ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Detroit style pizza

I like my pizza the best. Make a pot full of sauce then freeze in freezer bags that each holds enough for one pizza. Make the dough on Saturday then make the pizza every Sunday night for dinner. Use really good peperoni that is made in state and Tillamook cheese from Oregon. I roll out the dough fairly thin. Bake at 500 degrees in the oven. In the summer when it is too hot to have the oven "On" I place a pizza stone on the grates of my gas Weber to cook the pizza. Always have a little finely chopped red onion, diced green pepper and mushrooms to go with the pepperoni. Better than anything I can buy in town, but there is a new place, a craft cocktails joint, that is supposed to have a special pizza oven. Haven't tried it out yet.

I like my pizza the best. Make a pot full of sauce then freeze in freezer bags that each holds enough for one pizza. Make the dough on Saturday then make the pizza every Sunday night for dinner. Use really good peperoni that is made in state and Tillamook cheese from Oregon. I roll out the dough fairly thin. Bake at 500 degrees in the oven. In the summer when it is too hot to have the oven "On" I place a pizza stone on the grates of my gas Weber to cook the pizza. Always have a little finely chopped red onion, diced green pepper and mushrooms to go with the pepperoni. Better than anything I can buy in town, but there is a new place, a craft cocktails joint, that is supposed to have a special pizza oven. Haven't tried it out yet.
Ooh I should try that

Just tried Williamsburg in Omaha. Would seriously recommend it.

The pizzas is a little light on the sauce for me but still really really good.

The garlic knots and meatballs are excellent appetizers.

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
Before I remarried I dated one of the owners of one of the pizza joints mentioned in this thread...she invited me over and told me to come on in when I got there.... she was taking a bubble bath...haha. Highlight of the "relationship" that I'll never forget.
Oh yeah! Sex and pizza! Did you screw while eating pizza?

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Everyone that makes their own food thinks they do it better than every restaurant. Steak guy and BBQ guy are notorious for this....but pizza guy is up there too.

It’s like niether. Detroit style is carmelized deep dish. Not Chicago style deep dish, more like pizza hut’s pan pizza I guess. But yeas La Casa’s is the shit, New York style cut in square pieces. IDK what the fvck you’d call big Fred’s? Omaha style? It’s ok I guess, but I LOVE me some La Casa!
la caza is like expensive crack

Reactions: V-Doub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT