ADVERTISEMENT

OT orthotics/arch supports

otismotis08

Head Coach
Jan 5, 2012
parts unknown
Have lower back problems (surgery 10+ years ago) and recently my feet have been painful especially when first getting up. I tend to walk on the outside parts of my feet. Anyone find orthotics or arch supports helpful? Was thinking about going to the good feet store but seems a bit pricey and overblown. Drug store arch supports seem unlikely to help. Any suggestions?

Have lower back problems (surgery 10+ years ago) and recently my feet have been painful especially when first getting up. I tend to walk on the outside parts of my feet. Anyone find orthotics or arch supports helpful? Was thinking about going to the good feet store but seems a bit pricey and overblown. Drug store arch supports seem unlikely to help. Any suggestions?
I have had some issues with foot pain. Tried orthotics. They were great until they weren’t, which was about one week. Cheap ones, expensive ones, it makes no difference. They all suck after a very short period of time. Sad to say... there are no good solutions to foot pain. I have just learned to live with it. Good shoes are your best option. I bought a pair of Red Wing boots that give good support.

Go to a podiatrist and get a fitting. It will cost money but its worth it. Your feet are the foundation. Think of it like a house. If the foundation goes bad then everything else sucks too.

Back knees hips and feet will all be much better

Go to a podiatrist and get a fitting. It will cost money but its worth it. Your feet are the foundation. Think of it like a house. If the foundation goes bad then everything else sucks too.

Back knees hips and feet will all be much better
I went to a podiatrist and got a fitting. Spent $300 on orthotics. They wore out in 10 days. Worthless crap.

I repeat: just get a really good pair of shoes/boots

not all foot problems are created equal. with that being said. most foot problems are a combination of poor control of ligamentous and tendon support structure, gradual increase in body weight, and change in behavior or activity. most definately go to a podiatrist or a physical therapist that specializes in foot and orthotic care. start modifying your nutrition and follow the physical therapists instruction to improve flexibility at the ankle and muscular control of your subtalar joint. remember a great orthotic is not very effective if your footwear is poor--so change your foot wear as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT