

Was down Abt 30% this year...
I know. I don't own any shares, I only trade short term options (calls & puts) in the weeks leading up to and following their earnings reports.

the people here who think I stump for the company/stock are just tilting at windmills, though I do find the recent report that NFL/NBA equity stakes are on the table with ESPN Bet interesting.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
I know. I don't own any shares, I only trade short term options (calls & puts) in the weeks leading up to and following their earnings reports.

the people here who think I stump for the company/stock are just tilting at windmills.
I didn't think that, just making the observation that they've been hammered since they hit a multi-year high a few years ago.

It's been a good buy around $80.

Tough to say if Iger really has the energy to improve anything.

Reactions: king_kong_

the people here who think I stump for the company/stock are just tilting at windmills, though I do find the recent report that NFL/NBA equity stakes are on the table with ESPN Bet interesting.
I could have swore you said you were long Disney … but that was quite a few bourbons ago so I could be misremembering.. anywho.. the kong has earned the benefit of doubt

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT