ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Heads up on some $ savings on your current DirecTV service.

SantaBarbaraSker

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
Where ever my wife tells me to be.
Just got off the phone with DirecTV. Was calling them in regards to a technical issue with my DVR, nothing to do with my bill or anything. Out of the blue the customer service rep said “AT&T and DirecTV realize the holidays or an expensive time of year, so we’d like to give you $20 off your bill for the next 12 months”. I said what’s the catch, he said “no catch, just our gift to you”. That was it, just went online and checked my statement and sure enough my bills been dropped by $20.

My guess is, since AT&T just acquired DirecTV, they’re attempting to strengthen their brand loyalty and cement the current customer base. In any case, thought it was pretty decent of them to offer it with no solicitation whatsoever on my part. Of course they asked me if I’d be interested in changing my wireless service to AT&T (if I would they would give me an additional $15 off my bill and free HBO for the life of the account) I simply stated not at this time, and they let it go.

The number I used was 1-800-531-5000. Just asked the automated system to give me a representative. Have no idea if it will work for anybody who calls up and just says they have a friend who was given a year-long $20 discount. But probably worth 10 minutes of your time to give it a try.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News