ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Man bun with shaved sides

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
Evidently, this is a thing. I thought the man bun craze died out in 2018. Now, I've seen multiple co-workers sport styles like this. Is this popular in Nebraska?

Qhikqpj.jpg

One of my coworkers has his hair like that. He kinda looks like the dude who plays John Lorens in Hamilton.

I haven't been to the barber since February, I think I've officially passed the longest my hair ever was in college by now. I won't be shaving the sides but I'm working on a nice "Miami Vice" vibe. Gotta resist the urge to trim the sides or that's how you take a wrong turn to Mullet Town.

Wife is liking the longer hair so no plans to cut it. I don't have enough to put it up yet though.

I'm definitely not used to the sensation of my hair grazing the top of my shoulder, I always think there's a bug on me. I've gotten used to it touching the front of my ears. I remember how weird it felt when I cut it short again in college to walk out of the shop and feel the wind on the back of my neck.

Ha! That is nearly exactly what I look like now. Haven't been to a barber since feb. Went to shave my head (first time ever at 45). I made it a mohawk. The old lady had never used clippers before, there was blood...... a couple of places. For the cut she put my hair up to see like that so she could make clean lines. The top is now the longest my hair has been in a long time. With my hat on it looks like a classic Mullet. No more man buns since the cut though. Promise

My Freshman son has decided to go the way of the mullet, albeit a floppy mullet... He competes in Pole Vault down here in Texas and his hair is constantly in his eyes while he's on a flight. He's about going to have to go the "man bun" route... sad as that is... If I know him though, he'll yank it out right after competition

Coming of age stuff, trying out different identities. Completely normal for young guys. Mostly, trying to see if girls like this style on them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT