ADVERTISEMENT

OT Consumer or business law question - need help

ohio4nu

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
Loveland, OH from Omaha
So, I purchased some replacement seat covers for a project car I have, from an online retailer. These are fairly high-end replacements and are custom made to fit the OEM seats on my '95 Miata.

The web site indicated it would take five days in production and would ship after that. It also indicated a 30 day return policy on all products.

I ordered the covers online on 6/26. They were supposed to ship by 7/1. I contacted them on 7/1 because I had not received any confirmation of my order. I was told at that time that they were still in production and would ship "soon", but they were going to be closed on 7/3. I was given a UPS tracking number at that time and was told to "keep checking to see if it was shipped"....(nice customer service).

I sent a note on 7/7 asking for yet another update because UPS didn't show they had shipped at that point. I received a response that day that said they SHOULD ship either that day or the next.

Because they created the shipping label on 6/30, I don't have an accurate date on which they shipped, but I do know, and have UPS confirmation, that they were delivered on Monday, 7/13 (17 days after I ordered them).

As many of you know, I work out of town, so I didn't get home until that following Friday (7/17) and immediately left town on a two week road trip through this last Saturday (8/1). I opened the package on Sunday, (8/2) and found that there was an issue with the covers.

I contacted the company via email and told them they were not up to my expectations and had some issues with them. I asked them how I would go about returning them. I received an email stating that since it was after the 30 day return policy was up (from the date of order 6/26) that they would not accept a return.

Is this legal? 30 days from the day of order, when they were late in delivering, rather than 30 days from the date of receipt? I sent them a note back and have not heard from them in several days.

Do I have a leg to stand on? What is my recourse?

TIA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News