ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA Playoffs

Don’t have as much interest in the NBA like I did with Bird and Magic plus Jordan, so I don’t watch as much as I us to.

Stephon Curry is very fun to watch and is my favorite player..

LeBron and AD played about as well as you can expect them to play, and it still wasn't enough. Nuggets are just the better team. Lakers once again had a chance to close it out by the end of the 3rd and blew it.

Reactions: 90sman
A couple shaky calls at the end for the Knicks , but am exciting game.
Yeah the Pacers didn’t really make enough plays down the stretch. I just hate to see a guy get rewarded for throwing himself to the floor like he’s been shot by a sniper.

Reactions: Big bo fan
Yeah the Pacers didn’t really make enough plays down the stretch. I just hate to see a guy get rewarded for throwing himself to the floor like he’s been shot by a sniper.
The announcer’s were literally saying a great acting job.

T-Wolves just manhandling the Nuggets. This series might be over quickly.
I've been in Minnesota a lot the last few weeks watching baseball and everywhere I turn I see people glued to NBA games at the stadium, bars, restaurants, etc. That and talking about the Twins' pet sausage or something.

I've been in Minnesota a lot the last few weeks watching baseball and everywhere I turn I see people glued to NBA games at the stadium, bars, restaurants, etc. That and talking about the Twins' pet sausage or something.
Maybe the T-Wolves' drubbing of the Nuggets will put Twin Cities residents in such a good mood, you'll make it out alive! :cool:

I grew up watching the NBA in the 90's and it was awesome in every way. From an entertainment standpoint, it was the best. I don't enjoy watching the league today.

But even I can admit that, objectively, the caliber of players today is incredible. The defense is actually so much better than it has ever been; the offense in terms of player shot-making ability is just insane now, and just about every guy on the floor can score.

And the league is so much deeper with talent that I think you won't see the rivalries anymore - that and roster movement. It really prevents 2 teams from dominating the league for a decade.

I grew up watching the NBA in the 90's and it was awesome in every way. From an entertainment standpoint, it was the best. I don't enjoy watching the league today.

But even I can admit that, objectively, the caliber of players today is incredible. The defense is actually so much better than it has ever been; the offense in terms of player shot-making ability is just insane now, and just about every guy on the floor can score.

And the league is so much deeper with talent that I think you won't see the rivalries anymore - that and roster movement. It really prevents 2 teams from dominating the league for a decade.
Players aren't better the rules have changed and allowed a lot more. Different skill sets are focused on.

Yes to the 2nd part, but no to the first. Look at those Bulls rosters from the mid-90's. Half those guys would not sniff the league today.

7 footers who can shoot ftom the outside couldnt play today? Bulls had 3 on their roster.

Many of the bigs today could not play then. Cause they have no low post game.

3 and D was started in the 90s.

Different skills and rules are the difference. Plus these guys are dumb asf.

7 footers who can shoot ftom the outside couldnt play today? Bulls had 3 on their roster.

Many of the bigs today could not play then. Cause they have no low post game.

3 and D was started in the 90s.

Different skills and rules are the difference. Plus these guys are dumb asf.
The Bulls did not have multiple 7 footers that could shoot the ball from the outside. And none of the Bulls bigs had a low post game either.

The Bulls did not have multiple 7 footers that could shoot the ball from the outside. And none of the Bulls bigs had a low post game either.
Bill Wennington 6-11
Luc Longley 7-3
Toni Kukoc 6-11 would have been perfect for this league.

The bigs for the Bulls were brought in for defense against Shaq and other 7 footers not their low post game.

They had the best low post scorer in the game already. Jordan.

The 90s was still a big mans league.

The Bulls were the exception because of Jordan. Changed the league into what it is today. Perimeter centric.

Last edited:
Bill Wennington 6-11
Luc Longley 7-3
Toni Kukoc 6-11 would have been perfect for this league.

The bigs for the Bulls were brought in for defense against Shaq and other 7 footers not their low post game.

They had the best low post scorer in the game already. Jordan.

The 90s was still a big mans league.

The Bulls were the exception because of Jordan. Changed the league into what it is today. Perimeter centric.
Defense against Shaq?

You sure it wasn’t against Wilt or Kareem?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT