ADVERTISEMENT

OT: In laws Covid story

I got tested by CVS on Friday. Told me results in 3 to 10 days. No word yet. What a farce.

The daughter needed one to get back in the dorms at school, went to a local redi-clinic in town and got one of them instant tests.

Also had a co worker go get one at a drive up white tent place at another redi-clinic type place. They gave her the swab, told her to go back in her car, stick it up her nose and bring it back. ha ha ha ha where is the chain of custody requirements? Definitely some crazy stuff with this deal.

Reactions: dinglefritz
If a person’s life revolves around going to bars or watching sports.. well.. it sounds like you’re already dead.

Cool story bro

Also, when you start a sentence with "if a person's life" you needed to finish your sentence with...it sounds like they're already dead. That way you have proper agreement OR you could change the start of the sentence to read.....If your life revolves around....then finish it off with you're already dead. Either way, just not the way you wrote it.

No charge for the writing lesson.

Last edited:
Reactions: leodisflowers
Close relative, an obese 73 year old, cancer survivor, thought she had allergies, lost taste/smell for 8-10 days, and fully recovered.

20 year old nephew had a fever for a couple hours, tested positive (went because knew he had been exposed) and recovered fully.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Close relative, an obese 73 year old, cancer survivor, thought she had allergies, lost taste/smell for 8-10 days, and fully recovered.

20 year old nephew had a fever for a couple hours, tested positive (went because knew he had been exposed) and recovered fully.

Don't come on here posting your lies and fake news.

JOKES!!!!!!!

Reactions: dinglefritz
I had it in June. Caught it most likely on a Walleye fishing trip to Canada with a buddy who also tested positive. I am 61. I have asthma. Bad. I was sick with Covid for a week. Bad cough. Fever. Felt fine in a week with zero lingering after effects.
My buddy was sick for two days then was fine.

Play ****ing football
Nope I post others opinions all the time, then I agree or disagree with them. If I agree with them, and am then questioned about it, I defend my position. I don't recall ever telling someone to take it up with the person that doesn't post on this board.

Think I'll stink around, thanks[/QUOTE

I had a friend played golf at the club and went home retired atty got sick after extremely miserable 3 weeks he died alone no family allowed. It’s not just the flu it’s real.

We're not letting it burn through the population by letting 18-23 year olds play football. Letting it burn through the college population is going to happen regardless of whether or not they're playing sports or attending class in person. Good Lord, go look around any town in America at what is going on including cities with "stay home" orders.

Additionally, Fauci now says that roughly 50% of Americans apparently have some T-cell immunity to previous generic Corona virus infections which explains the varying degrees of susceptibility we've seeing. An earlier study at Oxford University in the U.K. had suggested that all it was going to take was roughly a 20% infection rate to develop a population immunity because of that cross protection.

New York is a great study on what level of infection it takes to reach herd immunity. Get to 20-25% (assuming we are finding 1 in 10 via testing) and the number of cases flatten out. Florida is dang close to that but they've had more testing on asymptomatic cases so its closer to 25% for them, but they are also leveling out. California has a little ways to go but that's the next one to watch, due to it being demographically similar to the nation as a whole.

Again, it all comes down to the fact that the only thing we can affect is the timeline. Get it over with fast or get it over with on an extended period of time.

Almost 170k dead now here in the US.
And there is a poster here who had a brother and sister-in-law die from the virus. People should know that as well.
It's hardly one-in-a-million and people really shouldn't keep trying to minimize it either.
And why do people keep saying stuff like 'locking yourself in a house and not living?'
You can mask up, be responsible about social distancing and still spend plenty of time outside living.
I do it every day. Easy-peasy really.
My family doesn't leave the house without a mask. I have no problem playing along. My in laws wore a mask whenever they leave the house as well. Yet still got it. Nobody wants to get sick. Of course nobody wants to lose family members to this or anything. Death in any way shape or form is horrible to the families. However why do we as a society pick and choose those deaths that are more devastating than other deaths. Why is death from Covid worse or in any way more horrible than death from say flu or cancers or car accidents or suicides or murders . Many deaths happen every single day in the country. Many more than what Covid produces. Yet the medias only focus the last 6 months is how horrible covid and the deaths are from it. ALL DEATH sucks but it is a fact of life and unavoidable. There are an average of 3 millions deaths every year in the US yet we are spend all our time focusing and worrying about something that has caused under 200,000. Even those as we are finding out aren't all covid specific. Death from Covid and Death with covid are drastically different yet still labeled the same.
Imagine if you will that instead of picking Covid the media chooses heart disease. Which by the way kills around 600,000 every year or 1800 every single day in this country. Imagine every morning, every night every, media web page is 100% devoted to the deaths from heart disease. They have charts and graphs showing how many were diagnosed with heart disease and those who have died in every state. They plaster those high numbers everywhere. They interview experts and doctors telling you how to avoid this horrible death. They show you hospital rooms with heart patients who are close to death as the doctors work frantically to save them. They could go to all those fast food restaurants showing them packed with people eating unhealthy burgers with grease death dripping down. Saying how unsafe and unhealthy they are being. They are directly the cause of such high heart disease deaths in this country. Save yourself they say avoid these places to protect yourself and your family. They could have you so fearful of getting and dying from heart disease that you don't even want to smell fast food as it may increase your risk. You see how the media can easily influence what we focus. What we perceive as wide spread and horrible. They get to pick and choose what to tell us and they get to pick and choose what is horrible and not horrible. All lives matter all death matters. Don't let the media and the left make you believe one is more important or devastating than another.

Last edited:
My brother and sister-in-law had it. Basically sounded like the flu. They recovered in about a week, and my brother enjoyed milking every moment of it on Facebook.

I had a pod of about 8-9 coworkers get it. One of them died. He was in his late 50's, overweight, etc. Don't have a lot of other details.

I had a dry cough and lost my sense of taste for a few weeks. Figured I probably had it. My wife went and got the test, and it came back negative for both Covid and the antibodies. But who knows, the testing is not always accurate, either.

Almost 170k dead now here in the US.
And there is a poster here who had a brother and sister-in-law die from the virus. People should know that as well.
It's hardly one-in-a-million and people really shouldn't keep trying to minimize it either.
And why do people keep saying stuff like 'locking yourself in a house and not living?'
You can mask up, be responsible about social distancing and still spend plenty of time outside living.
I do it every day. Easy-peasy really.
It's one in a million for college aged kids. That's kind of the point on a football board.

Reactions: bluenrg and OzzyLvr
My brother and sister-in-law had it. Basically sounded like the flu. They recovered in about a week, and my brother enjoyed milking every moment of it on Facebook.

I had a pod of about 8-9 coworkers get it. One of them died. He was in his late 50's, overweight, etc. Don't have a lot of other details.

I had a dry cough and lost my sense of taste for a few weeks. Figured I probably had it. My wife went and got the test, and it came back negative for both Covid and the antibodies. But who knows, the testing is not always accurate, either.
testing is horribly inaccurate Negative antigen tests are especially fairly meaningless. All that means is that they weren't able to detect antigens in you nasal secretions.

I had it in June. Caught it most likely on a Walleye fishing trip to Canada with a buddy who also tested positive. I am 61. I have asthma. Bad. I was sick with Covid for a week. Bad cough. Fever. Felt fine in a week with zero lingering after effects.
My buddy was sick for two days then was fine.

Play ****ing football

How did you get into Canada in June?

Reactions: leodisflowers
Just like the thousand or so health care workers that have died from this....all were going to die within 2-3 weeks anyways, right?

Watch this board in 3-4 months. Most of these people will be the first to say "told you so" if the B1G made the wrong decision by not playing. Very few will step up and admit they were wrong if it turns out the B1G made the right call.
The average age of healthcare workers who have died from COVID was 62 as of mid July. MOST of those deaths occurred early on before we had the kind of knowledge we have now and a large number of them happened in New York City. My spouse deals with this every single day of the week. It worries the heck out of me but they take the precautions to keep from getting it and they make sure they go outside for a walk during daylight hours to get some sun. So far no healthcare worker that I know of has picked this virus up at work in our system.

How did you get into Canada in June?
Ha. I was wondering if someone would ask that. My buddy is Canadian and he runs a fishing resort business on a lake. He got a waiver to fly people in by water plane. First we had to show passports at the border then his waiver allowed him to proceed to a private airport just beyond Niagara Falls.

Ha. I was wondering if someone would ask that. My buddy is Canadian and he runs a fishing resort business on a lake. He got a waiver to fly people in by water plane. First we had to show passports at the border then his waiver allowed him to proceed to a private airport just beyond Niagara Falls.

I missed 2019 and 2020 but already have reservations for next year for Lac Seul. It's a blast.

The average age of healthcare workers who have died from COVID was 62 as of mid July. MOST of those deaths occurred early on before we had the kind of knowledge we have now and a large number of them happened in New York City. My spouse deals with this every single day of the week. It worries the heck out of me but they take the precautions to keep from getting it and they make sure they go outside for a walk during daylight hours to get some sun. So far no healthcare worker that I know of has picked this virus up at work in our system.
Where they picked it up wasn't really my point. Also, 62 year old health care workers weren't likely to die within 2 weeks had they not caught it.

Where they picked it up wasn't really my point. Also, 62 year old health care workers weren't likely to die within 2 weeks had they not caught it.
And all of this is mute anyways, as the reason for cancelling wasn't death rates of college players. All I'm saying is that anecdotes from people don't mean much. It's like saying that since I survived cancer (hypothetical) with few issues, everyone else will.

And all of this is mute anyways, as the reason for cancelling wasn't death rates of college players. All I'm saying is that anecdotes from people don't mean much. It's like saying that since I survived cancer (hypothetical) with few issues, everyone else will.
Goes both ways. Saying someone died from Covid is also anecdotal

It's about providing context to the numbers. You make it sound as if there are hundreds of health care workers dying right now from COVID. There has been a dramatic drop in the number of health care workers becoming ill with COVID just as there has been a dramatic drop of the overall number of daily fatalities nationally in this country. We've gotten better at preventing transmission in health care facilities. You do realize I hope that a large number of deaths in health care workers occurred in workers at nursing homes that were NOT prepared to deal with the COVID patients that Cuomo and his fellow east coast governors forced them to accept.

I missed 2019 and 2020 but already have reservations for next year for Lac Seul. It's a blast.
Where is that? Man I love fishing in Canada. And my buddy isn’t doing it anymore. He got tired of all the red tape to get his waiver. He had to renew it every month. And at age 66 he just decided it was time. So I need a new place! I will check this out. Walleye and Northern Pike is what I want.

Where is that? Man I love fishing in Canada. And my buddy isn’t doing it anymore. He got tired of all the red tape to get his waiver. He had to renew it every month. And at age 66 he just decided it was time. So I need a new place! I will check this out. Walleye and Northern Pike is what I want.
NW Ontario. About 150 miles north of International Falls

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
It's one in a million for college aged kids. That's kind of the point on a football board.
The OP was clearly talking about his in-laws. Their ages range from 2 to 92. RedMyMind's story involved a 50 year old. Pennsyhusker is 61 and I assume his buddy is of similar age. Iroh2 was talking about general population numbers. Even your response was addressing how Pennsyhusker's symptoms were pretty typical for his age. No one had been talking about college aged kids as a group.

Moot not mute.
x3sfo.jpg

This is forever burned into my brain

https://nipissing-lodge.com/
My grandpa started going here in the 30s, remained a family tradition for my family in NY until the 2000s. Not a fly-in type experience, but fantastic pike, walleye, smallmouth lake with plenty of muskie as well, but you know that actually hooking one is rare.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Cool story bro

Also, when you start a sentence with "if a person's life" you needed to finish your sentence with...it sounds like they're already dead. That way you have proper agreement OR you could change the start of the sentence to read.....If your life revolves around....then finish it off with you're already dead. Either way, just not the way you wrote it.

No charge for the writing lesson.

You go by Tuco Salamanca not Willa Cather bruh.. so settle down bitch.

Anecdotes mean enough to postpone football season, apparently.

myocarditis anecdotes, and the unknowns they’ve introduced, are, quite literally, the entire reason you cite continuously for the B1G and PAC12’s decision.

“Anecdotes don’t mean much.” Contradicts every post you’ve made for the past 10+ days.

https://nipissing-lodge.com/
My grandpa started going here in the 30s, remained a family tradition for my family in NY until the 2000s. Not a fly-in type experience, but fantastic pike, walleye, smallmouth lake with plenty of muskie as well, but you know that actually hooking one is rare.
Looks great. I love Smallmouth fishing too

So many points are misunderstood because of poor grammar and sentence structure. I thought you would be a little more appreciative of my assistance.

Poor grammar? Sentence structure? This is Tuco Salamanca?- ape/wannabe thug/damaged at the level cells reside? Mijo you are Tuco! You wear loud Versace and think you look cool! Real vatos point at you and laugh! Oh leva, appreciate me reminding you who you are lest you think you are some English prof! Laughing

Poor grammar? Sentence structure? This is Tuco Salamanca?- ape/wannabe thug/damaged at the level cells reside? Mijo you are Tuco! You wear loud Versace and think you look cool! Real vatos point at you and laugh! Oh leva, appreciate me reminding you who you are lest you think you are some English prof! Laughing

My brain hurts from reading this. Please listen to Tuco. He’s only trying to help you.

Isn't that the truth.

Lot of false positives out there.

You know...a month in the hospital...no big deal. Exhaustion for 4 months...sounds perfectly normal to me.

It IS fairly normal. When I was a freshman in college, I got a nasty case of something (probably the FLU - never went to the doctor) and I wasn't right for many weeks. I bet many people have had a similar experience. Sometimes illness has that impact on people. It's part of life.

It IS fairly normal. When I was a freshman in college, I got a nasty case of something (probably the FLU - never went to the doctor) and I wasn't right for many weeks. I bet many people have had a similar experience. Sometimes illness has that impact on people. It's part of life.
Not the point to my post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT