ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hwy 26 Guernsey (WY) to Ogallala

VandallHuskerJulie

First Team All-Big Ten
Oct 13, 2001
Thanks to all who gave advice about taking this route and hwy 92. I had a great (brief) time at Scottsbluff Natl Monument and Chimney Rock. You're right - they are kind of hard to miss! I'm heading home on Sun and thinking about returning via the same route. That way I can also have a Runza at Gering - it was the first one I had when I hit NE and it will probably be the last as I leave the state. Thanks again!

Thanks to all who gave advice about taking this route and hwy 92. I had a great (brief) time at Scottsbluff Natl Monument and Chimney Rock. You're right - they are kind of hard to miss! I'm heading home on Sun and thinking about returning via the same route. That way I can also have a Runza at Gering - it was the first one I had when I hit NE and it will probably be the last as I leave the state. Thanks again!
Hope you stopped for a burger at Open Range in Ogallala. The owners are local ranchers who use their own beef (smart business model). The food is always very fresh.

we drove thru the area a few years back. it was really great.
plan to try it again in a few years.

Ever had the Pizza Place up in Lusk WY? Smoked brisket pizza was maybe the best zah I've ever had!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT