ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shogun and Fallout

90sman

Walk On
Nov 5, 2023
Anyone watch these shows? What do you think?

I went into both with no foreknowledge from the prior series/book and video games, respectively.

Shogun is great in terms of production values. I really appreciate the work it takes to make things look awesome. To me, the writing and pacing makes it feel like there are gaps...like characters disappear for long stretches, seemingly important threads are dropped or quickly resolved. Overall - have enjoyed. 7/10

Fallout, on the other hand, is good and getting better and better as it goes (6 eps in...2 to go). Lots to praise, though not perfect. 8.5/10 for me right now.

Reactions: Redblood23
Watched Shogun and it's damn good if you don't mind reading the subtitles a lot. Lol. Great story character development through season 1

Only saw the first episode of fallout but even that was decent..

My buddy recommended Shogun and he’s on to Fallout now. Just started watching Shogun and really like it early on - almost through the 2nd episode.

3 Body Problem on Netflix is super good too I thought.

Reactions: 90sman
Just started Shogun. It's ok.

Not a big fan of having to read my shows. #subtitles

Fallout was pretty good. Walton Goggins turning into the good guy wasn't expected.

I expect Fauci will make a cameo at Vaultec.

My buddy recommended Shogun and he’s on to Fallout now. Just started watching Shogun and really like it early on - almost through the 2nd episode.

3 Body Problem on Netflix is super good too I thought.
Also really enjoyed 3 Body Problem.

Reactions: puff1
Shogon is on my list to watch next. I just started Fallout. First 2 episodes great. Great enough it made me start playing fallout 3 for the first time in probably 10 years or more.

Fallout was pretty good. Walton Goggins turning into the good guy wasn't expected.

If you don't like subtitles, there is an English dub. debating if ill do that or subtitles.

Reactions: 90sman

I used to hate subtitles as well. Until I had kids, and my wife and I would often watch shows very quietly while we had a little one asleep in the middle. Now I frequently turn on captions even for shows in English.

I got over it completely when we watched this German show called "Dark". It was so amazing it was totally worth it.

I have really enjoyed Shogun. I don't mind subtitles and am intrigued by listening to the sound of the Japanese language.

I remember watching a Shogun mini-series when I was 15 or so (1975ish). The three main characters (Anjin, Mariko, Lord Toronaga?) are the same but I don't remember the story line at all from 1975 so I don't know if it's the same or not. I would assume that it's basically the same.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Fallout series really explained things and I may start Fallout 4 after tomorrow's update. Crazy good lore.

Glad they went with a likable female lead. No fauxhawk wearing fraud.

Also really enjoyed 3 Body Problem.
The first few episodes were really good, the last half of the season wasn't very good in my opinion. The woman that created the nano technology can kill herself anytime. The sooner the better. Shogun is the best show I have seen in quite a while, although the ending was a little anti-climatic. Will be starting Fallout soon.

Reactions: MargotDeeper
I have really enjoyed Shogun. I don't mind subtitles and am intrigued by listening to the sound of the Japanese language.

I remember watching a Shogun mini-series when I was 15 or so (1975ish). The three main characters (Anjin, Mariko, Lord Toronaga?) are the same but I don't remember the story line at all from 1975 so I don't know if it's the same or not. I would assume that it's basically the same.
I think it was 1980.

The first few episodes were really good, the last half of the season wasn't very good in my opinion. The woman that created the nano technology can kill herself anytime. The sooner the better. Shogun is the best show I have seen in quite a while, although the ending was a little anti-climatic. Will be starting Fallout soon.
I just don’t expect much from shows, so if I am interested somewhat through 8 episodes that’s about all I can ask. Agreed on that character.

We’ve watched 4 episodes of Fallout and I like it. Walton Goggins is enough for me to be interested.

I just don’t expect much from shows, so if I am interested somewhat through 8 episodes that’s about all I can ask. Agreed on that character.

We’ve watched 4 episodes of Fallout and I like it. Walton Goggins is enough for me to be interested.
Goggins is always awesome!

• Love
Reactions: 90sman and mgbreis
Shogun is great. Fallout is weird and can't figure out what it wants to be; not a fan.
Fallout is inspired by MadMax. Alternate history after WW2 leads to the Earth getting nuked in 2077. 122 Vaults and surface dwellers and different factions take root.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT