ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Good cheap burger in Nebraska?

How do you know that was the main reason why Millard Roadhouse shut down because of that?

Well their chicken was amazing, but setting that aside there are prolly a couple reasons they shut their doors, all I know is I miss their chicken and I live 2.36 minutes away so I felt pretty safe driving by the cop shop on my way home after a beer or four. I miss their chicken :(

Reactions: scarletred
This would be a good topic during hunting season and towns under 10,000 people. Can't remember the names of the small bar/resturants I have enjoyed their burgers.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
The Elyria Bar & Grill serves up a fine cheeseburger...dinky lil’ town between Ord & Burwell but it’s legit good...you just can’t beat the hole in the walls that have been using the same grease on their grill since the mid 80s...on s side note, if anyone ever visits, Fort Hartsuff is a great little side tour for the history buffs on the board

Well their chicken was amazing, but setting that aside there are prolly a couple reasons they shut their doors, all I know is I miss their chicken and I live 2.36 minutes away so I felt pretty safe driving by the cop shop on my way home after a beer or four. I miss their chicken :(

Before Millard Roadhouse it was Stockade and I always thought they had the best chicken dinners along with Shortstop..

In Lincoln I'm a big fan of the BurgerFi Bacon Cheeseburger
Does Omaha or Lincoln have the In-N-Out Burger Joint? (I wasn't impressed with the one I had in Phoenix). But I know some here think it's to die for.

Last edited:
Does Omaha or Lincoln have the In-N-Out Burger Joint? (I wasn't impressed with the one I had in Phoenix). But I know some here think it's to die for.

Shake shack puts In-N-Out to shame. Nebraska definitely needs one.

Fast-Food: Runza & Freddy's
Slow-Food: LeadBelly & Block16
Healthy: Wilson & Washburn
Beet Burger
seasoned beet patty, house smoked peanut butter, pickled jalapeño, vegan bun

I finally tried Dinkers and Stella’s a few years ago. They were good, but IMO they were both just missing something. My wife and kids felt the same way. I think if they seasoned their burgers with something it’d be the bomb. Again JMHO.

In Omaha, Ray’s Wings in Midtown Crossing, I really like their burgers. Cheddars isn’t too bad either.

There’s a place in Ogallala on the north end of town (can’t think of the name) that had what I thought was a great burger, but after a day at Lake Mac I was starving. If/when I’m back that way I will stop there again. It looks western like with a lot of light colored wood inside. Someone has to know the name.
Open Range Burgers in Ogallala. Me and my son's love that place! Great burgers! Now I'm hungry. I was actually going to post about that place.

I know it's a chain but I have to crush some 5 Guys every now and then.
I like Five Guys burgers, I just wish there was an option to get real cheese instead of the nostalgic-but-still-awful Kraft American Single. They also need a smaller option for fries. I have a hard time paying $3.50 for a bushel basket of fries when I really only want about 1/3 of them.

Good burgers though, for sure.

Reactions: newAD
I like Five Guys burgers, I just wish there was an option to get real cheese instead of the nostalgic-but-still-awful Kraft American Single. They also need a smaller option for fries. I have a hard time paying $3.50 for a bushel basket of fries when I really only want about 1/3 of them.

Throw the rest (fries) out in the parking lot, between the gulls and the ravens, they'll be gone in no time!

Agree. Love 5 guys but I’d love it more with cheddar.

Easy boys, it's only food, whether it's cheap burgers or pizza. Sure, the chain burger and pizza places aren't gourmet, but they're good enough that millions of people eat them every day. I admit that I had a fresh cooked Quarter Pounder at McD's last year and it wasn't too bad. Both seem to be good enough for a lot of people.

However, for quite a few years I've been buying the grass fed natural beef and making burgers grilled or fried, taste great!

Easy boys, it's only food, whether it's cheap burgers or pizza. Sure, the chain burger and pizza places aren't gourmet, but they're good enough that millions of people eat them every day. I admit that I had a fresh cooked Quarter Pounder at McD's last year and it wasn't too bad. Both seem to be good enough for a lot of people.

However, for quite a few years I've been buying the grass fed natural beef and making burgers grilled or fried, taste great!

I can honestly say that I have never grilled a burger on my own that tasted better than a Big Mac.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT