ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hug your family

zach5127

Sophomore
Dec 7, 2006
Augusta, Ga
A kid (J) that I coached football in and his dad (S) were in a head on collision a couple nights back. S died in the resulting fire, while the J (7 years old) broke his neck. Thankfully folks were able to get him out before the truck became engulfed (so I have heard). J has movement in finger and toes so that is a positive sign. J and S LOVED football, always being as involved as possible. His Dad always was a volunteer for our league and was just a flat out good dude. Some potatoes right now, but adds salt to it with it being Christmas and J (guessing) never being able to play again (big part of the father/son relationship).

You truly never know when your number is going to be called and what is going to be taken away from you.

Happened in Augusta, Ga area.

A kid (J) that I coached football in and his dad (S) were in a head on collision a couple nights back. S died in the resulting fire, while the J (7 years old) broke his neck. Thankfully folks were able to get him out before the truck became engulfed (so I have heard). J has movement in finger and toes so that is a positive sign. J and S LOVED football, always being as involved as possible. His Dad always was a volunteer for our league and was just a flat out good dude. Some potatoes right now, but adds salt to it with it being Christmas and J (guessing) never being able to play again (big part of the father/son relationship).

You truly never know when your number is going to be called and what is going to be taken away from you.

Happened in Augusta, Ga area.
Sorry to hear. Thoughts and Prayers to their family.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT