ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chiefs....

ru4nu2win

All-American
May 2, 2006
Been a lifelong fan and I'm almost 50. Hoping before I die I can see them win a super bowl. If I live to 100 + I might not see it. Gawd it's painful being a fan.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Been a lifelong fan and I'm almost 50. Hoping before I die I can see them win a super bowl. If I live to 100 + I might not see it. Gawd it's painful being a fan.

And now they’re going to get rid of one of the top QBs in the league? You may not get your wish.

And now they’re going to get rid of one of the top QBs in the league? You may not get your wish.

Alex Smith is not one of the top QB's in the league. Alex Smith is a good QB who can win you some regular season games, and then you can count of him to do absolutely nothing when everything is on the line. We have a HUGE body of work to draw that conclusion from. Smith is done as a Chief, and I thank him for all he has done, but he had his shot, and he was made a very wealthy man for his efforts, but it's time for him to step aside.

Alex Smith is not one of the top QB's in the league. Alex Smith is a good QB who can win you some regular season games, and then you can count of him to do absolutely nothing when everything is on the line. We have a HUGE body of work to draw that conclusion from. Smith is done as a Chief, and I thank him for all he has done, but he had his shot, and he was made a very wealthy man for his efforts, but it's time for him to step aside.

Darrell Revis..... smh, that dude should NEVER be allowed on the football field again.

I’m certainly more of a College Football fan than NFL, so even growing up and living in KC I’ve always been a casual Chiefs fan. Yesterday was painful... I finally had to admit to myself that the Chiefs might be the worst playoff team in any major sport. I think they even threw up the stat in the 4th quarter yesterday that the Chiefs have lost their last 4 playoff games at home dating back to 2003? SMH

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Want to make the playoffs? Alex Smith is good to have under center. Want to win a Super Bowl? You don't want Alex Smith.

Admirable what he's accomplished year in and year out, it takes steadiness to make the playoffs consistently. But he has a clear ceiling as evidenced by, well, his whole career.

I'm rooting for the guy, but can't fault KC for parting ways with him. Alex Smith will land somewhere if he wants to keep playing.

I’m certainly more of a College Football fan than NFL, so even growing up and living in KC I’ve always been a casual Chiefs fan. Yesterday was painful... I finally had to admit to myself that the Chiefs might be the worst playoff team in any major sport. I think they even threw up the stat in the 4th quarter yesterday that the Chiefs have lost their last 4 playoff games at home dating back to 2003? SMH
I thought it was 5 going into yesterday's game, now 6.

Edit: Decided to look it up...
KC Playoff Home Games
2017: Lost to Tennessee 21-22 (Wild Card Round).
2016: Lost to Pittsburgh 16-18 (Divisional Round).
2015: No home playoff games.
2014: Did not qualify for playoffs.
2013: No home playoff games.
2012: Did not qualify for playoffs.
2011: Did not qualify for playoffs.
2010: Lost to Baltimore 7-30 (Wild Card Round).
2009: Did not qualify for playoffs.
2008: Did not qualify for playoffs.
2007: Did not qualify for playoffs.
2006: No home playoff games.
2005: Did not qualify for playoffs.
2004: Did not qualify for playoffs.
2003: Lost to Indianapolis 31-38 (Divisional Round).
2002: Did not qualify for playoffs.
2001: Did not qualify for playoffs.
2000: Did not qualify for playoffs.
1999: Did not qualify for playoffs.
1998: Did not qualify for playoffs.
1997: Lost to Denver 10-14 (Divisional Round).
1996: Did not qualify for playoffs.
1995: Lost to Indianapolis 7-10 (Divisional Round).
1994: No home playoff games.
1993: WON OVER PITTSBURGH 27-24 OT (Wild Card Round). Then won at Houston, then lost at Buffalo.

So 1993 is their last home playoff win. Now 0-6 at home in the playoffs since then (1995, 1997, 2003, 2010, 2016, 2017).

Last edited:

Smith was the best QB this season, mainly because he finally had to fight for his job. The reality is he had the best season of his career and at this point it’s not likely that this is Smith’s new status quo. It was an outlier season. Perhaps he can replicate it, but I doubt it. The reality is Mahomes was nails last week in Denver and he is the future of the Chiefs and I think the Chiefs are ready to move into the future. He’s the first QB KC has actually drafted and developed since Blackledge back in the ‘80’s. So Smith’s departure is expected and won’t be mourned.

Reactions: saluno22
Maybe, I know they’ve lost their las 6, obviously. But I wasn’t sure if they were all at home. I didn’t catch the whole stat.
Gotcha. I went back and added their playoff history to my other post dating back to their last home playoff win (1993).

The Chiefs won a road playoff game at Houston two years ago, but you have to go back to the Joe Montana days to find a home win.

I think yesterday made it a done deal that Alex Smith's days in KC are over. I believe they'd have to pay him $17 million to come back. With Mahomes ready to take over, I think it's makes it all but certain that Smith goes else-where.

Reactions: saluno22
I honestly feel bad for all of the Chiefs fans that I know in the KC area...talk about a suffering fan base. However, was anyone really surprised by the outcome of the game yesterday based on their history in the playoffs? It seemed like it was only a matter of time before the wheels fell off during the game.

Get rid of Reid too then right?

I would be fine with that as well. Andy Reid is the Alex Smith of coaches, and we have a huge body of work to draw that conclusion to. The Chiefs have some major talent, it's a great, not good, job, with Mahomes that is. If all they had was Smith, it's a very average job with a low ceiling, but now would be a great time for a fresh start and no reasonable Chief's fan will be to disappointed if everyone goes their separate ways at this point.

As a lifelong Raiders fan, I would love to take glee in this. But then, I remember I'm a Raiders fan. Take heart, good Sir.

I don't like the chiefs, like creighton bball, it takes focus away from NU football

I know this is an old saying, but when I die, I would like the Kansas City Chiefs to be my pallbearers... so they can let me down one last time.

Reactions: WHCSC
the wheels came off the offense

Literally. As stated in the Raiders thread:

"Chiefs forgot they had an MVP caliber running back in the backfield after the first quarter. He had 6 first quarter carries and just 5 the rest of the way. This despite leading for nearly the entire game. Just an awful loss for KC."

Reactions: SoFL Husker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT