ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ending to Movies

big red22

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 15, 2003
So to go topic, and change pace

Is there an ending to a movie that just left you speechless?

I have seen a lot of movies about Nazi's, War, Mass Killings... none bothered me as much as "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas". It was ones of the most disturbing endings to a movie that I have ever seen, and the crazy thing is, you knew it was coming!

Anybody have any movies with jaw dropping endings?

I have seen a lot of movies about Nazi's, War, Mass Killings... none bothered me as much as "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas". It was ones of the most disturbing endings to a movie that I have ever seen, and the crazy thing is, you knew it was coming!

The Planet of the Apes.

Reactions: arf_man
Bone Tomahawk had one of the most graphic kills in the end I've ever seen.
I saw that movie last week. All the reviews describe it as a horror film. With the exception of one very graphic scene, it is just a good cowboys and indians western. The one graphic scene looked like something you would see in a Nazi war crimes movie. I liked the movie a lot though.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas--unforgettable ending. Gallipoli will leave you weeping, too--and I don't care how macho you might think you are. On the brighter side--King of Hearts.

The ending of Whiplash totally fascinates me. Wonder what that kid was thinking about his "teacher" at the end?

Usual Suspects, for sure. "Who is Keyser Soze?" I think I really appreciated The Usual Suspects the most, because I totally didn't see the ending coming. Looking for Mr. Goodbar, Psycho, The Sixth Sense...perhaps Memento.

Roller Boogie - I was astonished Terry Barkley (Linda Blair) got shipped off to Julliard to learn how to play the flute in the end. They might have shot a second happier ending, but after they wrapped shooting Blair had to fly to Florida to appear in court for cocaine possession.

Grease - Who woulda thunk sweet Sandy would end up being a cigarette smoking, camel-toe sporting sleeze?

Revenge of the Nerds - I still can't believe Betty Childs dumped starting QB and campus heartthrob Stan Gable for a myopic, buck-toothed nerd.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (1966) - he gave back the Jing Tinglers, Flu Floopers, Tar Tinkers, Who hash, and roast beast - really, I mean REALLY???

Band of Brothers speach by the German general. (Yes I know it was an adaptation of Henry V). Great ending showing both sides of that awful war.

Carrie....scared the crap out of me at the time.

Gone Girl...hated the ending.

Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid.

Last of the Mohicans

" The Sting "; a great ending and a real audience play off the ending to " Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid". I had a rare two first dates the week the movie came out. The first date I sat initially stunned by the ending ; taking the second date to the same movie at her request - I broke out laughing in a stunned and silent theater at the ending ( like a lone sadist ).

Reactions: BradWesley
ql00VB.gif

No Way Out (Costner really was a spy).
Sixth Sense

I know it's a 60s cultural icon and was way before my time, but I think Easy Rider is incredibly overrated. Nothing happens for 90 minutes and then they get killed.

Agreed, Carrie scared me also

Gone Girl...loved the ending, she deserved a good husband, she was willing to go REALLY REALLY far to prove that.

Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, I wish I was old enough to have seen this before I was 5. It bet the ending was awesome if you could full comprehend it at the time.

I'd like to add Scream, very cool, good twist. What I liked about it, was that it was so obvious, yet you still couldn't be sure.

The Bad News Bears (original one). I thought for sure Kelly Leak was going yard. I still think he got under the tag though, lol.

Reactions: huskersoup
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT