ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Is “Corny” a Pejorative?

Or a pleasant colloquialism? What say you?

• Total voters
Everybody loves corny dad jokes and corny underdog stories and corny romantic gestures, but some people don’t like being called corny

I'd imagine like most things it just depends on the person. i view corny as wholesome.

Reactions: king_kong_
Context, like with most words is important. I can see people not liking being called “corny” but if you’re anything more than annoyed by it there’s probably more wrong with you than the person calling you corny.

Definitely wouldn’t make my list of “offensive” terms by any stretch. But my list is pretty small, probably smaller than most.😏

Thanks for voting!

So far you’re the only softie who admits to being triggered by this word

@Jaemekon voted yes but clearly believes B or C by his comment
Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

I thought results would be confidential☹️

• Haha
I’m sure you were complimenting Matt Rhule when you called him a corn ball..just like when you called him a coward and a liar. You’re basically known for showering him with terms of endearment.

Last edited:
I’m sure you were complimenting Matt Rhule when you called him a corn ball..just like when you called him a coward and a liar. You’re basically known for showering him with terms of endearment.
You’re still thinking about this?

Haha passive aggressive by Kong again. Never change Kong to comical.
@SomedayHusker got big mad when I called his preposterous hypothetical preposterous and has been attacking me ever since

8 straight hours of him brooding and a Sunday ruined could’ve been avoided by simply posting better thoughts

Hard to watch

Purdue 106
top Kong 67
That’ll happen when you have the courage to post your picks

Big day for B1G fans. Been a while since you’ve seen your beloved league send a 1-seed to the second weekend.

That’ll happen when you have the courage to post your picks

Big day for B1G fans. Been a while since you’ve seen your beloved league send a 1-seed to the second weekend.
Why post here if you hate it so much?

Why post here if you hate it so much?
is this the B1G board?

because I thought it was the Nebraska board - a school, program and fanbase that will never, ever truly belong. and that's a very, very good thing.

@SomedayHusker got big mad when I called his preposterous hypothetical preposterous and has been attacking me ever since

8 straight hours of him brooding and a Sunday ruined could’ve been avoided by simply posting better thoughts

Hard to watch
You made a whole new thread and poll out of a tiny piece of our conversation. This is only partly why no one can take you seriously.

You made a whole new thread and poll out of a tiny piece of our conversation. This is only partly why no one can take you seriously.
your triggered reaction made me very curious what others thought

for a moment I thought I'd been using the word incorrectly for a long time

turns out, it was a basic misunderstanding of the nuances of the English language fueled by a flood of emotion after being sent back to the kid's table

just as I suspected

I make an incredible jalapeño sweet corn casserole btw. Pepper Jack cheese, smoked jalapeños, jiffy corn muffin mix and creamed sweet corn are the key ingredients.

• Love
your triggered reaction made me very curious what others thought

for a moment I thought I'd been using the word incorrectly for a long time

turns out, it was a basic misunderstanding of the nuances of the English language fueled by a flood of emotion after being sent back to the kid's table

just as I suspected
Glad this thread helped you understand the language better 👍🏼 because otherwise the board doesn’t seem to be super into it.

"Hey, son, (as we approach a RR crossing sign) it looks like a train just went by. Do you know how I know?" Son, "No, how?" Me: "He just left his tracks".

Classic corny dad joke.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT