OT: A Drive Through Western Nebraska - Pt 7 McCook

bomber89

Offensive Coordinator
Oct 12, 2004
I lived in a small town around McCook back in 86-89. I remember we had to drive 30 miles just to take our date to a movie. There was a town between where I lived and McCook called Indianola and in that town there was a pizza joint called "Rocket Inn" and they made a great pizza and they put sauerkraut on it and I thought that was disgusting till I tried it. mmm, mmm, good.

TruHusker

Offensive Coordinator
Sep 21, 2001
I lived in a small town around McCook back in 86-89. I remember we had to drive 30 miles just to take our date to a movie. There was a town between where I lived and McCook called Indianola and in that town there was a pizza joint called "Rocket Inn" and they made a great pizza and they put sauerkraut on it and I thought that was disgusting till I tried it. mmm, mmm, good.

It is still there and the pizza is still great. Did you live in Cambridge?

TruHusker

Offensive Coordinator
Sep 21, 2001
My brother lives in Cambridge. I grew up a short distance from there, we played the Bartley Bombers in the day.

Reactions: bomber89

c487537

Walk On
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2004
May dad is the only living male left of his class from Bartley I think it was class of 1946. They farmed just east of Bartley. My moms family farmed just NW of Cambridge and she graduated from there in1949 or 50. I still have a lot of extended family in both towns.

Reactions: gomerxx

huskerfan66

Head Coach
Dec 8, 2004
I know what you mean. I was the same way. Drizzle a little Sparkys on it, you'd be surprised

Latest posts