ADVERTISEMENT

OT firm mattress

otismotis08

Head Coach
Jan 5, 2012
parts unknown
So I'm in the market for a new queen-size mattress. Looking for very firm, with a pillow top sort of thing. I've purchased a Lucid Hybrid on Amazon before and really liked it, but they no longer seem to make them. Not really sold on the fully foam mattresses...seems like eventually they will sag and may be hot in the summer. So I've always thought a hybrid would make sense. Looking to spend <<< $1000.

Memory foam is terrible for "bedroom activities". Get no motion and it takes twice as much effort. Spring/foam hybrid is best compromise and usually get reviewed well.
You are correct about that but if you want the best sleep it’s a temprpedic we love our, and at our age bed room activity isn’t like when you were first married

I had an expensive memory foam mattress (medium softness) for years from a well-known company with a Colorado name, and hated it with the fire of a thousand burning suns. I had back and neck pain every…single…morning.

Finally, I chucked the thing and bought a cheap Sealy hybrid firm. It was just going to be a stopgap while I saved up for a Sleep Number. Turned out that all I needed was “firm”, not “medium” and definitely not “soft”. Back pain and neck pain were gone literally overnight, and 2 years later I’ve never looked back.

We love our Tempurpedic - but I’m not sure what their price points are any more as we have had our forever and a moon (no sagging).

We did buy a “Purple Mattress” -for our guest room. We wanted it to be a goodnight sleep for two nights. I think was around $400-$500.

Very first visit from the In-laws they said they loved the mattress on night one. Two days later they were asking if they could chip in to get a different one. All I could think was “Nailed It!!!”

Make your own goddamn thread Killer! Mr. Motis deserves some attention to his firm mattress needs.
Sorry The Hangover GIF

But seriously, Sleep Number, yes/no? 🤣

So I'm in the market for a new queen-size mattress. Looking for very firm, with a pillow top sort of thing. I've purchased a Lucid Hybrid on Amazon before and really liked it, but they no longer seem to make them. Not really sold on the fully foam mattresses...seems like eventually they will sag and may be hot in the summer. So I've always thought a hybrid would make sense. Looking to spend <<< $1000.
I went to NFM and got the their brand for around that price, liked it .

You should look at latex. It's a game changer. I am a mattress snob and have tried just about everything, and spent way more than money over the past 40 years than I care to admit.

About 8 years ago, I discovered latex and will never go back. It provides good, firm support with a nice spring/sponge feel on top. It sleeps cool and never sags. You can choose your firmness levels, with the base layer(s) being firm and adding just an inch or two of soft on top.

The best company for this is Sleep on Latex.

Latex is far superior to memory foam, tempurpedic, gels, and hybrids with springs. The latter will sag, usually sooner rather than later.

You should look at latex. It's a game changer. I am a mattress snob and have tried just about everything, and spent way more than money over the past 40 years than I care to admit.

About 8 years ago, I discovered latex and will never go back. It provides good, firm support with a nice spring/sponge feel on top. It sleeps cool and never sags. You can choose your firmness levels, with the base layer(s) being firm and adding just an inch or two of soft on top.

The best company for this is Sleep on Latex.

Latex is far superior to memory foam, tempurpedic, gels, and hybrids with springs. The latter will sag, usually sooner rather than later.
Do you work for “Sleep on Latex”? Sounds suspicious

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT